What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most underrated Dragon.

watatank

Coach
I think Brett Morris and Beau Scott are very underrated. Brett has gone under the radar somewhat, with his brother getting all the attention this year and the arrival of Dell. I don't think Scott is rated by many here but he is actually a very strong runner who runs great lines, hits hard in defence and always asks questions when it comes to the ruck. His hands and the penalties given away is heavily overstated IMO.

Last edited:
The guy had a club on there knee's bowing at him in his first year.

He was placed in positions where he wasn't big enough to play, he was put in a spot that he wasn't too great at..

Chase Stanley has not had a opportunity to show us what he can do due to bad coaching..

He was put into too high a status in his first year, he was over-rated quiet alot. After having a very up and down following season is he still a great player to be but has been hidden by everything else that's going on.

Surely he could be the most under rated player at the moment.

Last edited:

watatank

Coach
The guy had a club on there knee's bowing at him in his first year.

He was placed in positions where he wasn't big enough to play, he was put in a spot that he wasn't too great at..

Chase Stanley has not had a opportunity to show us what he can do due to bad coaching..

Surely he could be the most under rated player at the moment.

Stanley is a highly rated player, most people are quite outspoken expressing their disappointment in him.

Changa

Juniors
Would have to agree with Scott but also think Webb was underrated last season and should have been held on to(salary cap permitting.) Hornby also seems underappreciated and was thrown to the dogs after aussies lost to GB in 06' tri-nations. Funny how you didn't see that happen to many of the current Aus players after they failed to retain the world cup yet Hornby was victimised after their one loss at the SFS that year.

dragonfire

Bench
Last year i think Stuart webb was definitely underrated. For mine it is Justin Poore, the guy is a beast and with am offseason under Bennet should be firing

dubopov

Coach
LOL at Hornby and Poore .. Both are massively over-rated by Dragons fans .. as is Head.

As far as under-rated goes, Forum fans generally over-rate most players .. because we really want them to be wonderful because they play for us .. so it's hard to figure who's under-rated. Setu was. Kite was. Maybe of the current players I'd pick Scott out of the guys who'd played for us already because he cops a lot of sh*t on Forums, and Boyd and Weyman of the new guys because most people don't seem to realize how good they may be.

watatank

Coach
LOL at Hornby and Poore .. Both are massively over-rated by Dragons fans .. as is Head.

I don't think Hornby is overrated at all. He may have been a couple of years ago or so but a lot of posters don't even rate him these days. Poore is perhaps a tad overrated because most forget that Ryles had a lot to do with his great year. But if Poore can prove that he can lead the pack without Ryles then he wouldn't be. Head is an interesting one. There are those who overlook his ability to run and injury-prone nature and concentrate on his ability and football smarts. Then there are those who go the other way and overlook his smarts and ability and concentrate on the injury prone nature and his knee. Hard to say if he is overrated but I suppose I can't really say he is underrated.

As far as under-rated goes, Forum fans generally over-rate most players .. because we really want them to be wonderful because they play for us .. so it's hard to figure who's under-rated. Setu was. Kite was. Maybe of the current players I'd pick Scott out of the guys who'd played for us already because he cops a lot of sh*t on Forums, and Boyd and Weyman of the new guys because most people don't seem to realize how good they may be.

re: Boyd- There's no way he's underrated. He is really getting talked up a lot on here. If anything, he is overrated. That's not to say he's not good, because he is but

Godz Illa

Coach
Setu was rated by pretty much everyone as well. But yeah it's hard to figure who is the most underrated among us, I guess the easier description would be the most unfairly maligned. Hornby gets my vote for sure in that one.

watatank

Coach
Not sure why Webb was underrated, he held a starting spot for quite a while.

Ricky Thorby is another one of those really underrated...he doesn't rate a mention in many places but he's a decent player. He's at least as good as Dan Hunt who has held down a spot in firsts for much longer.

Latest posts