What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Opinion For The Wcc Game

Leek UK

Juniors
Hi folks
This is what i feel would be a great idea for the world club challenge,below are a few examples.
I would get the NRL and SL bosses together and would hope both seasons would start at the same weekend.Three weeks before the season and after each of the champions from England and australia had played two trial games,i would have the WCC.
Now,i wouldnt go for having the game in England or Australia,i would have the game in Malaysia,in the city of Johor Bahru which has one of just two airports in malaysia.In Johor Bahru is the great 30,000 stadium the "Tan sri Hassan stadium".
Rugby union is poular in Malaysia and i feel if this game was marketed correctly it would no doubt be a sell out.
It would make a great holiday for both parties,and the flight times are approx -
From England to Malaysia - Approx 11 hours.
From Australia to Malaysia - Approx 8.5 hours.
It would cost fans money,however it would be a great experience for all involved.The aussies have been coming to the UK to watch the WCC now for 7 seasons and having the game in a warm,neutral country would stop all the critism people throw at the game and i feel people would take it more serious (ie- the clubs and fans).
For example say Canterbury Bulldogs win the NRL and the Leeds Rhinos win the SL,the squads could be -

Canterbury Bulldogs

Coach - Steve Folkes

1 Luke Patten
2 Hazem El Masri
3 Andrew Emelio
4 Willie Tonga
5 Matt Utai
6 Daniel Holdsworth
7 Brent Sherwin
8 Mark O Meley
9 Corey Hughes
10 Willie Mason
11 Reni Maitua
12 Andrew Ryan
13 Sonny Bill Williams

14 Chris Armit
15 Adam Perry
16 Brad Morrin
17 Cameron Phelps

18 Ben Roberts
19 Jarrod Hickley
20 Billy Ngawini

Leeds Rhinos -

Coach - Tony Smith

1 Brent Webb
2 Scott Donald
3 Clinton Toopi
4 Keith Senior
5 Lee Smith
6 Danny Mcguire
7 Rob Burrow
8 Ryan Bailey
9 Matt Diskin
10 Jamie Peacock
11 JJ Buchanan
12 Gareth Ellis
13 Kevin Sinfield

14 Jamie Thackray
15 Nick Scruton
16 Ali Lauitiiti
17 Jordan Tansey

18 Ashley Gibson
19 Kylie Leuluai
20 Nick Scruton

The city of Johar Bahru has many great Hotels (cheap) and some fantastic Hotels for all the family.
What do you all think ?

You can see a picture of the Tan sri Hassan stadium on www.worldstadiums.com

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good idea, it is only 4 1/2 hours from here! Might be a bit hot though if my visits to KL are anything to go by.

You have to realise in the UK 23,000 people paid around $45 each. Doubt we'd get the same income from Malaysia.

Why JB and not KL ? KL is a major hub, with a better stadium, a better city and a great place. There was talk of the tigers playing a match there at some point for Proton (a Malay company). As for the statement `one of 2 airports in Malaysia', me think you speaketh a lot of sh*t. In addition to KL and JB, Malaysia is served by major airports in Langkawi, Penang, Kuching, Sibu, Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Terengganu, Sandakan and a heap of others.

Playing the game somewhere in Asia with say a 9pm ko would also mean it's on at a reasonable hour in both countries and at that hour the weather is pleasant enough.

Danish

Referee
I wonder how many people would be willing to pay $1000+ to watch a trial game??

I'm guessing very, very few australian fans would attend (in fact, i'd say NONE would attend) and maybe 5% of those english fans who currently go to the WCC would make the effort to fly to Malaysia to watch the game as well.

Given the massive additional costs of transporting 2 teams to another country (as opposed to 1) the clubs would also eat into the already reduced profits from a pitiful crowd....

Sounds tops.

Just keep the thing in england. It draws a crowd, the english take it seriously and it advantages them enough to win most of the time and feel good about themselves (besides playing the roosters of course)

Leek UK

Juniors
nqboy said:
Another quality idea from leaking from the UK.

OK move it to ozz and we will jump off the plane and win it in front of 54000 fans in brisbane like wigan did;-)

nqboy

First Grade
Never mind that. Alternating venues with the years would be good but first they should try to align the seasons and play the game two weeks after the weekend when both GFs are held.

nqboy said:
Never mind that. Alternating venues with the years would be good but first they should try to align the seasons and play the game two weeks after the weekend when both GFs are held.

I've been saying that for years... it is probably the Super League that is the one that should move but they wont reduce the number of matches to allow for this. The problem is that the English season is much longer, with 28 regular matches plus cup weekends when there are no SL matches.

Leek UK said:
Hi folks

Now,i wouldnt go for having the game in England or Australia,i would have the game in Malaysia,in the city of Johor Bahru which has one of just two airports in malaysia.In Johor Bahru is the great 30,000 stadium the "Tan sri Hassan stadium".
Rugby union is poular in Malaysia and i feel if this game was marketed correctly it would no doubt be a sell out.

The city of Johar Bahru has many great Hotels (cheap) and some fantastic Hotels for all the family.
What do you all think ?

well i think your ideas are getting worse or is it typical english dry humour u r attempting. i'd say its the former or a combination of the 2 so please stop posting silly ideas. Please i beg of you, quick before i grab the noose.

Latest posts