What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies that made you walk out of the cinema

YoHadrian

Juniors
Yeh its a tough watch. Anyone leave after the fire extinguisher?

Oddly enough no considering the blokes faced got completely caved in.

Oh god. That film shook me to my core.

Some bright spark at work told me he'd seen a film (which was this film) and simply said to me - it'll blow you away. No real warning of the content, just that it shocked him. So I curiously bought the DVD and watched at home one night.

I did get through the whole thing though. But no film has ever made me go through such emotional torture like that., nothing even close or in the same postcode. I chucked the DVD in the bin and chose not to speak of it again. Until that post.

One of the most disturbing things about that film besides the obvious was the camera work. At the begginning the camera was swinging like a pendulum back & forth which actually made me nauseous in the cinema then as the film progressed the swinging got less & less until it culminated in that tunnel scene where the camera stopped dead.

Incorrect

Coach
Broken Arrow
Wayne’s World 2

And maintain they are the two worst movies I’ve seen apart from..

Running with Scissors. The only reason I stayed in the cinema for this was because of the girl I was with at the time.
Have never actually walked out of a movie, but Broken Arrow was the one that sprang to mind for me. Saw it with some mates when it came out so ended up staying until the end because a couple of them were digging it... I thought it was a pile of burning garbage....

gUt

Coach
Inception was a movie I couldn't get started with, let alone finish. The premise was so contrived and the way the plot tried to get the action going... I got about 30-40 mins into it and that was that.

Inception was a movie I couldn't get started with, let alone finish. The premise was so contrived and the way the plot tried to get the action going... I got about 30-40 mins into it and that was that.

Did you vote in the LU members favourite movie thread? Its on the list..

Nah movies aren’t really that big a part of my life

Cool. On your comment though, one of my best mates walked out in it too. Was knocking about with a girl at the time and thought it’d be a gentlemanly idea to get her out of the bedroom - so Inception it was at Bondi cinema. Lasted about half an hour in there, hated it, walked out with his girl and back to the bedroom.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I walked out of "Wolf Creek" - not because of the gore, but because I thought it was f**king terrible.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Holy crap that actually made it to a cinema here?

Never walked but fell asleep during Excess Baggage with alicia silverstone

Saw Salo it at the Chauvel in Paddo many moons ago the night before the cops raided the cinema & stopped any further screenings.

That was also one sick puppy film.

I’ve never walked out on a film in the cinema, but I sorely wish I had on these...

Thor

Skyline

Transformers 3

Dragonball: Evolution
(the worst movie I’ve ever seen)

The Chronicles of Riddick

Battle: Los Angeles

Iron Man 2

Alien: Resurrection

Last edited:
I've walked out of two movies.

The Astronaut's Wife. Just incredibly boring.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I'm a huge fan of the original radio plays, as well as the books, television series and computer game that followed it. I really didn't like the movie.

When it comes to movies I watched at home there's been a few that I didn't finish. That was mostly because I got interrupted by something and never went back though lack of interest, it wasn't necessary a bad film that I would have walked out of in a cinema. Though the one I do remember stopping because it was just atrocious is the 2018 Predator movie.

Was The Astronaut’s Wife the one where an alien takes over a woman’s husband in space & it’s Charlize Theron or someone who looks like her? And the ending involves a wet floor?

Last edited:
@Parra No love for Ferris? And apart from your unfortunate choice in Rugby League teams I had you pegged as a man with impeccable taste.

My walkouts,
Licence to Drive, that steaming turd should have been enough to turn the peados off Haim & Feldman

No Country for Old Men, I cant believe how highly rated it is. I probably should give it another run, maybe I just didnt get it.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Love Le Carré's books, but this movie was an absolute bore. Lasting an hour was a battle.

Although NCfOM is one of my 100 favourite movies of all-time, you shouldn’t be too hard on yourself if it isn’t to your tastes. The Cohen Bros. are not for everyone as a general rule, & they’re not trying to be.