What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Overrated Players to form a team

hebdog85

Juniors
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Luke Rooney
3. David Stagg
4. Luke Lewis
5. Eric Grothe Jnr
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Joel Clinton
9. Luke Priddis
10. Jason Ryles
11. Dane Carlaw
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Craig Fitzgibbon

14. Craig Wing
15. Brett Finch
16. Shaun Timmins
17. Carl Webb

Coach: Michael Hagan

Stagger eel

Staff member
probably accurate except for the fullback...in form he is best in the comp and deserves every accolade he gets.

mxlegend99

Referee
Priddis and Clinton overrated? Minichello? Grothe Jr? You don't watch much Rugby League do you?

miccle

Bench
1. Anthony Minichiello - HELL NO. He's awesome.
2. Luke Rooney - Yeah fair enough.
3. David Stagg - Don't understand - he isn't rated that highly. Solid defensive first grader, but sheesh he's hardly rated.
4. Luke Lewis - Fair enough, has talent but has done SFA for the past eighteen months.
5. Eric Grothe Jnr - NO WAY. One of the better wingers in the comp.
6. Braith Anasta - Agreed.
7. Brett Kimmorley - Agreed.
8. Joel Clinton - Again, I don't think he's THAT highly rated is he? Solid first grade prop.
9. Luke Priddis - Disagreed - he's awesome. Deserves to be mentioned in the top three hookers in the comp.
10. Jason Ryles - Agreed.
11. Dane Carlaw - Agreed, though he hasn't been really rated for about three years.
12. Anthony Watmough - Agreed on 2006 form.
13. Craig Fitzgibbon - TOTALLY AGREE. Flopsgibbon was raved about for so long, but he has always been nothing more than a big bloke who can kick a goal and was GREAT at being the third man in when it comes to defense.

14. Craig Wing - ON 06 form, agreed.
15. Brett Finch - Agreed.
16. Shaun Timmins - Agreed
17. Carl Webb - Agreed

Coach: Michael Hagan - Agreed.

hebdog85

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Priddis and Clinton overrated? Minichello? Grothe Jr? You don't watch much Rugby League do you?

I watch plenty of league mate. In fact rarely miss a game.
Priddis and Clinton are definately overrated! Especially Clinton.

hebdog85

Juniors
miccle said:
3. David Stagg - Don't understand - he isn't rated that highly. Solid defensive first grader, but sheesh he's hardly rated.
8. Joel Clinton - Again, I don't think he's THAT highly rated is he? Solid first

David Stagg made the Queensland State of Origin side this year, so he must be rated to some extent.
Also Clinton played rep footy not that long ago, and ever since has done SFA!

mxlegend99

Referee
hebdog85 said:
I watch plenty of league mate. In fact rarely miss a game.
Priddis and Clinton are definately overrated! Especially Clinton.
Obviously you don't. As Clinton and Priddis aren't really rated highly to be overrated. And both are awesome players.
Mini overrated? HAHAHA. He's only dropped off the Radar due to not playing since Round 6. If he had, he'd walk into the Aussie Jumper easily.
Grothe Jr? You must've missed Origin.
Priddis? Never seen a Panthers game obviously, he's easily one of the best on the field every time. Of both teams.
Clinton? Can have a quiet game now and then, but he also has plenty of big games. And isn't rated to be overrated.
You obviously don't watch much league, nor understand the meaning of overrated. A solid player with very little recognition CANNOT be overrated.

JJ

Immortal
Clinton's not rated highly by those that count (selectors) - I think you've been unfair on him, and Priddis...

Here's my go:
1. Billy Slater
2. Luke Covell (at least by a few morons in here)
3. Nigel Vagana - looks past his use-by date IMO
4. Clinton Toopi (I know he's gone, but he was seriously overrated)
5. Luke Rooney
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brett Finch
8. Ruben Wiki (see comments on Vagana)
9. Shaun Berrigan (seems to me he makes a short-lived impact wherever he plays)
10. Jason Ryles
11. Carl Webb
12. Luke O'Donnell (just don't see it here)
13. Allan Tongue (see comments on Luke Covell)

14. Tom LL (see comments on Covell and Tongue)
15. Craig Wing
16. Ashley Harrison (seems Broncos were right to let him go)
17. any of Johns, Lockyer, Inglis, Hindmarsh, Mason etc - nobody deserves the accolades they get

Coach - Hagan
Asst Coach - Taylor

:sarcasm:

mxlegend99

Referee
hebdog85 said:
David Stagg made the Queensland State of Origin side this year, so he must be rated to some extent.
Also Clinton played rep footy not that long ago, and ever since has done SFA!
Joel Clinton Rep Honours:
1 Test 2004; Kangaroo Tour 2003; City Origin 2003, 2005

Uhhh yeah. A City vs Country game over a year ago. :crazy:

hebdog85

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Joel Clinton Rep Honours:
1 Test 2004; Kangaroo Tour 2003; City Origin 2003, 2005

Uhhh yeah. A City vs Country game over a year ago. :crazy:

hahaha he still played rep... face it... he is crap!

mxlegend99

Referee
JJ said:
Clinton's not rated highly by those that count (selectors) - I think you've been unfair on him, and Priddis...

