What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Improved Player of The Year

any suggestions ???

i will post a poll up once i know, the candidates

I will say Merritt, he improves every year, 2003 he was probably the worst player in the comp, 2004, improved but still had nothing, 2005, carved up in premier league, showed us, he is too good for PL, 2006, he is the current leading try-scorer in the NRL, and is third in line-breaks, that is a marvellous effort imo, and he is beating greg inglis and brett stewart in both departments, not to say, he is as good as them, but still its a great achievement

Dutchy

Immortal
merrit is a decent player I agree - I have one issue with your post - Hes only leading Ginglis and Stewy because of the time they have spent on the sidelines this year.

I rate Chris Hicks very highly and also Travis Burns - hes come a long wat from Sharks PL to Manly 1st Grade and it ripping it up

id also love to give adam mogg a wrap, he was a fairly ordinary player in recent years, and he has a blinder of a year, this year, and gets a shock call up in origin, that deserves a mention too

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cronk. No-one else is on par in terms of improvement. Carmont deserves a mention though.

Iafeta

Referee
For us, Evarn Tuimavave and Simon Mannering.

Tuimavave could barely make first grade last year, this year he's played in all but one games - when Wiki has gone out of the team, IMO the team has gone better with Tuimavave in his place. When Price was out for three Origin matches, the Warriors won all three with Tuimavave a shining light.

Mannering was really raw last year, this year he's been very difficult to bring down out wide. Gets through a tonne of work hitting the ball up and is defensively very sound.

Both are bolters for the Kiwis tour.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Cooper Cronk by a long way into Todd Carney and Alan Tongue for the minor placings IMO (the latter 2 with green goggles firmly on :lol:)

t-ba

Post Whore
It's not like you actually had to read the text to know exactly what this thread was going to be about...

For Manly it's been Matai. He still lapses in defence occasionally and does some stupid things in attack occasionally, but he's stepped out of George Carmonts shadow...