What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Concerns: Hagan and the Joey saga

fish eel

Immortal
I've no problems with the way Hagan has acted.

He backed his player, and said what he thought.

Atleast he didnt say:

"Joey asked the touchies some tough questions, and I'm not sure he came up with the answers"

yy_cheng

Coach
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
There appears to be be an anti-Hagan feeling from some of our supporters and he has not even arrived at the club yet. Just give him a chance. I am not sure if he will be a succes or not but I will be giving him a chance as we all gave Brian Smith a chance.

JT's success hasn't helped.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parra2006 said:
1. he gets away with murder; anything he wants he gets.

tbh, if he had a choice i think he'd like to play this week...it does appear that he won't so he won't get everything he's own way.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
tbh, if he had a choice i think he'd like to play this week...it does appear that he won't so he won't get everything he's own way.

Only because he has put the matter into the hands of people he can't control.

Suity

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I am prepared to put my money where my mouth is and I have bet with a mate that Joey will not see out the season with Brian Smith as coach. I just can not see them working together at all for so many reasons

Suitman

Post Whore
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
I am prepared to put my money where my mouth is and I have bet with a mate that Joey will not see out the season with Brian Smith as coach. I just can not see them working together at all for so many reasons

Geez, if that happens, I can't see Brian remaining at the top of the Newcastle fans popularity poll.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:

there's been plenty of speculation and rumours that you may win the bet quite comfortably ;-)

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Suitman said:
Geez, if that happens, I can't see Brian remaining at the top of the Newcastle fans popularity poll.

Suity

To appease the fans Joey will use the excuse of his football body not being as he would like or he will retire citing a lack of motivation. I really believe it will happen and if not during the season he will not play alot of the season due to injury and then retire. Either way the Knights are shot ducks next year

Eelementary

Post Whore
The issue here is, in my eyes, that Hagan probably couldn't care less. He'll be elsewhere in 2006, and so he may figure, "Why bother?"

Parraletic

Juniors
It is a bit concerning to hear what Michael Hagan had to say after the game on Friday night. Do we really want a coach who can't control his emotions or someone who can stay calm no matter what the situation. I know what i'd prefer!

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think we're putting too much emphasis on this...Relax! You'll live longer!

Seriously, though - he felt his team was robbed. So he vented. I find that to be wuite refreshing. JT hasn't complained much, because we've generally done very well under him. Brian used to complain in cryptic messages, or he just avoided the issues altogether. I, personally, like him to show emotion - it shows he is human and that he cares about his team.

fish eel

Immortal
I want a coach who will back his players - I've no problem with what was said. Perhaps it could have been worded better, but he just saw his side on the wrong end of a crucial call in a big match....of course he would back his players afterwards.

Latest posts