What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most underrated player in the NRL

ngunity

Juniors
Ryan Hoffman - Storm- I think it's starting to dawn on people that he's pretty good as the Storm get more #9 coverage, commentators starting to pick up on it too

Ever since he beat the Dogs in the final seconds I've been watching him and he's a good player with a lot of will to win. From what I've seen he's a good outside ball runner with good defense too ( who doesn't defend well at the storm this year though....) and plenty of heart and stamina

Representative time for Ryan soon I think

jimmythehand

Juniors
East Coast Tiger said:
Now there's a name for a MOST overrated thread, but that's not a cue to start one of those for God's sake.

Ryle's is not overrated. Everyone knows now that he is a cat, except a minority of dragons fans.

Munky

Coach
Shane Rodney

Easily Penrith's best forward whenever he has been on the park. Quite an achievement when you consider the internationals playing around him.

parra pete

Referee
Ryan Hoffman will be a STRONG contender for the Tri Nations squad at the end of the year, along with Mick Weyman...

Scott

Bench
Tony Grimaldi is very underrated. He does all the work that goes un-noticed.

If I was a Bulldogs fan, i'd be desperate not to lose him.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Chris Hicks - a lot of opposition fans think he is a nuffy, but makes plenty of line breaks and knows how to tackle.
Luke O'Dwyer - Has improved out of sight, i would say he has been the Eels best centre all year.

miccle

Bench
Forwards:
Alan Tongue - self explanatory.
Dean Young - I know a lot of people rate him highly, but IMO this bloke is a deadset star. I'd have him at the Broncos in a hearbeat. Great player.
Aaron Payne - Won't get in to rep teams due to Buderus and Smith, but is a VERY clever hooker.

Back:
Cooper Cronk - Great organiser, has the whole package. Awesome player.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I like this topic, Dean Collis, Hoffman, Tongue, Payne (would the QLD hooker if Cameron Smith was injured).

What about Matt Geyer? He's versitile, even though he's on the wing, he seems to get involved in attack and come up with some good plays. Never puts a foot wrong.

Someone mentioned Craig Stapleton. I agree, he makes good yards, agressive player too. I was impressed with him at Parramatta.

Latest posts