What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Overrated Players to form a team

skeepe

Immortal
Naiqama is a bloody good player. Back in 2004 I said he'd be something special, and even Dragons fans rubbished me. Looks like I was right all along.

Back to the thread at hand:

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Luke Lewis
3. Matt Gidley
4. Timana Tahu
5. Chris Hicks
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brett Finch
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Jason Ryles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Dane Carlaw
13. Trent Waterhouse

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tonie Carroll
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Jarred Mullen

skeepe said:
Naiqama is a bloody good player. Back in 2004 I said he'd be something special, and even Dragons fans rubbished me. Looks like I was right all along.

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Luke Lewis
3. Matt Gidley
4. Timana Tahu
5. Chris Hicks
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brett Finch
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Jason Ryles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Dane Carlaw
13. Trent Waterhouse

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tonie Carroll
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Jarred Mullen
Buderus and Mullen..you idiot..reegan tanner.now thats overrated.wouldnt get a start in the local newcastle league at most clubs

Bazal

Post Whore
1-Billy Slater...sure he's fast, but he's A) a grub, and B) about one poofteenth as good as the commentators make him out to be
2-Luke Lewis...What has he ever done? I mean really? He represented badly, he plays badly, he's just bad.
3-Matt Gidley...Turnstile. And I swear the next time I hear "Gidley flick-pass" I'm going to throttle somebody
4-Ryan Cross...Every year someone says "Ryan Cross should play rep football". Every year I say "no he really shouldn't!" Can score a few tries, but otherwise he's useless.
5-Luke Rooney...Same as Luke Lewis. Aren't they the same player?
6-Braith Anasta...Self explanatory really. Bulldogs are laughing so hard right now.
7-Andrew Johns...Was good, is still good. But the way everyone creams themselves over the guy you'd think he was god's gift to football. He isn't.
8-Josh Perry...Fat, overweight, and powderpuff are all words that spring to mind regarding Josh Perry
9-Danny Buderus...As for Andrew Johns. Is NOT the best hooker in the game, he may, however, be the best whinger...
10-Jason Ryles...For someone so big, he sure plays like an effeminate twelve year old choir boy.
11-Trent Waterhouse...Has never really done anything, yet represented his country. I still ask why...
12-Craig Fitzgibbon...No more than a tackling machine. Makes about 3 metres a game.
13-Alan Tongue...Solid player. But to suggest him for rep honours? LMFAO!

14-John Morris...Good luck with him Wests...He may just win you a spoon. Is not a playmakers arse.
15-Brent Kite...Hands like feet, soft.
16-Paul Gallen...Hands like feet, dirty dirty player.
17-Kurt Gidley...A utility...yet not good enough to play in any position for long.

That said, all these blokes do better than anyone on this board ever would. Yes BBSF, that especially includes you....

mxlegend99

Referee
skeepe said:

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Luke Lewis
3. Matt Gidley
4. Timana Tahu
5. Chris Hicks
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brett Finch
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Jason Ryles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Dane Carlaw
13. Trent Waterhouse

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tonie Carroll
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Jarred Mullen
How the hell is Wesser overrated? 19 tries this year. His team didn't make the top 8. He is now Panthers highest try scoring player EVER. In a shorter amount of time then Girdler and Brandy.

And Lewis? He's sh*t, but he's better then Rooney.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Take out Hindmarsh and Mullen from Skeepes team (hindy is in no way over-rated and Mullen is at this stage rated abit higher then his performances, but nothing major)

Throw in Brent Kite and John Morris to replace them and then i recon its an over-rated team

1 Bowen (Softest player in the NRL)
2 Hayne (Good finisher, scored some good tries, but fair dinkum, talk about a media wankfest)
3 Lewis (Used to be good, but has got nothing now)
4 Tahu (Killer winger, average center)
5 Rooney (Similiar to Lewis)
6 Anasta (no explanation needed)
7 Kimmorley (Good player in form, but spends too much time out of form, intercept count is a 4 figured number now)

