What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullen for Aussie 5/8th?

Shorty

Staff member
No but he's got it over Cronk there.

There's also Inglis to add into the mix if he's improved at that spot at the end of the season.

Serc

First Grade
6. Thurston
7. Prince

Mullo would need to have a fair turnaround of form and fortune over the next 2 months to get within a bulls roar of the #6. However if Prince was out as you've all said it will be Cronk next for halfback.

perverse

Referee
if mullen plays really really well for the remainder of the year and lightning strikes 2 of holy QLD trio of cronk, thurston and prince then maybe. maaaaybe.

as JM said.. he really doesn't deserve it... australia have plenty more options to exhaust before they throw him in at that deep end.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Mullo won't be five-eight, but I don't think its a foregone conclusion that Prince will be the halfback either. Cooper Cronk would be a BIG shot.

Ben

Bench
The only way i see Mullen making the five-eighth spot his own is if the Knights win the premiership and Mullen plays extremely well.

I see a Cronk and Thurston partnership.

On the note of Cronk, if only he was a NSWelshman. Will solve our halfback problems and it is sure Queensland don't need him.

AdamT

Juniors
Knights007 said:
With Lockyer out, I can only imagine Bird stands in Mullen's way for Australian 5/8th at the end of the year?

Fair dinkum guys . Sure we may be Knights supporters but do all of us have these red and blue blinkers on that cant see common sense?

Shirley you cannot be serious about Mullen as Australia No.6.

He hasnt set the world on fire even at Newcastle yet - so dont make yourself look like a joke by talking up his chances. The selctors gambled in SO and it hardly worked as Mullen at 7.

One minute we expect the guy to be the next Joey (until that bitch Thurston comes along) then realise Walsh is a better half anyway. Now we expect him to be the next Braithe Anasta. Yes he WILL be the most over rated player behind Lyon if people like 007 and his pals publish stupid topics like Mullen for Australian Number six. Tell him he's dreaming. Lets let the guy mature. He isnt a SOO regular yet let alone an Aussie Player. He will be a great player one day but not yet. Not even next year. He has youth on his side.

Nuke

Staff member
I didn't think there was any internationals after the Grand Final this year. I thought they were giving rep players the off-season to rest and recover from 2007 so they're ready for 2008 NRL and the World Cup after that season?
I'm probably wrong though.

And for my 2c into this debate, personally, I'd prefer to see Thurston at 6 and Cronk at 7. I wouldn't mind betting the 'wise' selectors choose wonderkid Jamie Lyon at five-eighth though ...

Latest posts