What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOTHS once in a generation player

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Once again Andrew Moore and company in the media keep referring to 2005.

I think they need updated calendars?

How many years of failure can a premiership three years ago buy you? If you are Tim Sheens, then a shiny new contract until 2010.

My point exactly. The media darlings. Tigers fans have every right to expect that they will be progressing towards doing that agin rather than living off it.

I don't think they would be quite so soft on the Storm, Broncos, Manly, Parra, Dragons when they fall off the pace.

tiger_nick

Bench
Once again Andrew Moore and company in the media keep referring to 2005.

I think they need updated calendars?

How many years of failure can a premiership three years ago buy you? If you are Tim Sheens, then a shiny new contract until 2010.

Did you hear the absolute moron (who sounded like he had an IQ of 4 and a half) saying 'Sheens is the best thing thats happened to this club, he is a great coach, he discovered Johnathon Thurston and Carl Webb, if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have players like Ben Teo'

:lol::lol::lol:

Navjot

Juniors
More like teo hey that whore themselves out to the highest bidder, yeah need more of his type dont we, i read where heighno has given teo a big verballing after one of the tries and the hook came out shortly after must have been late in the game i missed it.

scarcev

Juniors
Where is MOTH ??? He`s much needed around here, whether you agree with him or not, he does bring some much needed life to this forum. Bring back the MOTH !!!!

As for Benji, he was the best of a bad bunch today, they can`t just throw him the ball with nothing doing, no runners, no one getting over the advantage line and expect him to perform miracles all of the time. We have massive problems, but Benji ain`t one of them !

Best of a bad bunch what game are you watching??, he was awful. He got thrown into touch running across field and threw about 5 impossible passes and he was the best???? you are kidding, he is a useless pile of rubbish on plenty and if thats his best we'd better give it away now, hes a genius on todays performance following up from another poor one last week.

scarcev

Juniors
Where is MOTH ??? He`s much needed around here, whether you agree with him or not, he does bring some much needed life to this forum. Bring back the MOTH !!!!

As for Benji, he was the best of a bad bunch today, they can`t just throw him the ball with nothing doing, no runners, no one getting over the advantage line and expect him to perform miracles all of the time. We have massive problems, but Benji ain`t one of them !

You only want MOTH here cos he like you think this waste of space is the be all and end all (as per the original topic post) reality champ he is a DUD. A good touch footy player, who helped us to a Premeiership when refs were allowing pretty much touch footy with fast play the balls and a nice 10m now they are not hes a DUD.

Vicious

Bench
Best of a bad bunch what game are you watching??, he was awful. He got thrown into touch running across field and threw about 5 impossible passes and he was the best???? you are kidding, he is a useless pile of rubbish on plenty and if thats his best we'd better give it away now, hes a genius on todays performance following up from another poor one last week.

OK Einstein, tell me where else he was going to run when we constantly have NO WILLING BALL RUNNERS ???
He runs across field trying to pick up a ball runner and if you didn`t notice he set up 3 tries with all our players standing around triddling their thumbs. If he`d have ran straight, he`d have run straight into 3-4 Warriors forwards waiting to belt him, instead he floated acroos field trying to link up with willing ball runners, it`s their job to run straight and hard, not Benji`s !!!

shiznit

Coach
Another fine performance from MOTHS once in a generation player today. Throwing two passes to ground, throwing passes to Hodgo and Lawrence both around there knees to force knockons, falling off Mannering for the clincher, only running across the ground touchy footy style putting our centres out in the first row of the grandstand and our wingers out in the carpark. Oh yea but everyone will say he was our man of the match cos he ran the ball ONCE and put Tuiaki away.

The bloke is a JOKE and still 3 Dally M points since 2005. Sooner he is dropped or his contract ripped up the better.
deadset... are you one of those idiots that tried to pick a fight with Benji in the bar....

he was probably one of your best today.... put him behind an actual good pack of forwards to provide him with a platform to work from.

you lost today because of your f*cking pack...not because of your halves. the warriors dominated you around the ruck and ripped you to shreads through the middle of the park. your defence was so bloody weak in the middle the warriors were making it to the halfway mark on the 5th nearly every set coming out.

it says alot when your most damiging forward was a young kid coming off the bench.

mate... thank your lucky stars you dont have Witt & Rovelli.... warriors fans would take Marshall in a sec... and he would probably excel behind there pack too...

scarcev

Juniors
deadset... are you one of those idiots that tried to pick a fight with Benji in the bar....

he was probably one of your best today.... put him behind an actual good pack of forwards to provide him with a platform to work from.

you lost today because of your f*cking pack...not because of your halves. the warriors dominated you around the ruck and ripped you to shreads through the middle of the park. your defence was so bloody weak in the middle the warriors were making it to the halfway mark on the 5th nearly every set coming out.

it says alot when your most damiging forward was a young kid coming off the bench.

mate... thank your lucky stars you dont have Witt & Rovelli.... warriors fans would take Marshall in a sec... and he would probably excel behind there pack too...

