What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies you found yourself

Munky

Coach
Client 9 - The Rise and Fall of Elliot Spitzer.

A doco that tells the fascinating tale if the downfall of a political head kicker.

It tries to play up the conspiracy angle too much but otherwise it is a brilliant film

perverse

Referee
Primer.

shit will melt your brain in the best way. not sure if i've actually pieced it all together properly, myself... with the best part being you think you're with the movie the entire time... until the colossal twist at the end just shatters the entire existance of everything.

HowHigh

Coach
Young & Dangerous 1-6 (About the triads in Hong Kong)

Der Untergang (Hitlers last days in the bunker)

A Prophet (French movie bout a guy who's sent to prison who isn't quite cut out for that life)

LESStar58

Referee
Hard Core Logo. I have a copy on VHS from well before Tarantno got his hooks in to it. Used to see it on SBS quite often but would always end up missing it somehow. One day I found a copy at work and snapped it up right away.

Its a mockumentary described ad "Spinal Tap's mean kid brother with the story reflecting mainly on the relationship between band leader Joe Dick (played by Hug Dillon, singer of Canadian cow-punk protagonists the Headstones) and lead guitarist Billy Talent ( Calum Keith Rennie, best known for his role in Due South). The aging punkers reunite after Joe's mentor Bucky Haight is shot in an apparent home invasion. Billy is moonlighting in Jenifur (both bands I might add are ficticious) on the major US festival circuit and comes back for a benefit although he is very close to joining Jenifur full time. The benefit is a success and Joe convinces the band to go out on the road one last time. While Joe and Billy are the central characters the bassist John, who suffers from mental illness, and drummer Pipefitter provide the comic relief.

Also features some rather notable punk icons in Joey Ramone and DOA in cameo roles. The soundtrack kicks f**king arse (the actors don't play their instruments although Hugh Dillon does the singing with backing band Swamp Baby) and Hugh Dillon's band the Headstones are worth a listen.

Natheel; mate you of all people will LOVE this flick!

Red Bear

Referee
Mike Bassett England Manager, piss funny and no one else I know had seen it.

4 Lions was another (although neither are tiny).

Bullet in the Head. It's from 1990, I think, so it's not the time frame but an epic that should be watched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvUC0IIjIuk#t=6m15s

I'm a big Jarmusch fan but he basically workshopped Le Samourai to make Ghost Dog. Still, I would even defend The Limits Of Control.

Gozu is without doubt his most surreal film.

I've always meant to watch Le Samouraï but never got around it. The Killer is one of my all time favourite films and I've heard it's heavily influenced by the film. I can tolerate homage but I can't tolerate thievery which is why I'm not a fan of A Fistful of Dollars anymore. Scorsese getting the Oscar for The Departed annoyed me because he did so many classic, original works he was finally recognised with an Americanised version of a classic Hong Kong film.

Gozu was recommended to me as a Takashi Miike starter film, not sure I would do the same to others lol Awesome film though, the scene with the dog at the start is so wrong but hilarious at the same time.

Young & Dangerous 1-6 (About the triads in Hong Kong)

Der Untergang (Hitlers last days in the bunker)

A Prophet (French movie bout a guy who's sent to prison who isn't quite cut out for that life)

That's just about the best movie of the 2000's for me.

mongoose

Coach
Antichrist - Weird film from denmark but in English. Has Willem De foe.

Session 9 - Creepy ass movie from around 2001. Psychological horror.

A serbian film - I found it but couldnt bring myself to watch it and I never will.