What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most over-rated player in the NRL??

Ron Jeremy

Coach
greeneyed said:
He was the top tryscoring forward in 2006. But offers nothing in attack. :lol:

Yeah:? he has good support play, that doesn't mean he is an attackign weapon, just look at there last game lol

Ron Jeremy

Coach
skeepe said:
Can't believe I missed the moustachioed one's post!

Clearly Ron Jeremy did not watch a single Raiders game all last season. Now I may be a little over the top with my praise for Tongue, but that's because he was close to being the best "little" forward in the game this season. He was the top attacking forward, and the amount of times he saved the Raiders' bacon I cannot count.

He is little and he's a flopper, how many years has Tongue been number 1 tackler in the league?, how many times has Hindmarsh been up there?, how many metres per game does Tongue get?-compare to Hindmarsh........and how many times has Hindmarsh saved a try at club, SOO and international level?

He scored alot of tries because of his support play. Just beacause he scored a few tries doen't make him a star, look at Matt Petersen, Mark Bell etc lol

Last but not least, all the top selectors see what i see, that Tongue is over-rated and not even worthy of being in the company of represenitives.

He eminds me alot of Peter Mchail, alot of tackles, 3 metres per hit-up lol

Ron Jeremy

Coach
How long has Tongue been around for?, and he finally produces a half decent year and Raiders fans are screaming for a stature of him lol

I apologise to the other forum members for putting up with blatant biased posters.

Raider_69

Post Whore
alan tongue is, put simply, a god
for a bloke who offers nothing in attack he raked up his fair share of line breaks, and tries

you people are all better people for having known the name of alan tongue, worship him as you should, you misrable dogs!

Hutty1986

Immortal
Dazzat said:
Matt Cooper is massively overrated by NSW commentators. The guy can't step and just runs straight lines with no evasion skills whatsoever ... particularly if you compare him to Justin Hodges he's got nothing.

Willie Mason ... goes missing when the going gets tough, which is pretty much all the time in the NRL.

Gotta agree with Jason Ryles who Phil Gould once said was the best prop in the world when Shane Webke, Steve Price and Luke Bailey were playing ... what a knob.

For sheer overdosing on media hype vs ability, there is no comparision to Andrew Johns.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you on here purely for pathetic pitiful comedic value?
He's just as elusive and fast as Hodges and is even better in defence

Overrated by NSW commentators? *wank wank* You clearly have no idea whatsoever

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Raider_69 said:
alan tongue is, put simply, a god
for a bloke who offers nothing in attack he raked up his fair share of line breaks, and tries

you people are all better people for having known the name of alan tongue, worship him as you should, you misrable dogs!

Stats.

He runs the ball up and gets smashed everytime.

Yeah he goes well for his size, fair enough, i can see your point of view, but saying he's better then Hindmarsh or should be SOO is just laughable.

OVP

Coach
Cockadoodledoo said:
On these boards, quite recently in fact by a number of your fellow Eels fans.

I think its pretty obvious tho mate, that they are just trying to desperately deny the undeniable truth about their purchase :lol: I feel sorry for Parra fans ... Just wait until he kicks another match-losing drop-goal attempt over the cornerpost :)

Mal Meninga

Bench
David Howell - For someone... anyone in this entire world to rate this hack, allows me to call him over-rated! He's about to enter his fourth season as a first grader...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ron Jeremy said:
Stats.

He runs the ball up and gets smashed everytime.

Yeah he goes well for his size, fair enough, i can see your point of view, but saying he's better then Hindmarsh or should be SOO is just laughable.

i believe only one person has said he is better then Hindmarsh, so dont lump us all in one group

and on form he should have played origin ahead of Gallen. BTW Alan Tongue's metres with hit ups are always quality because of the situation, he is the bloke he takes it up 4-5 out from our own line, while the other boys are still getting back on side. And i think you'll find he averages about 7 metres per hit up, which for a bloke of his size and as i explained before the situations he takes hit ups in is top shelf.

Ill say again, you people are all the better for knowing the name of Alan Tongue :cool:, would not trade him for ANY forward in the comp

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
i believe only one person has said he is better then Hindmarsh, so dont lump us all in one group

and on form he should have played origin ahead of Gallen. BTW Alan Tongue's metres with hit ups are always quality because of the situation, he is the bloke he takes it up 4-5 out from our own line, while the other boys are still getting back on side. And i think you'll find he averages about 7 metres per hit up, which for a bloke of his size and as i explained before the situations he takes hit ups in is top shelf.

Ill say again, you people are all the better for knowing the name of Alan Tongue :cool:, would not trade him for ANY forward in the comp

and i would not buy him for any forward, especially carroll in my team. ;-) ;-)

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Cooper IS overrated

Hodges, Gasnier etc are *potentially* brilliant players. You can have your own opinions about how consistent or inconsistent they are....but they are brilliant players

Cooper just does absolutely nothing for me. He is a solid player, he scores tries when he has a clear run to the line. As a Kiwi, I expect centres in Aussie teams and NSW teams to offer more.

Special K

Coach
Raider_69 said:
and on form he should have played origin ahead of Gallen.
:lol: gentleman please. Gallen was on fire, he dominated city/country from the bench and was killing it in the nrl. Look where he ended up on the RLPA votes and votes for the dally m. Not bad for a bloke who had his team lose the last ten games...

Gallen should of played all three games for NSW. Tongue isn't rep quality yet raiders fans truely believe he is. Tongue is one of the most over rated players in the comp.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Inglis definitely. He'll be wearing a name badge at functions in 2008.

SBW needs a mention too. Along with Mason, he's been lapping up the publicity and the backslaps for 2 years BECAUSE O'Meley, Ryan, Grimaldi and Asotasi have done all the bloody hard work!

Berrigan - the wasted Kangaroo jumper of the last 3 years.

Craig Gower - Kevin Hastings on mogadon.

Carl Webb. Absolutely brilliant for approximately 10 minutes every 3 months, and only on a TV game.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Darren Lockyer

So Pavlov's theory about teaching dumb animals once again rings true. Chucky has finally got it - ironically in a season where Heather has actually done some good (even if it was only filling in for first reciever for NSW in the last Origin minute, kicking a field goal that anyone bar a a Roosters PL half could kick, and delivering a neat pass to Greg "isn't Macksville in Queensland" Inglis.)

Now, stage 2 of Saabie's training begins. Repeat after me, Charles. Wally is a wanker.....

Eelementary

Post Whore
OVP said:
I think its pretty obvious tho mate, that they are just trying to desperately deny the undeniable truth about their purchase :lol: I feel sorry for Parra fans ... Just wait until he kicks another match-losing drop-goal attempt over the cornerpost :)

We're used to missing field goals...Tim Smith cost us the match against Manly at the SCG earlier this year with two piss-poor attempts at field goals.

As for Finch...We'll all have to wait and see how he goes.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Thierry Henry said:
Cooper IS overrated

Hodges, Gasnier etc are *potentially* brilliant players. You can have your own opinions about how consistent or inconsistent they are....but they are brilliant players

Cooper just does absolutely nothing for me. He is a solid player, he scores tries when he has a clear run to the line. As a Kiwi, I expect centres in Aussie teams and NSW teams to offer more.

He's not overrated at all.. he scored an 80m try vs the warriors last year if im not mistaken.. thats not bad for someone who "only scores tries when he has a clear run to the line"

By his standards he had a relatively quiet 2006 but was still one of the best centres in the comp in defence

Latest posts