Marshall is a gump;

heres a rundown of todays game without the ONE flash of brilliance;
- thrown into touch on the second running across the field
- threw a pass to Collis' knees that forced a knock on
- threw a bullet pass to Lawrences head from 5m causing a knock on
- threw a pass out the back to Hodgos knees causing a knock on
- missed a tackle on Mannering that gave them their match winner
- kicked dead on two occassions (improving on the 5 occassions last week)
- threw 2 balls to the ground trying to pass right to left

Yea at $400K hes an absolute bargain. He is a gump, and you're wrong if I had been at the club I would have been barracking for the bloke to knock him out, we might then make the 8.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
F**k I'm starting to wonder if people actually watch the game.

The whole team was diabolical. Marshall was nullified by the Warriors defence. Can anyone really expect a team to throw the bal wide when the opposition are playing with an umbrella style defence? Surely not.

The perfect example is Tuiaki's try. An average pass from someone who is praised beyond what is deserved and the Warriors' defence meant Marshall had to run back to where the ball came from. He ran so far because everyone was too lazy to hit a hole.

As for the tackle on Mannering, no he didn't make an effective initial tackle, but there was no need for Ryan to come off his Wing as Mannering had been rounded up by Marshall. Is it really that hard to see...

Marshall was the best of a bad bunch. His perceived sh*t game was a result of no one actually wanting to run off him or do anything except stand and watch. And the fact that the Warriors nullified our whole game with their defensive style.

Vicious

Bench

The whole team was diabolical. Marshall was nullified by the Warriors defence. Can anyone really expect a team to throw the bal wide when the opposition are playing with an umbrella style defence? Surely not.

The perfect example is Tuiaki's try. An average pass from someone who is praised beyond what is deserved and the Warriors' defence meant Marshall had to run back to where the ball came from. He ran so far because everyone was too lazy to hit a hole.

As for the tackle on Mannering, no he didn't make an effective initial tackle, but there was no need for Ryan to come off his Wing as Mannering had been rounded up by Marshall. Is it really that hard to see...

Marshall was the best of a bad bunch. His perceived sh*t game was a result of no one actually wanting to run off him or do anything except stand and watch. And the fact that the Warriors nullified our whole game with their defensive style.

Exactly right. I`m just glad we have a couple of supporters that can see over the fence, I know we have plenty that can`t!

smeghead

Bench

Thats about it in a nutshell Nick.

An in form Teo would normally be the one hitting those hols (well he was at the start of the year. Without Payten and Galloway doing the ugly work we have reverted back to using Fulton as a battering ram FFS. It really is a sad state of affairs

Dave Q

Coach
Marshall is just not the mighty force he once was.

The Tigers have slipped into coma mode.

Weild the axe.

Swing it without conscience or mercy.

Take no prisoners, spare no-one.... except maybe Heighington and Lawrence.

Time for meat that is fresh and willing.

Its worked for the Knights and Souths.

It can work for you.

Last edited:

scarcev

Juniors
Marshall is just not the mighty force he once was.

The Tigers have slipped into coma mode.

Weild the axe.

Swing it without conscience or mercy.

Take no prisoners, spare no-one.... except maybe Heighington and Lawrence.

Time for meat that is fresh and willing.

Its worked for the Knights and Souths.

It can work for you.

Dave, well I dont think we'd better look to Souths for direction on how to do anything tbh.

I know youve won 3 in a row, but lets be logical, more than half way through the season, youve had both your byes, and still not enough points that would cancel a drivers licence.

scarcev

Juniors
Thats about it in a nutshell Nick.

An in form Teo would normally be the one hitting those hols (well he was at the start of the year. Without Payten and Galloway doing the ugly work we have reverted back to using Fulton as a battering ram FFS. It really is a sad state of affairs

so none of this occured,

wow, I must have been watching the wrong game and yea he is a bargain at 440K, 3 Dally M points in 3 years, what was I thinking, hes an absolute superstar, perhaps a once in a generation player!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He should.

Sheens sense will prevail over common sense, and McDonnell will go there.

2009 is looking ordinary already.

Dave Q

Coach
Dave, well I dont think we'd better look to Souths for direction on how to do anything tbh.

I know youve won 3 in a row, but lets be logical, more than half way through the season, youve had both your byes, and still not enough points that would cancel a drivers licence.

:lol:;-):cool:

I'll never be accused of letting the facts get in the way of a good story.

But fresh meat does wonders.

Last edited:

Magpie Nick

Juniors
so none of this occured,

wow, I must have been watching the wrong game and yea he is a bargain at 440K, 3 Dally M points in 3 years, what was I thinking, hes an absolute superstar, perhaps a once in a generation player!

You could make a list that long for just about every player. The whole team was terrible but a lot of it was because of the Warriors' play.

There was no reason for Ryan to come in on Mannering either. Yes Marshall made a poor initial tackle, but had Ryan stayed on his Wing the play dies as Marshall had realed Mannering in.

Also, I love the fact that every time someone mentions Marshall's pay rate that it goes up every time. When he first re-signed it was around $330K-$350K, now it's $100K larger than that. :lol: