What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most improved player of the season?

Most improved player 2008

• Scotty

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Junior

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Mark

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Patto

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Jimmy

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Taia

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Hilder

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Kidley

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

hugzy

Juniors
there have been so many improvements it's hard to pick one...

scotty is awesome
junior is great but could improve his passing
mark? taufua?
patto's defence has been unbelievable
jimmys mr. safe
taia is good
hilder is AWESOME but he wasn't at the knights last year was he? i thought Squigley and Riley "random" Brown (love that guy) was fill in for bedsy
Kidley has become a fantastic player but not that much improvement

roopy

Referee
Junior is hard to go past, but i went for Mark, who has made enormous progress, mostly in the reggies.

Yosh

Coach
I went Kidley... Just amazing. Then I would of gone Mark, I honestly thought he was bit of a dud but showing why he is gonna be signed before White or Royal!!!

aqua_duck

Coach
I reckon Taia's been amazing this year considering we picked him up mid season last year. Also Jesse's done pretty well and Dan Tolar has been at his workmanlike best

keeney

First Grade
Taia for mine, until he got injured he had an amazing workrate. Good in defense, good in attack, an everywhere man plucked straight from the risk of NRL oblivion.

But in reality, all of these players have improved their games. I guess its just a positive by product of having a coach who coaches a team with shared responsibility.

Pato is a strange one for me. His defense has been mind blowing all year but his attack has been off the brilliance of last year. He's starting to hit form really well in the last few weeks though. Every single tackle of his tonight had solid contact, his timing in laying in the shoulder is unbelievable. He was marking Lima as well who is Sau if he was a prop, certainly not the easiest player to mark.

Last edited:

Hanscholo

Bench
Taia hands down imo. I can see why Smith nearly fell over himself to get him when it became apparent parramatta were letting him go. What the hell was Hagan thinking.

keeney

First Grade
Sau is very very good, but he has been good since he came to grade. Taia has had a slight promise, but has turned into a top shelf grafter.

Spike

First Grade
I'd say Taia. Has really knuckled down and starting to show what he's capable of. Hope he can back it up next year and continue to improve.

Jono078

Referee
I went Gidley.

He improved a lot last year but still had that error or sh*t game in him.

He is just about the complete player this year, and now a fine captain.

I don't think Taia is most improved at all, besides his last month of footy he was pretty much just making tackles and the odd hitup with a few errors here and there.

Pika

Bench
Taufua.

He is not yet on the same level a Zeb, but as far as improvement goes, he has been incredible.

watatank

Coach
Gidley. He has just gone up another level for you guys. I think Newcastle is in good hands with him leading the team.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Matty Hilder has benefited enormously from Smiths influence. Hooker/lock are his best positions (not 5/8 Carty) and he has become a real defencive workhorse.