What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Overrated Players to form a team

1. Brett Stewart - can't catch, pass or tackle but apart from that has all the attributes of a class fullback
2. D Fitzhenry (coach sheens obviously rates him)
3. Ben Smith (whata rap - the new Graeme Bradley)
4. Matt Cooper
5. Hazem El Masri - if he couldn't kick he wouldn't be there end of
6. Bwaif
7. Timmmeh Smifff - how sh*t is he
13. Ben merkinedy - any lock who runs at wingers is a cat
12. Ben Creagh
11. Craig sh*tsgibbon - 50 tackles a game - 35 of em flops, 13 as 4th manin, 1 as 3rd man in .. one 1 on 1 tackle in his carerr
10. Brent Kite a tanned steve edmed with hands like feet
9. Mark Riddell - fat sh*t
8. Ryan O'Hara (he played origin - for NSW)

14. Billy Slater - cat and see brett stewart
15. Steve Menzies - see merkinedy
16.Glenn Morrison - cat
17. Michael Weyman - fat injury prone and looks 427 yrs old

Nutzcraw

Juniors
Chris Hicks in the "Over Rated" team hahahaa .. you idiot skeepe

Anyways...

01. Billy Slater
02. Tame Tupou
03. Ryan Cross
04. Adam MacDougall
05. Luke Rooney
06. Braith Anasta
07. Brett Kimmorley
08. Jason King
09. Brett Finch
10. Jason Ryles
11. Daniel Wagon
12. Dane Carlaw
13. Trent Waterhouse

Big Mick

Referee
1. David Simmons
2. Luke Rooney
3. Mark Gasnier (Sure he is good...maybe even above good, but he aint as good as they say he is. He will be found out next year in defence big time. Sure i'd take him in my team in a heartbeat but i'd take Cooper, Inglis, Webster, Lyon, Whaitura, Hodges and Tate before him)
4. Phil Bailey
5. Matt King
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Jason King
9. Brett Finch
10. Joel Clinton (Seriously...MX...i respect ya mate, but dude if Clinton isn't the most over-rated player in our team I give up. He talks so much sh*t and very rarely backs it up. I'm of the opinion for two years in a row we've let the wrong prop go to Cronulla)
11. Daniel Wagon
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Glenn Morrison (Perhaps one of the mentally challenged players in the game that always gives away a penalty when his team least needs it)

14. Brent Kite
15. Jason Ryles (but going on the last month, this is very tentative
16. Dane Carlaw
17. Kirk Reynoldson

Front-Rower

First Grade
mattyg said:
I don't think so. From premiers with Benji Marshall to 11th without him.

Thats funny coming from a Bulldogs fan after the year you guys had in 2005, almost an exact replica of the Tigers defence this year, key injuries to to many key players...I don't think Benji carried them all by himself, although he did go mighty close.

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
hebdog85 said:
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Luke Rooney
3. David Stagg
4. Luke Lewis
5. Eric Grothe Jnr
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Joel Clinton
9. Luke Priddis
10. Jason Ryles
11. Dane Carlaw
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Craig Fitzgibbon

14. Craig Wing
15. Brett Finch
16. Shaun Timmins
17. Carl Webb

Coach: Michael Hagan

Its obvious you have over rated yourself, havent you got anything better to do then bag players, turn it up mate.

The Teach

Juniors
Sir Biffo said:
1. Rhys Wesser - watch him flounder at origin level
2. Luke Lewis - "hey do you know who i was" ... best days well behind him
3. Matt Gidley - see Luke Lewis
4. Ryan Cross - thinks he is an absolute superstar. I find it funny at origin time when he acts like he's been robbed for not getting a start!
5. Bryan Carney - he's good, but the amount of wraps he gets for doing run of the mill stuff is extraordinary!
6. Braith Anasta - because his name is Braith Anasta
7. Brett Kimmorley - hack.
8. Josh Perry - mostly over-rated by himself
9. Shaun Berrigan - I know he's only played hooker for a while ... but he doesn't offer that much there in my opinion
10. Brent Kite - nuffy
11. Nathan Hindmarsh - like Carney, gets huge wraps for doing nothing at all. 45 of his 50 tackles he is normally 2nd or 3rd man in
12. Craig Fitzgibbon - same as Hindmarsh, always 3rd man in a tackle. His best days were long ago when he was actually effective in attack.
13. Trent Waterhouse - how does this bloke keep getting in rep train on squads! He offers nothing!