8 Clinton (has his moments but is pretty poor in all)
9 Riddell (nothing compared to what he used to be)
10 King (no comment)
11 Wagon (Got nothing)
12 Morrison (Filthy cat, scumbag, sook, and nothing more)
13 Harrison (left the bunnies set for big things, but did nothing all year)

14 Woolford (similiar to Morrison)
15 Carlaw (Similiar to Rooney and Lewis)
16 Waterhouse (Has he done anything in the past 2 years, haven't heard a word about him)
17 Brent Kite (Good player, but to class him with the likes of Bailey and Civo as a top level prop is ridiculous)

coach-Ricky Stuart

a few Dragons players would of made it, but some good form of late sees them live up to their reputation

Charlie124

First Grade
Obviously im going to be a little bias because im a Cowboys fan but i dont see how people can say Carl Webb is overrated, i love the guy but is he really rated that highly by anyone? i watch every Cowboys game (obviously) and ive never heard the commentators raving on about him being one of the games greats, ive never heard the words "oh! Carl Webb, he's the best forward in the game", he isnt even considered the best forward at the Cowboys, the most ive heard is them talking about big hits or his aggression, but thats just how he plays, hardly overrating.

As for Bowen (yes im going to stick up for my teams players) someone mentioned that he is overrated but only when out of form....WTF does that mean? He hasnt been rated at all this year, and probably deservedly so, he had a shocking year and was hardly mentioned at all. My understanding of the term is that you are a sh*t player but everyone still thinks youre awesome.

dowdz

Juniors
skeepe said:

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Luke Lewis
3. Matt Gidley
4. Timana Tahu
5. Chris Hicks
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brett Finch
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Jason Ryles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Dane Carlaw
13. Trent Waterhouse

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tonie Carroll
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Jarred Mullen

Not sure how Chris Hicks is over rated. No one even talks about him

Sir Biffo

Bench
1. Rhys Wesser - watch him flounder at origin level
2. Luke Lewis - "hey do you know who i was" ... best days well behind him
3. Matt Gidley - see Luke Lewis
4. Ryan Cross - thinks he is an absolute superstar. I find it funny at origin time when he acts like he's been robbed for not getting a start!
5. Bryan Carney - he's good, but the amount of wraps he gets for doing run of the mill stuff is extraordinary!
6. Braith Anasta - because his name is Braith Anasta
7. Brett Kimmorley - hack.
8. Josh Perry - mostly over-rated by himself
9. Shaun Berrigan - I know he's only played hooker for a while ... but he doesn't offer that much there in my opinion
10. Brent Kite - nuffy
11. Nathan Hindmarsh - like Carney, gets huge wraps for doing nothing at all. 45 of his 50 tackles he is normally 2nd or 3rd man in
12. Craig Fitzgibbon - same as Hindmarsh, always 3rd man in a tackle. His best days were long ago when he was actually effective in attack.
13. Trent Waterhouse - how does this bloke keep getting in rep train on squads! He offers nothing!

14. Craig Wing - just go to yawnion you clown
15. Glen Morrison - like Cross, thinks he is clearly the best player in the world and can't understand why the selectors dont pick him
16. Anthony Watmough - nuffy
17. Brett Finch - need I say more?

JJ

Immortal
Sir Biffo said:
11. Nathan Hindmarsh - like Carney, gets huge wraps for doing nothing at all. 45 of his 50 tackles he is normally 2nd or 3rd man in

while I think that's laughable - it begs the question, why isn't Tongue and his 'record' in your team?

No Dragons? Ryles is the king of over-rated players

Notell

Juniors
For the last couple of months no-one has rated Finch or ANasta at all. They fall into the category of most overpaid now.
Watmough is the most overrated player of all. Even though he has not had the individual wraps this year (it would have been a lie if there were any), Manly's backrow was still spoken of as one of the best in the competition.