What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies You Dont Understand Why Everyone Raves About Them

Big Pete

Referee
*High Five weasal*

If there's any one movie that deserves a nomination it's Juno. From it's over the top attempt at being Indie to it's unlikable characters I just found the movie to be far too pretentious in trying to portray how Indie it is.

Others:

The Simpsons Movie: I remember hearing it was a return to form...well if a bull s**t narrative along with unlikable characters is a return to form then give this film an Emmy.

Judd Apatow: I can understand the appeal to his movies given the decent social commentaries but they're far from the comedy masterpieces that people seem to call them. Superbad for me is one of the most overated movies of all time.

Hangover: Decent narrative, bit light on comedy. Didn't really care for the characters either.

Hancock and Seven Pounds: Both films had major potential but were ultimately let down by dissapointing plot turns or bland female characters.

Phillips

Referee
The Dark Night, dont see what was so great about Ledgers performance.. also it was a boring movie.

The Dark Night, dont see what was so great about Ledgers performance.. also it was a boring movie.

Even if it was your favourite movie in the world it would still be over rated, most incredible movie hype I've ever seen. It would never, ever hit.

Red Bear

Referee
Zoolander is one of the biggest pieces of tripe ever released.

I got halfway through the boat that rocked and turned it off

adamkungl

Immortal
there are loads of my favourite movies in this thread lol...the dark night, zoolander, superbad

Engine

Juniors
E.T.

Hated it as a child, hate it even more as an adult. Worst Spielberg movie I've ever seen. One of the most boring movies I've ever seen. Honestly, cannot understand how anyone, anywhere, could like it.

I LOVED that movie as a kid. E.T. was a marketers dream.

Jurassic Park. Definitely Jurassic Park.

Formula:
- Land on deserted place
- Get chased by dinosaurs
- Attempt humour
- Fix "mission"
- Escape

snoozer

Bench
prospero's books.

dont go near it.i made the mistake of taking a chick to see it(her idea) at the movies(90's) and couldn't leave.hell on earth.

Paullyboy

Coach
Vanilla Ice

Do you mean Vanilla Sky?

I'll throw Star Wars into this mix. I appreciate that it's for geeks and they like that sci-fi stuff, but come on, surely no one actually thinks of that crap as a good movie - I'm convinced most of them like it because it gives them something to belong to, much like emo kids and crap bands. The bands are crap but they represent depression so they all just go along with it.

azzah72

Bench
The Godfather .... It insist upon it self! J/K

But seriously, the untouchables, Cannot see why people like it!