What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Professional Player

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I'm gonna toss Tahu's name into the ring. I may be reading him completely wrong, but I get the impression that to him, footy is mostly a profession... hence, professional. He does his job and he does it well, without getting caught up in any crap.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Geez this is an ordinary topic
how on earth do you deffer from players through their professionalism? You could toss up 100 names and none of them would be any more wrong or right then the other...

Big Pete

Referee
Thats what I said earlier...seriously the only players that couldn't make the list would be Covell and Minto.

RABK

Referee
While i agree with Pig Pete and R69 i did always remember Laurie Daley to be very professional in everything he did.

Lockyer, Johns, Webcke and Fittler are players that could probally do very well outside of football in the business world.

Saint 60

Juniors
Lockyer just seems to have a professionalism about him --- like he never seems to play his own game, Like he tries to be a Consummate professional -

eh i know hes in the top 5 players playing at the momment, and i aint bagging him again lol

The Whippet

Juniors
What makes a professional player?

A player who makes very little errors, strong in defence, always puts in 100%, runs the ball up with intent and gets the job done.

The Tank

Bench
I've heard so many times that Paul Whatuira is a very professional player. Steve Price seems professional also.

Mr Saab

Referee
Shane Webcke...the way he plays on the field and talks off it is professional and full of class

Slappy

Juniors
Brett Hodgson. Always there, never goes missing!!
He is always trying hard and doesn't bludge on the field!!!

mcbulldog

Juniors
Steve Price and Shane Webcke. But especially Price for all the good things he did while the Bulldogs were in trouble

BD5733

Juniors
Presentation to the media.....Shane Webcke

Presentation of his playing style.....Luke Stuart

Presentation off the field.....Dean Widders

Bulldog Power

Juniors
braith anasta

despite my dislike for him now as a person
this year he was labeled most over rated but came out and played like one of the best players in the comp

Charlie Saab said:
Shane Webcke...the way he plays on the field and talks off it is professional and full of class

Without a doubt, Webcke by the length of the straight. As much as a dragon loves to hate a bronco, he's the man here.

I can only think of Steve Price as any sort of competition.