What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Team for next week

The Colonel

Immortal
He made more metres than anyone else. His handling let him down big time as did the lack of captaincy at crucial times.

Avenger

Immortal
The Colonel said:
He made more metres than anyone else. His handling let him down big time as did the lack of captaincy at crucial times.

Cayless' usually gets the first hit up from the kick off. This will always overstate his metres gained and mislead us into thinking that he gained more hard metres then he actually did.

Utey

Coach
They all struggled to make any yards. Our plays the balls were too slow.Couldnt make much of a foundation. They have adopted a up and in defence much similar to what we had going last year.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Avenger said:
Cayless' usually gets the first hit up from the kick off. This will always overstate his metres gained and mislead us into thinking that he gained more hard metres then he actually did.

That's how Vella's making everybody's "team for next week". He didn't make any hard metres either. But replacing either of them with Peek? No thanks, he only ever plays well against teams that are useless (ie. great against Manly in the finals, absolutely hopeless against North QLD).

Cayless doesn't do his job, he needs to be stripped of the captaincy and dropped to wake him up, then when he returns he shouldn't get the captaincy back - ever. Piggy's a better leader than him, and Tim is showing he has what it takes to do the job one day. I'd give Riddell the captaincy for now though.

Utey

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
That's how Vella's making everybody's "team for next week". He didn't make any hard metres either. But replacing either of them with Peek? No thanks, he only ever plays well against teams that are useless (ie. great against Manly in the finals, absolutely hopeless against North QLD).

Cayless doesn't do his job, he needs to be stripped of the captaincy and dropped to wake him up, then when he returns he shouldn't get the captaincy back - ever. Piggy's a better leader than him, and Tim is showing he has what it takes to do the job one day. I'd give Riddell the captaincy for now though.

Who would be in your side this friday? :?

fish eel

Immortal
nöyd said:
Picking the side on form???

I'd give Morris another match.

Give him the benefit of the doubt because he had no pre season.

Four weeks ago, we were all pumped that for once, we had stability in the halves and were starting the year with the same combination that we did last year. Big game Friday night, I'd stick with that.

fish eel

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:

Do you have something constructive to say...1 thru 17, whats your side?

fish eel

Immortal
Redback71 said:
is glenn morrison injured or something, seems lile everyone is leaving him out.

I think there is an expectation he may miss friday night due to the short turn around

Redback71

First Grade
1/wade mckinnion
2/ joel reddy
3/ tahu
4/ ben smith
5/ eric grothe
6/ jerremy smth
7/ tim smith
8/ cayless
9/ ridell
10/ stringer
11/ hindmarsh
12/ morrison
13/ brett delaney

14/ pj marsh
15/ widders
16/ o'dwyer
17/ vella

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
fish eel said:
Do you have something constructive to say...1 thru 17, whats your side?

Sorry mate, just making a point. If people are going to bag Cayless they shouldn't be praising Vella. They were as bad as eachother.

As pointless as it is (we all know Smithy won't change much, if anything) I'd name this side:

1. McKinnon
2. Reddy
3. B Smith
4. Delaney
5. Grothe
6. Mateo
7. T Smith
8. Cordoba
9. Riddell (c)
10. Stringer
11. Hindmarsh
12. Robinson
13. O'Dwyer

14. Marsh
15. Widders
16. Tsoulos
17. Taia

That's assuming Tahu and Morro aren't available. Last chance for Robbo, Inu 18th man if any of the back 5 aren't fit.

Jodeci

Bench
My Side for this Week:

1. Joel Reddy
2. Kristian Inu
3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe Jnr
6. Feleti Mateo if injured then Jeremy Smith
7. Tim Smith
8. Zorba
9. Piggy
10. Josh
11. Hindy
12. Robbo
13. Delaney

14. PJ
15. Cayless
16. Vella
17. Deano

Goal Kicking we have Joel and Inu (didn't kick well last Friday Night) and Piggy

fish eel

Immortal
I'm surprised so many people want to toss Delaney in at lock, considering he has had a few health/fitness issues and, to my knowledge, hasnt played there much at all.

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
I'm surprised so many people want to toss Delaney in at lock, considering he has had a few health/fitness issues and, to my knowledge, hasnt played there much at all.

Wanted to be considered in the forwards at the end of last season. Has played much of his lower grade career at lock and 5/8 with the Eels. Moved to the centres due to a lack of players forced through injury.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Does anyone know how Williams is going in PL?

My side:

1. McKinnon
2. Burt
3. B Smith
4. Delaney (assuming he is fit and Tahu isnt)
5. Grothe
6. O'Dwyer
7. T Smith
8. Vella
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Hindmarsh
12. Robinson
13. Morrison/Mateo

14. Marsh
15. Cayless
16. Widders
17. Cordoba/Tsolous

Morris to PL, Cayless to bench, hopefully that'll wake em up a bit.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah Id like to see him back, he's a bit like Grothe, got the size and speed, probably not the strength like Guru.

Utey

Coach
I remember his game last year vs souths. He got battered, black eyes but kept going. Big heart.

Latest posts