What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most overrated horse ever?

Sorry.Shouldve said Group Race.
Makes a case for a 3200m maiden.

Then again:
Didnt Bong Bong use to run a 3200m maiden?
Is Bong Bong still on?

Bong Bong does still happen, but it's now by invitation only. I used to love Bong Bong, second only to Derby Day on the horse racing calender. :lol:

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Sunline up to a mile yes but dont forget MD owns the record for 2000m. As for WFA record Sunline was a early bloomer who was always going to race in those races from an early age while MD was a late developer, having been born in NH time, who was taken along very slowly and allowed to blossom in handicaps.Your argument that Sunline would have lengths on her is banal as you could make the same argument for all distances over 2000m for MD.Im not the biggest fan of MD but you have to rate her above Sunline on the back of her winning her 3rd cup carrying 58kg
You doged the question.

What did she beat at WFA that makes you put her above Sunline?

...I'm waiting.

Foz

Bench
Most overrated horse Oureone

I remember even betting on this horse when it was having it's 100th start. Biggest losing streak ever.

The world record, however, is held by Oureone , who ran 124 times in Australia between 1976 and 1983 without winning. 124 starts and could still run in a maiden.

Oureone ran 5th or 6th to Kingston Town one day.(may of been the day the King passed the million dollars in prizemoney).
Okay there were only 5 or 6 in it.:lol:

Noa

First Grade
You doged the question.

...I'm waiting.[/quote

No world beaters in her 2000m wins but who did Sunline beat in her Cox plate wins, Tie-the-knot & Sky heights in 00 and Diatribe in 01, all out & out stayers that Md would lick with a leg in the air.

Carrying 58kg :lol: with what she had won she should have carried at least 60kg in that last cup. And then they went and watered the track for her........ Sunline also won overseas, 2 HK miles races while MD got flogged in Japan. Sunline won 2 Cox plates and was unlucky in a 3rd. Not much between them but loved Sunlines racing style.

Yeah Mares carrying 58kg to win a Melbourne Cup is such a walk in the park, I mean look how many times its been done.

Foz

Bench
On that Sunline V Makybe Diva debate Under 2000m no question Sunline.
2400m and more Makybe Diva no question.
2040m at Moonee Valley(and they can wet the track for this one if they like)I'd vote Sunline.
Cant say either are over-rated except 4 of Makybe Diva's Group 1's were handicaps.Third Melbourne Cup no doubt the best of them.
Sunline's demolition job in the Cox Plate(the second one I think had some real good gallopers in it but they had no chance against her on that track that day).Makybe Diva would have been out the back with them and have absolutely no hope of beating her).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You doged the question.

...I'm waiting.[/quote

No world beaters in her 2000m wins but who did Sunline beat in her Cox plate wins, Tie-the-knot & Sky heights in 00 and Diatribe in 01, all out & out stayers that Md would lick with a leg in the air.

Yeah Mares carrying 58kg to win a Melbourne Cup is such a walk in the park, I mean look how many times its been done.
Mate with what she had won she should have at least 60kg's, she'd won 2 melbourne cups and a Sydney cup at the distance and she still only had 58kg's. The only reason she got weighted so well was Freedman and Santic threatened they wouldn't run her if she got to much. Well boo f**king hoo!!!! That's what handicap racing is all about.