14. Craig Wing - just go to yawnion you clown
15. Glen Morrison - like Cross, thinks he is clearly the best player in the world and can't understand why the selectors dont pick him
16. Anthony Watmough - nuffy
17. Brett Finch - need I say more?

This proves you haven't watched a Penrith game ever. Rhys is consistently one of our best and doesn't perform at Origin because he has never been selected at fullback. Picking players in the wrong position has consistently proven to be a mistake. Other than that, take out Lewis and put Rooney in his place and i'd pretty much agree with you.

choc_soldier

Coach
Waterhouse is more over rated than Clinton - but they both definitely deserve this "dubious" honour.

Priddis over rated?! :lol: :roll:

He's the only one who you will always rely on to give 110% every week.

Dutchy

Immortal
I dont see how Jason King should be in the over rated team since everyone knows just how crap he is and dont rate him at all

mxlegend99

Referee
The Teach said:
This proves you haven't watched a Penrith game ever. Rhys is consistently one of our best and doesn't perform at Origin because he has never been selected at fullback. Picking players in the wrong position has consistently proven to be a mistake. Other than that, take out Lewis and put Rooney in his place and i'd pretty much agree with you.
Agreed 100%. Wesser is easily always one of our best. Rooney and Lewis are both crap, but Rooney more so. Lewis atleast has the excuse of being played int he centres when he is a winger. Rooney is just a winger WAY past his prime. Sad for how young he is.

Waterhouse i can understand being classed as overrated. He has done jack all and been selected for Rep games.

1. Matt Bowen (hopefully just a poor year)
2. Luke Rooney (i want him to get dropped/released from panthers)
3. Matt Gidley (best is behind him)
4. Timana Tahu (although better then our centres this year with ease)
5. Brian Carney (good winger... but he is talked up WAY too much)
6. Braith Anasta (duh!)
7. Brett Kimmorley (no coincidence that he has won f*ck all games with Dykes)
8. Jason Ryles (improving though)
9. Brett Finch (duh)
10. Jason King (softy)
11. Jane Carlaw (softy)
12. Craig Fitzgibbon (past use by date)
13. Trent Waterhouse (seriously... he's done sh*t all this year. Missed a quarter of the season and been quiet the rest)

14. Nate Myles (good player... but he's far from the $300k player Roosters think he is)
15. Billy Slater (shouldn't be starting fullback with Inglis in the team. Webster misses out and IMO Slater is too hot and cold)
16. Craig Wing (duh!)
17. Carl Webb (what happened to the angry mofo of recent years?)

D

Deleted member 10972

As a Roosters fan, i deadset agree with Nate Myles. Not worth the cash. But as for Fitzy & Cross...well Cross is a great player, cat yes, but a great strike centre who was unlucky to be behind so much other great centres. As for Fitzy, 2001-2004 he was the most consistent backrower in tackles AND METRES in the NRL. Now he is passed his use-by date, yes, but towards the end of the year he regained some old form, only failing to make 100m/30 tackles in 2 of his last 10 games or something along those lines. Best game was V Parra...even No.2_Luke Burt was giving old Fitzy wraps. He's not overrated, he's seen as one of the games warhorses.

