What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOTHS once in a generation player

scarcev

Juniors
We had one forward who made over 100m.

We had the `new SBW' make 30 odd metres

We had a `halfback' attempt a field goal who was on the field replacing a true halfback.

My bile for last night is directed solely at Sheens and John Morris.

How is it possible to miss from under the posts. I have seen Krisnan Inu on 9 News backheel it over from there

you sure that aint you MOTH?? Bingo!

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Did we forget about the great cut-out that put Collis into space....?

Look Benji is still far from his best but he's showing glimpses of putting it together. But he has to be told, no more f**king kicks on the third and fourth tackle. I just wonder whether the coaching staff are putting in his head "kick early and try and turn them around, put some doubt in their mind, get them hanging back so we can put it through the hands next time". But that only works if the kicking game is effective, and sadly, Benji's isn't. It's worth trying once, maybe twice, but not as often as we're doing it, especially when we're doing it with no success.

The other problem is Liam Fulton is the only player on the fringes that runs any decent lines, his problem though is he's 90kgs wringing wet and doesn't dent the line. Benji does drift across field at times, yes, but he's looking to link up and most of the players on the fringes don't run decent lines.

That also comes back to there not being any structure in the attack at times, we seem to rely on individual flair which will work some of the time but is pretty straight-forward to figure out. That also comes back to Robbie being quiet, we rely on him so much to start the play and when he's off his game, we lack direction massively.

Ninja

Juniors
It is harder to miss than get it!

Go out and try it for yourself. Stand that close in front of the sticks and try and miss a field goal. Damn near impossible! It takes a special talent to miss from there.

scarcev

Juniors
Did we forget about the great cut-out that put Collis into space....?

quote]

FFS he's a 5/8 that supposed to thrown fuggin passes, he's on 400K and you want to praise the bloke for doing his job once in 2 weeks, give me a break! His kicking game lost us that game last night, end of story.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
FFS he's a 5/8 that supposed to thrown fuggin passes, he's on 400K and you want to praise the bloke for doing his job once in 2 weeks, give me a break! His kicking game lost us that game last night, end of story.
Thanks for selectively responding.

Let me sum it up - because Robbie was off his game last night, the rest of the attack suffered. He, not Benji, is the focal point of our attack.

chopsy_05

Juniors
Thanks for selectively responding.

Let me sum it up - because Robbie was off his game last night, the rest of the attack suffered. He, not Benji, is the focal point of our attack.

Exactly! Robbie had a shocker. I don't know whether its his back or what but he's certainly not getting out of dummy half like he use to. Head needs to take more control too many times last night it was Farah to Head then Head straight to Marshall who was left to create somthing on his own. Marshall sure ain't playing well but there's a bigger list of pretenders behind him in our side.

scarcev

Juniors
Exactly! Robbie had a shocker. I don't know whether its his back or what but he's certainly not getting out of dummy half like he use to. Head needs to take more control too many times last night it was Farah to Head then Head straight to Marshall who was left to create somthing on his own. Marshall sure ain't playing well but there's a bigger list of pretenders behind him in our side.

Those other pretenders (OHara aside) arent on the same coin as this imposter. He is woeful.

scarcev

Juniors
Another fine performance from MOTHS once in a generation player today. Throwing two passes to ground, throwing passes to Hodgo and Lawrence both around there knees to force knockons, falling off Mannering for the clincher, only running across the ground touchy footy style putting our centres out in the first row of the grandstand and our wingers out in the carpark. Oh yea but everyone will say he was our man of the match cos he ran the ball ONCE and put Tuiaki away.

The bloke is a JOKE and still 3 Dally M points since 2005. Sooner he is dropped or his contract ripped up the better.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Good thing for Benji he is on the big $$$$$ now.

16 weeks in 2005 won't hold much water when its time for the next contract.

Will he be remembered as a one hit wonder?

he is a joke, an absolute gump

Who isn't a joke in the current team?

We can't blame injuries, referees, NRL scheduling, home grounds, instead we should just accept that we're a middle of the road team and our current position is about right.

Navjot

Juniors
And unless some heads roll we will always be middle of the road, some tough decisions need to be made quickly.

Vicious

Bench
Where is MOTH ??? He`s much needed around here, whether you agree with him or not, he does bring some much needed life to this forum. Bring back the MOTH !!!!

As for Benji, he was the best of a bad bunch today, they can`t just throw him the ball with nothing doing, no runners, no one getting over the advantage line and expect him to perform miracles all of the time. We have massive problems, but Benji ain`t one of them !

tiger_nick

Bench
Where is MOTH ??? He`s much needed around here, whether you agree with him or not, he does bring some much needed life to this forum. Bring back the MOTH !!!!

As for Benji, he was the best of a bad bunch today, they can`t just throw him the ball with nothing doing, no runners, no one getting over the advantage line and expect him to perform miracles all of the time. We have massive problems, but Benji ain`t one of them !

he was just on 2GB

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
he is a joke, an absolute gump

Tongue was firmly in cheek mate. Posted my previous post just before the Tigers scored those last two tries.

Wonder what would the press be saying if Anasta was playing in his form or Brown was getting the same performances out of Saints as Sheens is out of yur lads.

Hmmmmm. Definitely still the media darlings off the back of three saesons ago.

Does everyone in the press believe it was a fluke & now go easy on your hapless club?

The MOTH carries on like a good sort & isn't exactly a diplomat, but you'd have to think he has a point. Except where Benji Mythall is concerned.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Once again Andrew Moore and company in the media keep referring to 2005.

I think they need updated calendars?

How many years of failure can a premiership three years ago buy you? If you are Tim Sheens, then a shiny new contract until 2010.