What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Fellow Dragon Tragics

Rob Dragon

Juniors
I am 50 years old. My team was handed down to me at birth before I was named. Everyone on my mother’s side supported Saints; so you supported Saints.

I love my team.

I used to sit on the hill at Kogarah as a 12 year old and watch Mitch Brennan, Lord Ted, Rocket Reddy, Slippery Morris, and Graeme Wynn…Baths Babes!

I love my team.

My father died in 2010, 9 months before we won on that glorious day. My 15 year old son found me outside at 6.30PM on that glorious night crying because his grandfather had not lived to see our first win since 1979.

I love my team.

I am now exiting this forum and I am not watching us play anymore whilst this garbage is going on. This kid coach is killing us, but worse the Board is responsible for this. It has been going on for 3 years now! 3 long hard years. And why? Why? It has become a bad joke.

When Steven Price is removed from his coaching duties and normality returns I will return. I am taking this stance as a protest against the insanity that prevails at the moment.

I love my team, but I cannot do this anymore.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Respect to you Rob. It's really hard mate to be keen at the moment and we've had it coming. People power hopefully prevails in the coming days or weeks.That Wombat has killed the mighty dragons. Hope to see you back on really soon mate. Respect for seeing the red v through.

Elias1983

Coach
I am 50 years old. My team was handed down to me at birth before I was named. Everyone on my mother?s side supported Saints; so you supported Saints.

I love my team.

I used to sit on the hill at Kogarah as a 12 year old and watch Mitch Brennan, Lord Ted, Rocket Reddy, Slippery Morris, and Graeme Wynn?Baths Babes!

I love my team.

My father died in 2010, 9 months before we won on that glorious day. My 15 year old son found me outside at 6.30PM on that glorious night crying because his grandfather had not lived to see our first win since 1979.

I love my team.

I am now exiting this forum and I am not watching us play anymore whilst this garbage is going on. This kid coach is killing us, but worse the Board is responsible for this. It has been going on for 3 years now! 3 long hard years. And why? Why? It has become a bad joke.

When Steven Price is removed from his coaching duties and normality returns I will return. I am taking this stance as a protest against the insanity that prevails at the moment.

Mate put this into an email to doust and the club...

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I am 50 years old. My team was handed down to me at birth before I was named. Everyone on my mother?s side supported Saints; so you supported Saints.

I love my team.

I used to sit on the hill at Kogarah as a 12 year old and watch Mitch Brennan, Lord Ted, Rocket Reddy, Slippery Morris, and Graeme Wynn?Baths Babes!

I love my team.

I love my team.

I seriously feel your pain mate....I have been following the Red V for 56 years and like yourself are frustrated and sad as to what's happening to our once mighty club.....but don't leave the forum...we (I) and our club need all the support we can get ....last year I was diagnosed with Cancer and you know what got me through some of those dark days lying in my hospital bed,reading the comments on here by my fellow supporters, about the good times and the bad...so mate like my illness things will turn around for us in the future we just have to be strong.

Redvpassion

Juniors
Very touching post Rob Dragon. Sorry for your loss and I'm sure dad would of been celebrating long and hard from the heavens.

Your protest is understandable. Im very sure that today's performance has put many supporters off the team and they will be protesting with their feet come the other rounds. The dragon army today could be counted on our fingers so to speak. It will only get worse. totally agree with you about our CEO and board.

Change needs to happen and it always needs to be started from the top. Only way to kill a poisonous snake is to take its head off. Our board is poisonous.

In saying that, this forum is like family. We all hurt together and we all celebrate together.

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
I seriously feel your pain mate....I have been following the Red V for 56 years and like yourself are frustrated and sad as to what's happening to our once mighty club.....but don't leave the forum...we (I) and our club need all the support we can get ....last year I was diagnosed with Cancer and you know what got me through some of those dark days lying in my hospital bed,reading the comments on here by my fellow supporters, about the good times and the bad...so mate like my illness things will turn around for us in the future we just have to be strong.

I am sincerely glad things have turned around for you mate and I wish you good health. Loosing a footy game means really nothing when you put everything in perspective ......:x

DUB888

Juniors
Hi Rob 40+ years for myself and what is happening is DISGUSTING. This imposter and his staff need to be removed IMMEDIATELY. I support this forum and my team but need to distance myself until massive change occurs. I feel your pain.

bottle

Coach
There are good times and bad times, in life as in footy. Blood Shot Eyes' post affirms that.
Exit the forum if you like, that's neither here nor there. We're just here to have a gas bag anyway.
If you can't bring yourself to watch the team that's your call. For me, it just makes the inevitable turn around all that much sweeter when it comes, and it will.
Had you not experienced the 31 years of pain 2010 wouldn't have been as delicious as it was.
Watching your team lose isn't the end of the world, it's just a part of the experience of living in it.

tumbidragon

First Grade
There are good times and bad times, in life as in footy. Blood Shot Eyes' post affirms that.
Exit the forum if you like, that's neither here nor there. We're just here to have a gas bag anyway.
If you can't bring yourself to watch the team that's your call. For me, it just makes the inevitable turn around all that much sweeter when it comes, and it will.
Had you not experienced the 31 years of pain 2010 wouldn't have been as delicious as it was.
Watching your team lose isn't the end of the world, it's just a part of the experience of living in it.
Spot on bottle. Epic post.
Can't really add much other than I don't agree with where we are at at the moment. But Red V till I die. Simple as that.

Rob Dragon - Mate I am same age as you and spent every 2nd Sunday at Kogarah oval and every other sunday (and occassionaly Saturday afternoons) on the Sydney Rail and Bus network, and my pocket money, getting to away games.

My cousin and I had the John Chapman stand as 12 y.o. kids. I made it so it was as big as the "Ted Goodwin" stand - thanks Skull.

I still enjoy a very close bond with my Dad, but he has absolutely no interest in 'da fooddy'. He can't understand my passion for the Dragons.

Like going to a game believing that something I yell from the stands will be heard on the field ...and make a difference, (I once yelled something to Piggy Ridell and he turned around and laughed) so I post here on the forum in the hope that maybe, just maybe, someone from the club reads this stuff ...and hears the fans, and feels their pain. And does something about it.

Keep posting Brother Rob.

gregstar

Referee

I love my team.

I love my team.

I love my team.

▶ don't go bobby!!!!!!!!!!

GT0007

Juniors

You are a part of our family mate and we are all on the same side and thx for getting thru. You are a soldier!

GT0007

Juniors
This is the 1st time I've seen the fans bonding and it gives me hope that the team can too. Thx guys

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

f**k...sometimes we get carried away with league and forget the important things in life. Hope you're ok mate.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
f**k...sometimes we get carried away with league and forget the important things in life. Hope you're ok mate.

Thanks..... just like this mighty club and its supporters we will return to our glory days...may not be as quick as we would like but it will happen.....thanks to Rob Dragon for starting this thread and the wonderful people on here that respond with support makes me feel 10 feet tall.....we are after all only human and wear our heart on our sleeves when it comes to our team...sometimes we agree and sometimes we disagree with our fellow supporters comments and feelings on here.....BUT one thing I can guarantee when the chips are down for one of ours we will unite and be as one

Gomarchin

Juniors
As much as we bag Price and want him to go its Doust and the board that should be held accountable for this mess.

We could all see after our losses to the tigers and parra in rounds 24 & 25 last year that Price had to go but after an "independent" end of year review it was decided to keep Price on.

Redvpassion

Juniors

Hey Blood shot, Hope this illness stays away from you forever mate. Wish you all The best and all the success in the world.

Latest posts