1. Matt Bowen (has had a poor 2006, i cant think of any other fullback that is over-rated, or is even rated)
2. Luke Rooney
3. Kurt Gidley (being picked for tri-nations squad, is beyond a joke)
4. Josh Hannay (got picked for qld, after playing a couple of weeks of QLD cup, has never really been a great player)
5. Shannon Hegarty (Souths Signed Him, as if he was one of the best centres in the game, but has showed nothing while at souths, went from one of the best centre/wingers in the game, to one of the worst)
6. John Morris (not particulary this year, but the recent couple gone past, especially when playing for newcastle, everyone rated him as much they do as they do now with Jarrod Mullen, and when he went to Parra, he has really killed his career, only looks good with Tim Smiths Debut Year, and Jeremy Smiths Brilliant form for the Eels)
7. Johnathon Thurston (he went from PL bulldogs to NQL First Grade, and all of a sudden, everyone rated him as one of the best players in the NRL, for a short stint, shown he is a magician, but really has been flat for most of 2006)
8. Jason Ryles (only to the extent of, getting rep honours ahead of players which i think, that deserved it more)
9. Mark Riddell
10. Adam Woolnough (has tried his best this year, but i dont think he is good enough to play for australia, or even a australian A Team, YET anyway)
11. Luke O'Donnell (in my opinion, his permanent class, i think was temporary form in the WT Premiership year)
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Trent Waterhouse

lockyno1

Post Whore
Rabbitohs2005 said:
7. Johnathon Thurston (he went from PL bulldogs to NQL First Grade, and all of a sudden, everyone rated him as one of the best players in the NRL, for a short stint, shown he is a magician, but really has been flat for most of 2006)

Um..WTF! Thurston was leading the Dally M before he got injured and was a key ingredient to Qld's Orgin success. He could have won the Man of the Series easily. He was as good as Lockyer was! If anything Thurston is underrated. He can be a freak at times!

mattyg

Bench
Front-Rower said:
Thats funny coming from a Bulldogs fan after the year you guys had in 2005, almost an exact replica of the Tigers defence this year, key injuries to to many key players...I don't think Benji carried them all by himself, although he did go mighty close.

With Benji Marshall, Tigers are a totally different team. Stats back that up ;-)

lockyno1 said:
Um..WTF! Thurston was leading the Dally M before he got injured and was a key ingredient to Qld's Orgin success. He could have won the Man of the Series easily. He was as good as Lockyer was! If anything Thurston is underrated. He can be a freak at times!

im not denying he can be a freak, im just saying how inconsistent he is, when players not rated as highly, are more consistent, its only when JT is red-hot, is when he smokes players like Joe Williams, Todd Carney and Jeremy Smith etc

he has done SFA since origin though, and he only is good, when the cowboys are in form, i can think of other halfbacks, that play well, even when their team is out of form....

Believe it or not, Aaron Payne could be classed a better player than JT, payne has been consistently good for the cowboys in their bad 2006, JT was only good for the first half dozen rounds. then he has been out of form for the rest of 2006, when not injured

Payne has made a mark in this comp, and i rate him as one of the best hookers in the comp

JT form-wise doesnt even deserve his spot in the Prime Ministers Team, but his reputation has put him there

JT imo, has alot of tons of work to do, before he is classed a great player

Players: (That can still play decent for a losing team (cricket score wise))
Andrew Johns (best player in the world, hasnt really had a form slump in his life)
Joe Williams (is a very un-established player yet, but he tries his heart out in souths massacres this year, has actually been pretty good for us, in our losses he has featured in)
Craig Gower (maybe not in his career best form, but at least he is consistently good for the Panthers, he still played ok, in the Panthers Average Performances this year)

JT may be better than Gower, Williams and alot of other halfbacks in the comp, but really notice how in-experienced players like joey and todd carney are still consistent even while being flogged in the process

what JT does when the Cowboys are red-hot, is truly magic

but JTs Form relies on the Cowboys Form Too Much...

but his inconsistently really, i just think he isnt as good as what most people believe him to be, at least overall