Here's my go:
1. Billy Slater
2. Luke Covell (at least by a few morons in here)
3. Nigel Vagana - looks past his use-by date IMO
4. Clinton Toopi (I know he's gone, but he was seriously overrated)
5. Luke Rooney
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brett Finch
8. Ruben Wiki (see comments on Vagana)
9. Shaun Berrigan (seems to me he makes a short-lived impact wherever he plays)
10. Jason Ryles
11. Carl Webb
12. Luke O'Donnell (just don't see it here)
13. Allan Tongue (see comments on Luke Covell)

14. Tom LL (see comments on Covell and Tongue)
15. Craig Wing
16. Ashley Harrison (seems Broncos were right to let him go)
17. any of Johns, Lockyer, Inglis, Hindmarsh, Mason etc - nobody deserves the accolades they get

Coach - Hagan
Asst Coach - Taylor

Much more realistic list. Although i'd have Kimmorley over Wing. Wing isn't really overrated as such. He has had a bad year with a bad team... that moves him around a lot. Not his fault as such.

mxlegend99

Referee
CliffyIsGod said:
Clinton is so over-rated. Wake up to yourself, mx.
Uhhh yeah. That's why he's usually gains more then 100+metres a game and makes 20 to 30 tackles a game.

He's a solid player that is hardly rated at all. How the f*ck can he be overrated? A City vs Country match is hardly rating a player. :crazy:

hebdog85

Juniors
JJ said:

Here's my go:
1. Billy Slater - TOTALLY DISAGREE
2. Luke Covell - Not that highly rated, so DISAGREE
3. Nigel Vagana - AGREE
4. Clinton Toopi (I know he's gone, but he was seriously overrated) - DISAGREE, was one of NZ's best for many years
5. Luke Rooney - AGREE
6. Braith Anasta - AGREE
7. Brett Finch - AGREE, but what about Noddy?
8. Ruben Wiki - DISAGREE, was also one of NZ's best.
9. Shaun Berrigan - DISAGREE, always gives 100% and is a competent big game player
10. Jason Ryles - AGREE
11. Carl Webb - AGREE
12. Luke O'Donnell - DISAGREE
13. Allan Tongue - DISAGREE, Tongue is very underated, and is one of the most talented forwards in the comp

14. Tom LL - DISAGREE, not highly rated at all
15. Craig Wing - AGREE
16. Ashley Harrison (seems Broncos were right to let him go) - AGREE
17. any of Johns, Lockyer, Inglis, Hindmarsh, Mason etc - nobody deserves the accolades they get - DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach - Hagan - STRONG AGREE, CYA HAGAN!
Asst Coach - Taylor - AGREE

Billy Slater is definately not overrated. He is one of the most talented backs in the NRL. Has had an injury hampered year. Do you forget 2005?

U seriously dont believe that Johns, Lockyer, Hindmarsh, Mason and Inglis do not deserve the accolades they get? They are all brilliant players who excel in the positions that they play.
Have a look at the career of Andrew Johns. He has done everything a rugby league player could ever hope to do! Will go down in history as one of the all time greats.
Lockyer is in the same mould. He is a brilliant player and definately one of the best in our game. Deserves all the accolades he gets.

mxlegend99

Referee
CliffyIsGod said:
Jason King isn't rated. Clinton is obviously much more over-rated.
How so? He gets barely any recognition and is a solid prop.
He isn't receiving praise for below average performances, nor playing Origin and Australia game with them either.
How the f*ck is he overrated? He wasn't even picked for the Train-On squad.

mxlegend99

Referee
hebdog85 said:
Billy Slater is definately not overrated. He is one of the most talented backs in the NRL. Has had an injury hampered year. Do you forget 2005?

U seriously dont believe that Johns, Lockyer, Hindmarsh, Mason and Inglis do not deserve the accolades they get? They are all brilliant players who excel in the positions that they play.
Have a look at the career of Andrew Johns. He has done everything a rugby league player could ever hope to do! Will go down in history as one of the all time greats.
Lockyer is in the same mould. He is a brilliant player and definately one of the best in our game. Deserves all the accolades he gets.
Injuries? Slater has been suspended all year.

Bowen is the most overrated fullback. But only because he has been out of form. He is a great fullback when switched on.

And you clearly don't understand what overrated means. Joey, Lockyer etc. get overrated all the time. Yes they are great players, but it doesn't mean that people don't overrate them. You go and accuse guys who get little to no recognition at all as being overrated, then claim that guys who are claimed as being the best beings to walk the earth, and that every touch of the footy is just miraculous as not being overrated.

Joey and Lockyer are the 2 best players in the game atm. Doesn't change the fact that they still get overrated.