What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Overrated Players to form a team

mxlegend99

Referee
CliffyIsGod said:
You are over-rating him for one.
No i'm not. I'm saying he's not overrated. :crazy:

I'm not claiming him to be better then any one else.

The level of comprehension here concerns me. People accusing others of overrating someone by saying they aren't overrated... and people thinking that guys who get barely any props at all are overrated.

:crazy:

hebdog85

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Injuries? Slater has been suspended all year.

Bowen is the most overrated fullback. But only because he has been out of form. He is a great fullback when switched on.

And you clearly don't understand what overrated means. Joey, Lockyer etc. get overrated all the time. Yes they are great players, but it doesn't mean that people don't overrate them. You go and accuse guys who get little to no recognition at all as being overrated, then claim that guys who are claimed as being the best beings to walk the earth, and that every touch of the footy is just miraculous as not being overrated.

Joey and Lockyer are the 2 best players in the game atm. Doesn't change the fact that they still get overrated.

They are not overrated because they perform week in, week out.
They get talked up because they are brilliant, and that is apparent every week they lace up the boots. They get the accolades they deserve, hence they are not overrated.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
mxlegend99 said:
No i'm not. I'm saying he's not overrated. :crazy:

I'm not claiming him to be better then any one else.

The level of comprehension here concerns me. People accusing others of overrating someone by saying they aren't overrated... and people thinking that guys who get barely any props at all are overrated.

:crazy:

Clinton is a standard prop, yet he has played for Australia. This means he is over-rated. He isn't very good, yet he got the highest accolade that a player can get. Over-rated.

Stagger eel

Staff member
CliffyIsGod said:
Clinton is a standard prop, yet he has played for Australia. This means he is over-rated. He isn't very good, yet he got the highest accolade that a player can get. Over-rated.

well King played for City, which is still about 4 levels higher than what should of been..in fact he's rightful place is probably the Narrabeen Sharks bench in the A grade.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
eelavation said:
well King played for City, which is still about 4 levels higher than what should of been..in fact he's rightful place is probably the Narrabeen Sharks bench in the A grade.

Harbord Under 12's, eela.

JJ

Immortal
hebdog85 said:
U seriously dont believe that Johns, Lockyer, Hindmarsh, Mason and Inglis do not deserve the accolades they get? They are all brilliant players who excel in the positions that they play.
Have a look at the career of Andrew Johns. He has done everything a rugby league player could ever hope to do! Will go down in history as one of the all time greats.
Lockyer is in the same mould. He is a brilliant player and definately one of the best in our game. Deserves all the accolades he gets.

They are all brilliant - and Johns with Lewis is the best I've seen

But if you watch Ch 9, or read the papers you'd think that Johns was the 2nd coming of Christ, and the rest of them can walk on water - that was my take on that- not a criticism of the players, more the sychophantic coverage they get

As for Slater, he hasn't been injured that I was aware of, rather suspended. He's exciting to watch and brilliant at times, but there are IMO a few better fullbacks in the NRL (e.g., Hunt, Schif, Mini, Inglis, Wesser, Webb, Hodges...)

Special K

Coach
Joel Clinton is overrated for sure! He is a run of the mill prop but he carries on like a twit. He also needs a hair cut. He is nothing special, yet panthers fans as this thread shows rate him like crazy.

Inferno

Coach
How can people miss karmichael Hunt as the most overated fullback?

Vagana isn't overated either, its just hard to shine in a sh*t team that nas no use for centres.

mxlegend99

Referee
Special K said:
Joel Clinton is overrated for sure! He is a run of the mill prop but he carries on like a twit. He also needs a hair cut. He is nothing special, yet panthers fans as this thread shows rate him like crazy.
Claiming his isn't overrated is not overrating him.

He didn't even get selected for the Train-On squad.... so claiming he is overrated is a bit of a stretch. His last rep games were for City vs Country.

Seriously. How can someone not rated at all, nor getting Origin/Australia games be overrated? If you're going to use fans as a basis for players being overrated. Then you should be looking at the Raiders.

I've seen bugger all props to Clinton on this site... or anywhere else. Except when he made that tackle on Ty Williams taking him into touch.

JJ

Immortal
wasn't so long ago Willie Mason would have featured highly in these discussions...

flash

Juniors
i think Clinton along with a lot of penrith players were overrated in 2003 because Penrith won the comp. The guy hasnt played origin, or even close to test football since. No-one rates him now.

Unless you are getting confused with Trent Waterhouse, who i think is the most Overrated Panther for the last few years.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
I'm not coming up with a team but Brian Carney has to be the most over rated player in rugby league, Glenn Morrison not far behind.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
I knew Clinton was crap when he said he was going to smash Manly's forward pack, but made about 20 metres and was hammered all day by nuffies like Jason King.