What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most over-rated player in the NRL??

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Orford, O'Donnell, Maitua, Pritchard are all up there but for me the most overrated is Dean Young. I don't think he's a bad player, he certainly busts his gut no question, but I just don't see what Gould et al see in him. When playing hooker, he would stifle the Dragons with his slow service from dummy half and in the backrow he just doesn't make an impact with the ball. When he was 18th man for Origin I couldn't understand it (well, maybe a little cause Daley is a selector and fellates him at every opportunity). A trier, but not Origin worthy by any stretch of the imagination.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
So Pavlov's theory about teaching dumb animals once again rings true. Chucky has finally got it - ironically in a season where Heather has actually done some good (even if it was only filling in for first reciever for NSW in the last Origin minute, kicking a field goal that anyone bar a a Roosters PL half could kick, and delivering a neat pass to Greg "isn't Macksville in Queensland" Inglis.)

Lockyer performed those three things did he? Well i guess that is more than any eel half has done since Sterlo did his shoulder in 1992.
The joys of being an Eels supporter eh Misty? Ahhhh the days of Stuey Galbraith, Andrew Fitzhenry, Adam Dykes, Chris Thorman, Garen Casey, Tulsen Tollett, Troy Pezet, David Penna, John Simon (do you still have nightmares how he missed that field goal in the 1998 prelim final?) Ben Kusto (my fav)
Suprised you have not necked yourself after watching that crap.
I wish Brian Smith was the Broncos coach...he would have put Langer in the QLD cup and played Ben Walker as the halfback for 10 yrs.
Its ok though, Tim Smith and Brett Finch dont have big shoes to fill after the past 14 yrs of "quality" halves.

Bman26

Juniors
he was mentioned in another thread as a bolter for origin, Clint Greenshields, i honestly dont see what everyone else does in this guy. He's terribly slow for a fullback which leaves him in trouble defensively. however he is pretty safe under a highball

Bench
Daniel Fitzhenry,I know you blokes don't rate him,but Tim Sheens does.Offers nothing,submits in every tackle,should not be playing NRL.:x

cutie... offers nothing by himself ..99% of his "good play " is set up by Lockyer, Thurston or some other playmaker... He is a good solid fullback but no where near the best in Australia.

I have stated before that when locky retires or is injured Hunt will be shown up as a pretender as he offers very very little in the playmaking department ... No short or long kicking game ,no bombs , no chip kicks.
Tell me the last time he broke the line & set up a try ,or the last time he created something out of nothing to spark his team.

Mr Saab

Referee
dazza62 said:
Tell me the last time he broke the line & set up a try ,or the last time he created something out of nothing to spark his team.

How about 2 weeks ago for the match winning try for Gasnier??
As for the rest of your dribble....well....you almost ended the drought with what came from your keyboard.
When Hunt was in the team the Broncos were something like 13-3.
I guess you will tell me Matt "What the f**k did you just say" Bowen was robbed of his spot for Australia

Mr Saab said:
How about 2 weeks ago for the match winning try for Gasnier??

He threw a pass from a backline movement ( which i think locky was involved in twice) which led to the try.
If you go back & read my post i asked.. When has he broken the line to set up a try , or created something out of nothing BY HIMSELF (I could name 8-10 fullbacks in the comp who can do that )

Now is that too hard to understand?

Mr Saab

Referee
dazza62 said:
He threw a pass from a backline movement ( which i think locky was involved in twice) which led to the try.
If you go back & read my post i asked.. When has he broken the line to set up a try , or created something out of nothing BY HIMSELF (I could name 8-10 fullbacks in the comp who can do that )

Are you upset because Hunt took over from Bowen in game 2 of origin or something?
Hunt does many things on the park that go unnoticed by the ignorant.
Just because he doesnt perform chip and chases doesnt mean he isnt worth his salt on the park.
As i said, without Hunt the Broncos were very poor...when he was playing they were 13-3.
Last time i checked he was the Australian fullback and was put there by the likes of Fulton and Stuart.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
madunit said:
David Simmons

I knew if I hung around long enough you'd get something right.

This clown Simmons is THE most over rated bum in the history of Rugby League.

Actually my Sharks have a few contenders. Kimmorley & Kingston come to mind.

Well gee, that'd be 9,7 and 1 out of the 4 most important possies where we have hacks. No wonder we struggle.

As for Alan Tongue - he's simply UNrated.

Bucket

Bench
Dean Young is an absolute workhorse, does sooo much in dfence and is generally good in attack, i agree though he is better suited to lock than hooker. As for Greenshields, this bloke may not be fast for a fullback but f**k he has no nonsense when he runs, doesn't worry about self preservation and if you thought he lacked something in defence, the hit he put on carl webb in '05 blows that out of the water, great player...

Bman26

Juniors
he's a solid fullback dont get me wrong but he will never be up to SOO standards as i read in another thread.

Herbie

Juniors
Misty Bee...............Inglis still has a bit of room to improve in defence. He will only get better. Definitily not an overrated player though. Mason and Sonny Bill are the only forwards beside Asotasi that have a decent offload. Sonny Bill had a few positional changes during season '06' which i believe affected his game.

caylo

Bench
Meh what ever SBW, Inlgus can do... Tahu can do better... lol :D
thats in tongue and cheek... :D
i though inglus was over-rated, and then i saw him play.
over-rated... imo cam smith, isnt as good as his made out to be, has a great kicking game, great vision and is genrally a realy good player... just will never be as good as bedsy, like most people rate him. (waiting for a mouth full from all melbourn supporters)

Herbie

Juniors
dazza62 said:

I agree with you Dazza.............

Luke Patten from the Bulldogs is a consistent player that never gets a mention.

Hunt is highly overrated.

skeepe

Immortal
Mal Meninga said:
David Howell - For someone... anyone in this entire world to rate this hack, allows me to call him over-rated! He's about to enter his fourth season as a first grader...

David Howell is turning into a very good player. Possible Origin bolter.

Latest posts