What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullins...Mullins

Bench
VictorTheViking said:
What a try, never been another player like Brett Mullins in full flight
After Rabs said "put down the glasses Mullins is in the clear",Matty Seers came from the clouds and nailed him.
So how fast was Seers in full flight ?.

Could Seers perform on that level week in week out?? No, thats why you dont see people still talking about him years after, if you want to hear about matt seers, start a thread on matt seers

Lancelot Link

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:
If anyone could find a video of THAT chip and chase vs. the Broncos... you know the one I'm talking about... I would be forever in your debt.

One of the most freakish tries ever.

Is that the 'chip on a chip' try?? Awesome stuff that one!

851 said:
After Rabs said "put down the glasses Mullins is in the clear",Matty Seers came from the clouds and nailed him.
So how fast was Seers in full flight ?.

Well the incident I mentioned before, Mullins spotted Matt Seers in full flight a good 20m - and STILL caught him short of the line and wrapped him up! So...obviously, not fast enough! ;-)

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Noa Nandruku said:
Are sure your not confused. I can remember 2 incident involving Matt Sears in semi's. Once when HE ran down Mullins and when Darren Albert ran him down.

No. The incident in which I am referring, Mullins mowed down Seers in a Semi Final after spotting him a good 15-20m start. Seers was absolutely FLYING and Mullins got him about 6 inches short of the line. Norths were leading @ the time, but the Bears didn't score here, when another try at that stage would have just about been the end of Canberra in that game. As it was, the Raiders went on to win from that point - and I am pretty sure - won the comp that year!...So was probably '94?

But it had nothing to do with Albert, and it was definitely Mullins on Seers - not the other way round!

I have it on video off Boots 'n All.....somewhere!

Nuts

Juniors
I will never forget that Newcastle game. Mullins was brilliant that night, as he was for the most part of his career.

Mr Saab

Referee
Lancelot Link said:
No. The incident in which I am referring, Mullins mowed down Seers in a Semi Final after spotting him a good 15-20m start. Seers was absolutely FLYING and Mullins got him about 6 inches short of the line. Norths were leading @ the time, but the Bears didn't score here, when another try at that stage would have just about been the end of Canberra in that game. As it was, the Raiders went on to win from that point - and I am pretty sure - won the comp that year!...So was probably '94?

But it had nothing to do with Albert, and it was definitely Mullins on Seers - not the other way round!

I have it on video off Boots 'n All.....somewhere!

You are wrong and a half.

t-ba

Post Whore
Shame Seers couldn't outrun Albert. Merkin owes me one Manly vs Norths GF!

Mr Saab

Referee
Lancelot Link said:
Norths were leading @ the time, but the Bears didn't score here, when another try at that stage would have just about been the end of Canberra in that game. As it was, the Raiders went on to win from that point - and I am pretty sure - won the comp that year!...So was probably '94?

This is why you are wrong.
Canberra won the 1st semi quite comfortably 26-12. They led 14-0 in the 1st half.
They then met again in the prelim final and the halftime score was 7-6 to norths and they never scored another try to lose 22-9.
So basically canberra were never gone (if norths scored) in any of those games and you are clearly wrong.
And it couldnt be any other yr as canberra and norths never played each other in a semi in 1995/6/7/8

Paullyboy

Coach
It was 100% Seers running down Mullins, I remember it as clear as day.

My old man was a Norths fan, and as you can imagine I celebrated that try a little early and he ended up having the last laugh (on that play anyway).

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Jeebus! Well, I stand corrected - Bloody funny how your mind can play tricks on you!!! I remember clear as DAY that being the other way around??! :crazy: I even remember the pub I was in watching that game with a bears supporting mate - the Agincourt Hotel in Broadway!

I even remembered it that wrong way from Boots 'n All a couple of years back 'n all! f**king lost the plot on this HARD on this, so I have! :lol:

Perhaps a few too many beers since then??? Well, that's the excuse I'm sticking with, anyway! :oops:

I remember that 2nd Canberra v Norths semi now too (I...think! lol) - Norths were reasonably competitive in that game until the Bears had a player sent off, didn't they? Gary Larson or someone like that - one of their forwards - pretty harshly marched too from what I (think I ) remember.

Mr Saab

Referee
Not unfair at all.
Back then refs had balls and sent players off. Larson was sent for a spear tackle on furner.
Today they are soft.
5 mins later or so Lomax was sent for a high tackle on Billy Moore.

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Current refs are soft - and sheep - Look what's happened since a ref finally had the sack to send a player off in Matt Utai - we've had 2 more go in quick succession in the following weeks! Thing is, before Utai's - I'd seen any number of incidents that were as bad - if not worse than all of those, go unpunished!

Just off the top of my head, by the Utai/Moi Moi/Morley standard only now set - Crocker should have gone for his spear takcle, Slater should have walked for kicking Skando in the head - And Ruben Wiki should have gone SEVERAL times for various things!

And Lomax was a serial cat. Went hunting for heads! Whereas Larson was a model professional. On that basis alone I am going to say that Lomax deserved his - and Larson did not! :p

Raider_69

Post Whore
ill tell you whats even more outragous
last month i moved out of home with a mate of mine, he has a copy of the NRL's Magic Moments of the 90's, having never seen it before i had a gander at it the other day, some great moments, including plenty of Mullins in full flight, but yet no chip and chase against brisbane, which was one of the more memorable tries even scored... i was absolute dumbfounded that it didnt get a go... that said there was enough canberra magic to make up for it :D