What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My retirement from LU. Start celebrating, you are all finally free of me.

Absolutely, in saying that, it's probably indicative of the wider bigoted society.

Bingo.

Sadly the ability of the average Australian to differentiate between a "Muslim" and a "Muslim extremist" is dubious at best.

I live in an area of Sydney where there is a high concentration of Muslims and so I am used to seeing them everyday. At my local mall, a Muslim can walk around in a burqa and no one bats an eye lid.

When I go to almost any other part of Sydney and see a Muslim in a burqa out and about, the difference is immediately noticeable. You can look around and see other people staring at them and making comments, I've seen people walk past them humming the music that is played when Darth Vader makes an entrance in Star Wars. I've also seen others approach Muslim Women and make comments about the reason they are hiding their face.

Without exception, all of the muslims that I know are peaceful and happy people.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
A week since D-day and what a week it was. Just momentarily suspending my retirement to reply to some of these 344 (wow, I expected the thread to die before it got to page 2) posts.

I'm actually surprised by the % of non hate posts that I saw. Some people had very kind words to say and I really appreciate that. I thank you for your balance, perspective and point of view.

Twizzle, at least I can admit my issues. You apparently detest me and yet find it worthwhile to check my last online time on a daily basis (at least). Do you have nothing better to do? To satisfy your curiosity I have been online a couple times in the last week to check if I had any messages. I didn't want anybody who took the time to message me to be ignored, I thought it was the decent thing to do. I was not "lurking" because that is stupid. You don't even need to log on to lurk. These aren't private threads. I may from time to time in the future get on to check for and reply to messages, my retirement was a retirement from forum posting.

To people who keep accusing me of supposedly derailing threads. You think that way because you insist on blaming me for the actions of others. Have I ever been talking to myself in a thread? No. Do I go offtopic or abuse like many do? No. The usual pattern would be I would make a single on topic post relevant to the thread or in response to a previous post. Then a dozen idiots would swarm in to abuse or mock me or what I said. End result, thread derailed. And somehow I keep getting blamed for that.

To the people who still cannot get over lies well over a year after the fact. You act like I'm the worst person on the planet. If my lies are the worst thing to have happened to you then you have bloody sheltered fortunate lives. Yes lying is wrong, yes if I had my time over I wouldn't have done it, but in the grand scheme of things my lies were extremely minor indiscretions. In this forum and in life in general people say/do worse things on a daily basis than the absolute worst of the worst of what I did. Try to have a proportionate response.

Anyway, sorry to bother you. Back to hibernation it is for me. Have a nice day (or night).

to summarise

I'm a liar.
*wank wank wank*
goodbye again
Can we change his name to John Farnham?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This thread went from lols, to serious, to lols again very quickly.

DB

First Grade
I go to Byron for Falls Festival, and get back and BM has retired.... What did you Firkers do?

God-King Dean

Immortal
All you need to do is read the Ferguson thread. If he was born again it wouldn't have made ten replies.

Disagree with this.

I think it's less to do with the religion itself, but rather the Mundine clique who just so happen to all follow the same religion. Mundine, Sonny-Bill, Paterson, Ferguson..... It's hilarious, & always gonna cop grief. And I believe it would cop the same shit if they were all Christian.

I don't recall any posts directly putting shit on Islam, only into the wankers connection to it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well she has respect for the belief but she is not what you would call a strict muslim