What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most underrated player in the NRL

jet23

Juniors
Just wanna get your thoughts on who you think is the most underrated player in the NRL - one back & one forward. I don't have one at the mo so fire away. (We already know who the most overrated players are; don't we all)

Aaron Payne. Great Dummy half runner, smart play maker, is often the key to a Cowboy win, if the forwards can set a platform.

Alan Tongue - Will never play Origin or Tests but is all heart, never has a bad game, tries hard no matter how poor the team is around him, makes a thousand tackles and runs hard. A good guy too.
Anthony Quinn - A bit angry but he is very strong, quick and gets involved when he's needed. He finally got a Country jersey this year. He has done some very good things in some big games, the kind of things you expect from Test players, yet he rarely gets much credit. He was also close to Newcastle's best when the Knights were struggling last year. That's a sign of a good player, one that can shine in a badly beaten team.

I guess the key to many of these players in consistency.

Carlito said:
Gotta be allan tongue and what's that centre for the raiders, graham?
Phil Graham.
Interestingly Tongue and Graham grew up within a few miles of one another in country NSW. Both good guys and good players of very different styles.

Raider_69

Post Whore
phil graham would be talked about as a possible rep player if he played for a sydney team, very under-rated.
Cusak is a great call, very good player, absolute star for souths

sheet_ed

Juniors
Nathan Friend - the 2'6" subby for the storm that would tackle a Mack truck if he thought it was going to the Storm try line.

strewth_mate

Bench
phil graham would be talked about as a possible rep player if he played for a sydney team, very under-rated.

I used to think the same about Joel Monaghan; it was a huge shame to see him move to a Sydney club.

jet23

Juniors
Now that I've thought about it, I'd totally agree with allan tongue. I think jake webster is a pretty underrated back in that talent-laden storm backline.

Raider_69

Post Whore
strewth_mate said:
I used to think the same about Joel Monaghan; it was a huge shame to see him move to a Sydney club.

Monaghan is tall and strong, thats about it, in league talent, he isnt fit to shine the shoes of phil graham
if phil could iron out his defencive issues, he'd be one of the best centres in the game

You could name a lot of Storm players. Basically the Storm was an underrated team. They were pemiership tip last year and they didn't go close. This year I liked the look of them again but with Orford and Bell leaving I thought they'd fall short again. Cronk never looked like a world beater when playing for Brisbane Norths and certainly didn't look like a halfback but he is the form half, if not the form player of the comp. Webster was just as good as Vatuvei in the 3N last year if not better but for some reason Vatuvei got all the wraps. He's got even better since and is now a centre of note. Hoffman, Johnson, Kaufusi - they're all outperforming supposedlt better players. Dallas Johnson is possibly the Dally M lock of the year (if there is one) and was a standout for Qld but is probably still very underrated. Turner, Friend, Brett White, they're all playing exceptional footy.

Latest posts