What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies You Dont Understand Why Everyone Raves About Them

HevyDevy

Coach
I don't give a sh*t what movies people like or dislike - all personal taste - but how anyone could say that Ledger's performance wasn't brilliant in The Dark Knight is clinically idiotic.

I actually watched that movie expecting to be let down after all the hype but Ledger blew me away. The movie itself is nothing special but Ledger was superb. Fact.

Eelementary

Post Whore
District 9 - generic and formulaic.

Philadelphia - sh*t.

Any of the Rambo films - I always preferred Arnie and Bruce Willies tbh

Steel Dragon

Bench
I don't give a sh*t what movies people like or dislike - all personal taste - but how anyone could say that Ledger's performance wasn't brilliant in The Dark Knight is clinically idiotic.

I actually watched that movie expecting to be let down after all the hype but Ledger blew me away. The movie itself is nothing special but Ledger was superb. Fact.

Mark Hamill is the only one who's ever come close to portraying the Joker properly ie Maniacally.

Ledger was just kinda menacing. There was never any moments in the film where he was ecstatically happy. Sure he smiled evilly a few times, and over all did a pretty good job - but im yet to see anyone give a performance that portrays the comic book Joker.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
*High Five weasal*

If there's any one movie that deserves a nomination it's Juno. From it's over the top attempt at being Indie to it's unlikable characters I just found the movie to be far too pretentious in trying to portray how Indie it is.

*double high five*

Word.

To this day I still don't understand the hype. The highly rated soundtrack is average as well.

Garden State or Nick & Norah's Soundtrack > Juno.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
There will be blood.

Some seem to like it.

I found it tedious, boring and want my three hours back.

A movie about a cold, murdering merkin. Was named movie of the decade - FFS.

Juno, Before seeing it I was told it would be one of the funniest movies I would ever sit through. Absolute snoozefest!

Frailty

First Grade
i agree. I could only stand his voice for 5 minutes and cracked the sh*ts.

Umm... That's because Capote actually had a voice like that? It's a bit harsh to criticise the film based on a person for actually been realistic...

Perhaps you would have wanted him to sound like Barry White and then kill everyone in the movie?

Napoleon Dynamite - What a piece of sh*t that is... I really feel like punching the people who recommended it... Pretty sure I have to some.

Oh and I quite liked Juno and Bladerunner... I know Juno was presented as this 'look I'm indie' film, but I thought it was really well written with some great characters and good plot.

Bladerunner I hated at first... But there is a lot to love about that movie, even just for the dialogue towards the end (i.e. "All these moments fade, like tears in the rain").

Oh and V For Vendetta was really well cast I thought. The storyline keeps to the comic, but the casting was fantastic. Namely the vice-chancellor who played Winston in the film adaptation of 1984 (of which V For Vendetta almost parallels in setting).

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
The amazing Tenebaums.
Terrible movie.

Pirates of the Carribean movies, all suck.

Sex & the city, Ive never seen it, but seeing as Im a guy I think its justified on this list.

McLovin

Staff member
Sin City
The Number 23
Dark Knight

Not that i didnt understand these movies. I just dont think theyre worth the jizz everybody kept throwing around when they came out. Maybe not so much The Number 23, but the other two are quite woeful imo...

HevyDevy

Coach
Hit me back if you know wtf Donnie Darko was about...

I do, but only after watching it with director's commentary. I still liked it though - very dark, ironically.

Anyway, I agree with the Matrix. What a crock of sh*t those films were. I still have no idea what was going on - possibly because I was bored sh*tless.

Echo-The-Tiger

Juniors
I do, but only after watching it with director's commentary. I still liked it though - very dark, ironically.

After watching it multiple times I've still got NFI, what's it about?

District 9 is a movie I'd nominate.

Also, is Number 23 the Jim Carey movie?