What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Fears Part 2

So who's sh*tting bricks?? Who's confident? There has been so much talk about ticket sales that people have forgotten to talk about the actual game it self.

This is what I feel:

Obviously I feel we have a hope in this game IF the team turns up.

One of my previous threads (last week) I wrote about the players who crumble under pressure just like Paul Carige / Shane Wherate did back in 98. I mentioned Ben Smith, Lowrie,Burt, Wright. These Guys have proved me wrong on so many occasions this year it's not funny. These guys were at there best against the Titans. So I'd like to bring those same name up again because it worked last time.:D

I hope Wright has worked on his defence because Jamal Idris will have a field day if Wright is not on his game.

Safe to say, that we need all our players to stand up. But more importantly the ones that have got to stand up in this game are Cayless and Hindmarsh. Out of all the big games since 2001 this is the biggest. In 2001, it's safe to say that the leaders went missing for that 1st half. This time we got we have got to get it together.

I would just like to add that if your not nervous about this game... your not human.

The Colonel

Immortal
Nervous? I have a knot the size of my fist just to the left of my navel..... it came back yesterday.

SDM

First Grade
So who's sh*tting bricks?? Who's confident? There has been so much talk about ticket sales that people have forgotten to talk about the actual game it self.

This is what I feel:

Obviously I feel we have a hope in this game IF the team turns up.

One of my previous threads (last week) I wrote about the players who crumble under pressure just like Paul Carige / Shane Wherate did back in 98. I mentioned Ben Smith, Lowrie,Burt, Wright. These Guys have proved me wrong on so many occasions this year it's not funny. These guys were at there best against the Titans. So I'd like to bring those same name up again because it worked last time.:D

I hope Wright has worked on his defence because Jamal Idris will have a field day if Wright is not on his game.

Safe to say, that we need all our players to stand up. But more importantly the ones that have got to stand up in this game are Cayless and Hindmarsh. Out of all the big games since 2001 this is the biggest. In 2001, it's safe to say that the leaders went missing for that 1st half. This time we got we have got to get it together.

I would just like to add that if your not nervous about this game... your not human.

I dont get nervous unless it is close in the 2nd half, if we are flogging them or vice vierca, I just get drunk.

Gronk

Staff member
Nervous ? Nope.
Excited ? Yes !
Concerned about the fitness of Wright, Inu & Morts ? Youbetcha.

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
I'm nervous about the result... for the team to have come this far and be so close, but not yet through the GF means we're all really in limbo land until Friday night.

Seems like Inu and Wright are both carrying injury. I'd expect Inu to be named, and if they haven't got his hammy twinge sorted out by now, then I don't know what could really be wrong with it.

I'd expect Mortimer to be named, but it will come down to the day of the game whether he plays, since he won't train until Thursday. If he's not right or too big a risk, I'd expect Mateo at 6 (but with Hayne doing his usual hands on in attack), and an extra forward onto the bench (Brod Wright/Latimore?).

We have proved we can play well and win without Mortimer last week. So long as the team knows what to expect, remains confident, and goes in with their heads held high and ready to play for each other, then we're in this one up to our necks.

But no way this will be an easy game. Bulldogs will take iot to us for 80mins, and the result could definitely go either way. Will be shattering if we don't win through, but for that reason I expect our guys to play their guts out and not be left wondering. Hopefully the week off might have helped the Bulldogs be a little soft when it matters?

Fingers crossed.

In the words of Big Kev (RIP) IM EXCITED about this weekend.

It will be the following week (if we are able to make it through) that I will be nervous.

Running second is NOT an option this year!

strider

Post Whore
We've done so well to get to the last 4 teams that I'm not really worried or nervous or anything atm ... might get nervous on Friday

I think we have a really good shot of winning ... our defense has been awesome and will have to be tough again - but I reckon we can handle the dogs.

My biggest fear for us winning is burnout - we've been playing hard for weeks now and I reckon there are times our guys look totally buggered out there cos we are putting so much into defense .... I fear it could have a bit of a burnout effect at some stage.

yy_cheng

Coach
I'm not nervous yet. Was not nervous against the Titans but was REAL NERVOUS AGAINST THE DRAGS.

I like the players.

Against the Drags before kickoff, they were stoney faced.

Against the Titans, they were jovial.

The nerves haven't hit yet.

BUT as mentioned in other threads.

It is CAYLO and MOIMOI (and GROTHE) who needs to dominate.

We saw last week when the Fui was off, we could only maintain the titans but once Grothe and Fui was let out of the bag, we had the game won.

FUI is the most important player in our team, more so than Hayne or Mortz.

When is his little boy going to grow up !!!

yy_cheng

Coach
I'm not nervous yet. Was not nervous against the Titans but was REAL NERVOUS AGAINST THE DRAGS.

I like the players.

Against the Drags before kickoff, they were stoney faced.

Against the Titans, they were jovial.

The nerves haven't hit yet.

BUT as mentioned in other threads.

It is CAYLO and MOIMOI (and GROTHE) who needs to dominate.

We saw last week when the Fui was off, we could only maintain the titans but once Grothe and Fui was let out of the bag, we had the game won.

FUI is the most important player in our team, more so than Hayne or Mortz.

When is his little boy going to grow up !!!

The Colonel

Immortal
We've been in this position so many times in the past and only made it to the GF once that I'm really hoping we can make the most of this situation. Sure we have a stronger bunch of players for next year and will probably make a better fist of the season but who knows if we'll get the same opportunity we have now. Considering what has happened in the past the pain still runs deep.

I will be disappointed if we lose.... yes, we've overacheived but as I said the opportunity only presents itself for two teams once a year. I'll be proud though of where they have come from and what they have acheived.

Excited, nervous, scared..... it is all going on.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Im not nervous because im not expecting to win it. Without Mortimer our attack will be one-dimensional. If we win well good otherwise meh it was a good season.

forward pass

Coach
I am so use to losing the GF qualifier that I am just going to try to enjoy the moment.

I am very nervous that our injuries will finally catch up with us. Morts will be severely tested, and if Inu plays he will not have anywhere full speed so he will playing at half pace. This is a concern.

I am also fearful the Grothe is going to do something silly. He was getting a bit too excited last week and some of his offloads were heart attack stuff. Not to mention the week before against Saints when he tried to flick that ball going touch in goal back in field. He failed thank God. He needs to settle down and stick to what he is good at.

parra pete

Referee
Feels like the eels v cowboys final in 2005. Except the Eels are the cowboys, and the dogs the eels.
Believe in yourself!

Believe in yourself and in your dreams
no matter how far things may seem,
someday, somehow you'll get through
To the goal in view.

Mountains fall and seas divide
before the one who in her/his stride,
takes a hard road day by day
sweeping aside obstacles in her/his way.

Believe in yourself and in your plan
never say i can't always i can.
For prizes in life we fail to win
because we doubt the power within.

cgee221

Juniors
I'm nervous about Mortimer and Inu being available...I expect both to be named, but I really want both to play!

Eelectrica

Referee
Prety calm at the moment, but come Friday I'll be twitchy as hell.

I really think we can do it though. Our defence is just clicking like I've not seen for a long time and we have game breakers who can put points on the board when needed.
The great thing is the games have been tight with 10 to go and we've gone on with it to blow the score out a little.

No chance we will win without Mortimer healthy for 80 mins.

Robson struggles when he is forced to kick under pressure, he is better when he can just slot in and kick when he wants.

Latest posts