What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOTHS once in a generation player

scarcev

Juniors
another top game from the once in a generation player tonight. A great kicking game as usual, some great 5th tackle options (including a delicate chip to...umm noone in the first set we get on their line setting the scene for the night), only threw into touch once tonight although still did manage to throw his usual two grounders (once again both right to left. Only one of his kickoffs tonight failed to get inside the 30 on the full showing that all the recent practice he's had kicking off after the the amount of tries weve conceded recently is paying dividends, he also only missed 6 tackles tonight. Great game from the marquee player right MOTH.

Myth.

Vicious

Bench
another top game from the once in a generation player tonight. A great kicking game as usual, some great 5th tackle options (including a delicate chip to...umm noone in the first set we get on their line setting the scene for the night), only threw into touch once tonight although still did manage to throw his usual two grounders (once again both right to left. Only one of his kickoffs tonight failed to get inside the 30 on the full showing that all the recent practice he's had kicking off after the the amount of tries weve conceded recently is paying dividends, he also only missed 6 tackles tonight. Great game from the marquee player right MOTH.

Myth.

If you haven`t noticed, Benji has played a major past in setting up almost every try we`ve scored over the past 3-4 games. He`s making mistakes that a player of his ability probably shouldn`t be making, but hardly the player we should be pointing the finger at, I can think of atleast 10 others that are regularly going worse than what he is !

Tiger Hawk

Bench
If you haven`t noticed, Benji has played a major past in setting up almost every try we`ve scored over the past 3-4 games. He`s making mistakes that a player of his ability probably shouldn`t be making, but hardly the player we should be pointing the finger at, I can think of atleast 10 others that are regularly going worse than what he is !
Exactly, he's far from in top form, but he threw the final pass for Tuiaki's try tonight and then put Halatau through the hole for Hodgo's pass. His biggest problem is that he shouldn't be kicking, ever, but as he's taking at least 65% of our kicks one would have to believe he's been instructed to do so. Ok so he grounded a couple of passes tonight, but so did Hodgo & Flannigan.

The simple truth about the Tigers is, and you can bitch and moan about selections, recruitment, retention, home grounds and anything else, and Brandy finally came out and said it last night, the players have not kicked on since 2005. Fulton, Gibbs, Halatau, Harrison & Collis have shown little to no improvement in the 3 years since the GF. IMO, they should be asked to look elsewhere for next season. Don't get me wrong, I think they're all decent players, but it's time to try some new faces. People still want to talk about their potential which is yet to be realised, but that potential may never be realised. Couple them with some of the other issues we've endured since 2005 and it's little wonder we've been so poor.

scarcev

Juniors
Exactly, he's far from in top form, but he threw the final pass for Tuiaki's try tonight and then put Halatau through the hole for Hodgo's pass. His biggest problem is that he shouldn't be kicking, ever, but as he's taking at least 65% of our kicks one would have to believe he's been instructed to do so. Ok so he grounded a couple of passes tonight, but so did Hodgo & Flannigan.

The simple truth about the Tigers is, and you can bitch and moan about selections, recruitment, retention, home grounds and anything else, and Brandy finally came out and said it last night, the players have not kicked on since 2005. Fulton, Gibbs, Halatau, Harrison & Collis have shown little to no improvement in the 3 years since the GF. IMO, they should be asked to look elsewhere for next season. Don't get me wrong, I think they're all decent players, but it's time to try some new faces. People still want to talk about their potential which is yet to be realised, but that potential may never be realised. Couple them with some of the other issues we've endured since 2005 and it's little wonder we've been so poor.

He needs to set up 2 tries a game to break even with the ones he lets in. Seven missed tackles again last night. Fulton, Gibbs, Harrison and Collis have shown little since 2005, very little in fact, but they arent on nearly the same amount of coin as this bloke and he has shown nothing as well. He's on the same coin as Inglis and Slater, who would you rather?

Tiger Hawk

Bench
7 missed tackles, 7 missed tackles. f**k, he let in one try but you find me any player that can stop Inglis one on one from 5 metres out. His kicking game is abhorrent but he's clearly been told to be the primary kicker. You've got no idea.

scarcev

Juniors
7 missed tackles, 7 missed tackles. f**k, he let in one try but you find me any player that can stop Inglis one on one from 5 metres out. His kicking game is abhorrent but he's clearly been told to be the primary kicker. You've got no idea.

So his defensive game is ordinary at best (another 7 missed tackles and clearly targetted in defence), his kicking game is abhorrent (your words), his passing has found him throw into touch on 3 occassions in the last two games and throw 3 grounders in the last two games. Has has accumuilated 3 Dally M points since 2005 ? He is on roughly the same coin as Inglis? who would you rather you gump. And you have the hide to tell me I have no idea, mate you have no clue, take off your benji coloured glasses the bloke is a myth.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
So his defensive game is ordinary at best (another 7 missed tackles and clearly targetted in defence), his kicking game is abhorrent (your words), his passing has found him throw into touch on 3 occassions in the last two games and throw 3 grounders in the last two games. Has has accumuilated 3 Dally M points since 2005 ? He is on roughly the same coin as Inglis? who would you rather you gump. And you have the hide to tell me I have no idea, mate you have no clue, take off your benji coloured glasses the bloke is a myth.
:lol: Geez, you've really got no idea.

Ahh, where to start, Inglis plays behind a dominant pack of forwards. Benji plays behind sh*t on a stick.

I can't even be bothered going on, you're a fool. :lol:

scarcev

Juniors
:lol: Geez, you've really got no idea.

Ahh, where to start, Inglis plays behind a dominant pack of forwards. Benji plays behind sh*t on a stick.

I can't even be bothered going on, you're a fool. :lol:

So you are saying you would rather Marshall than Inglis.........:crazy: and you call me a fool.

scarcev

Juniors
Where did I say that you fool?

Go read your posts you tool, you have no clue. I said they were on the same coin and yet look at what Inglis provides to his club then look what Marshall provides to us. You come back with the only reason behind this is because Inglis plays behind a dominant pack. What rubbish, Inglis is currently better than Benji by a country mile and will always be, behind any pack. You are an ignorant fool if you really think this joker should be even polishing Inglis' boots.

Explain this tool, if Benji is so dominant why has he received only 3 Dally M points since 2005? Go on answer that before you come back calling me a fool you imbecile. 3 points in 3 years and on top coin at our club. Why?

N.C.

Juniors
Inglis is not a 5/8. I'd have him as a fullback, but not at 5/8 at the expense of an in form Benji Marshall...

The question should not be whether Marshall is good or not good, but whether the coach is asking too much of him when he clearly needs time to get back up to speed?

macnaz

Staff member
Uuuum dumb question?? who is Moth:) And if its a player ...why moth ..

Uuuum dumb question?? who is Moth:) And if its a player ...why moth ..

MOTH is a former poster here "themanonthehill" which gets abbreviated to MOTH. He is very critical of his opinions on players, you know who he rates (Hino, Gibbs, Halatau, Whatuira, Farah) and who he doesn't (Morris, Te'o, McDonnell). He has huge wraps on Benji Marshall because he is a once in a generation player, and feel it will be a senario similar to Scott Prince (go from injury riddled potential superstar to a premiership winning captain who is arguably the games best player), and thus we should persist with him.