What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most disappointing player for each club

balmainbenny

Juniors
Brisbane Broncos : Dane Carlaw/Brent Tate (did'nt live upto the wraps).
Canberra : Brad Drew (bought as a halfback, failed miserably).
Canterbury : Ben Harris (not kicked on).
Cronulla : Paul Franze / Greg Bird
Manly: Solomon Haumono
Melbourne : Rodney Howe
Newcastle : Josh Perry
NZ Warriors : Take your pick. Clinton Toopi is mine with Villa, Webb, Jones, Faumina, Betham , Lauittiti close behind.
North Qld : Michael Luck
Parramatta : Adam Dykes / Michael Vella / Daniel Wagon
Penrith : tough call, rhys wesser
St George : tough call, mark riddell
Souths : Brad Watts
Sydney : Justin Hodges
Wests : Nick Graham

t-ba

Post Whore
Ian Donnelly for Manly. Solo wasn't to impressive and Harris and Walker went right off the boil at the back end of the season.

balmainbenny, some of your selections are just terrible.

Rhys Wesser, Mark Riddell, Brent Tate.... :roll:

From my club (Penrith) no one really stands out.

Its dissapointing Girdler didnt play more but Panthers fans come to expect that in recent seasons.

brenno

Juniors
I'd throw mark mclinden & joel monaghan in for canberra. Judas monaghan's mind was already at bondi junction by round 16.

lodown

Juniors
for manly, on form: donnelly. otherwise: walker/hoppa

for the broncos i would have said Brad Meyers was the most dissapointing

brook

First Grade
wtf? riddell had a great season

spot on with the tigers though, graham was terrible

m0j0

Bench
balmainbenny said:
Sydney : Justin Hodges

I don't know about that, I was far from disappointed when I found out he was leaving for Brisbane.

Seriously though, I'd have to say Luke Dorn for the Roosters. However, if you're wanting someone who's regularly played first grade this year - it's a toss up between Chris Walker and Justin Hodges. It kills me to see them on the same flank every week.

m0j0

Bench
Johns Magic said:
bluesbreaker said:
Knights: Kurt Gidley

I disagree

I could think of a few off the top of my head that would beat Gidley for that title at Newcastle:
Russell Richardson
Steve Witt
Josh Perry (big call I know, but compared to previous seasons he has been disappointing)

Johns Magic

Referee
m0j0 said:
Johns Magic said:
bluesbreaker said:
Knights: Kurt Gidley

I disagree

I could think of a few off the top of my head that would beat Gidley for that title at Newcastle:
Russell Richardson
Steve Witt
Josh Perry (big call I know, but compared to previous seasons he has been disappointing)

Witt went alright towards the end of the season. You're spot on with Perry.

^ Pando

retired
It's hard to think of someone from the Dogs. The closest I can come up with is Gramaldi, and that's only because he sometimes tends to give away stupid penalties.

Kris_man

Bench
Canberra's most disappointing was by far Mark Mclinden. We all expected Brad Drew to suck, but every one of us had high hopes that McLinden would start the season the way he finished it last season, and be the solution to our halfback problem. It just didn't happen, and by the end of the season he was playing on the bench, to make way for...Brad Drew.

Here's for the other teams:
Brisbane Broncos : Brett Seymour - this guy isn't as good as the media makes out
Canterbury : Ben Harris
Cronulla : Paul Franze
Manly: Solomon Haumono
Melbourne : Rodney Howe
Newcastle : Andrew Johns -yet another season ending injury (season ending for the Knights, that is)
NZ Warriors :Ali Lautiti
North Qld : Jaiman Lowe
Parramatta : Michael Witt -was meant to replace Dykes and life Parra from their slump, but didn't)
Penrith : Rhys Wesser - what happened to the one-try-per-game?
St George : Trent Barrett (where were you when they needed you?
Souths : Willie Peters - next Sterlo? I dont think so...
Roosters: Craig Wing - disappointing year by his standards, but he's coming back to form
Wests : Nick Graham - what happened to this bloke??

lolesi

First Grade
Sharks : Russ Aitken - Has massive raps from everyone in the club and fans, but this year just did sweet FA

Foz

Bench
Galloway was my most disappointing at the Sharks.
On last years debut I thought he would of cemented his spot in the 1st grade team.
Was "soft" in a few games but he's still learning so I havent given up on him.

JW

Coach
Kris_man said:
Brisbane Broncos : Brett Seymour - this guy isn't as good as the media makes out

The media hasn't made him out to be anything, mainly because he played about 8 games at the start of the year FFS #-o

Brisbane - Has to Brad Meyers. A shocking fall from being a Aussie backrower to being a fill in on the bench.

Cheers.

Iafeta

Referee
Warriors - all of them, bar Iafeta Paleaaesina, Louis/Vinnie Anderson, Wairangi Koopu, Tevita Latu, Betham and Jerome Ropati. The rest to be frank made awful efforts.

Latest posts