What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My QLD Team

Dazzat

First Grade
dingalingbell said:
Here's my team (I am a pom but i support Qld in SOO)

Hunt
Inglis
Hodges
Slater
Tate
Lockyer
Thurston
Price
Smith
Civo
Webb
Carroll
Johnson

Berrigan
Crocker (If fit, if not Myles)
Ross
Thaiday

I just can't find a place for Bowen unfortunately. The only place i could see him is instead of Berrigan

Hunt always gets in for mine, one of the toughest teenagers have ever seen imo, and a big game player too, was outstanding in the tests.

PS have no club loyalties (am Warriors fan), so no bias, and I can't imagine anyone arguing with Steve Price' selection.

I agree with this team except Inglis in the centre and Slater on the wing.

I'd also look at Kaufusi for Ross depending on who fires this weekend. Matthew Scott and Dane Carlaw (yes, even Jane deserved a mention) are also possibilities for that one replacement forward/front row spot.

Dazzat

First Grade
Lillyman is one of those players, that when commentators talk about they'll end the sentence with ... "yeah, but he's tough." A defensive player mainly, but like alot of defensive players their attack developes the longer they play.

I'd prefer a lot of other players before Lillyman. With Johnson locking the scrum we need some strong running forwards. Game one last year we played Johnson and Stagg and paid the price.

bowen_1

Juniors
Lillyman is a bit of a Luke O'Donnell clone. He's a very hard worker in defense, and his attack is improving. He has bulked up in the off season i noticed.

skeepe

Immortal
skeepe's Queensland team a day out...

1. Matt Bowen
2. Billy Slater
3. Justin Hodges
4. Steve Bell
5. Greg Inglis
6. Johnathon Thurston (assuming Lockyer is injured, otherwise Thurston to 7)
7. Scott Prince
8. Steve Price
9. Camerone Smith
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Carl Webb
12. Neville Costigan
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Scott Logan
15. Sam Thaiday
16. Antonio Kaufusi
17. William Zillman

icewind

Juniors
wouldn't be any raiders bias there at all skeepe?

Thaiday I think is out for at least 4 weeks with a fractured eye socket.

Out of your raider guys, I think Costigan is the only guy in with a chance.

skeepe

Immortal
I agree, although Logan has been the real forward leader of the Raiders and definately deserves it ahead of blokes like Thorn or Carlaw, who in all probability will get picked ahead of him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Logan wouldnt look out of place, and i think Costigan SHOULD get a run, he's been awesome for us... Too early for zillman, another year or two should see him in SOO scene

I'd go with:

1. Hunt
2. Inglis
3. Bell
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Civo
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Costigan
12. Myles
13. Johnson

14. Berrigan
15. Carlaw
16. Carroll
17. Webb

Effectively then you have 4 forwards on the bench, with two who can fit into the backline if needed (Berrigan and Carroll).

League Legend

Juniors
League Legend said:
Here ya go guys, chew over this side. There are alot of players I would like to put in but I just don't think the selectors will go for them. I know on form Bowen should be in the side, but I just can't see where they are going to put him.

1. Hunt
2. Tate
3. Tonga
4. Hodges
5. Inglis
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Webb
12. Myles
13. Johnson
14. Berrigan
15. Lillyman
16. Carlaw
17. Kaufusi

Sort of came close with the team. lol

Hunt
Tate
Bell
Hodges
Inglis
Lockyer (c)
Thurston
Civoniceva
Smith
Price
Carroll
Webb
Johnson

Berrigan
Lillyman
Myles
Costigan

Geeze I really worry about that bench, not much size going on.

Latest posts