What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Team for next week

The Colonel

Immortal
1. McKinnon
2. Burt
3. Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mateo
7. Smith, T
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Hindmarsh
12. Taia
13. Morrison (O'Dwyer to cover)

14. Marsh
15. Widders
16. Vella
17. Tsoulos
18. O'Dwyer

Utey

Coach
True EEL said:
how does Robinson get a start from so many people....what has he doen this year?

Shouldnt have got a start last year. Deadset he is mediocre at best

Pazza

First Grade
We are really limiting out options by not having John Morris in the side. He might not be in the best form but he did throw that beautiful pass to Ben. thats good enough for me

True EEL

Bench
Haven't seen him play this year, but many people (including the Colonel above) are giving Mateo a shot at 5/8?

i know he gained some good experience in the ESL last year and must apparently be playing well in PL, so why not give him a go?

he could be great teamed up with Tim Smith in the halves, with him running off some good passes from Timmy and helping out in defence, his size makes him an interesting fit indeed

True EEL

Bench
<UPtheEELS> said:

i agree, although i contend that he did show soemthing last year, playing at lock, but he isn't doing enough at the moment to warrant a start, maybe not the bench even?

McKinnon
Burt/Reddy
Smith
Tahu
Grothe
Morris/Mateo
Smith
Wagon/Mateo
Cayless (c)
Hindmarsh
Stringer
Riddell
Tsoulos

Marsh
Widders
Vella
Lewis

O'Dwyer

and Fui Fui please hurry back (and this is assuimg that Morrison is out)

The Colonel said:
1. McKinnon
2. Burt
3. Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mateo
7. Smith, T
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Hindmarsh
12. Taia
13. Morrison (O'Dwyer to cover)

14. Marsh
15. Widders
16. Vella
17. Tsoulos
18. O'Dwyer

That's the team I would go with except now Mateo has done his shoulder so...and burty well I would just wack J williams or hayne in even if Williams has no game time this year he'd still be a better option than Burt! And cordoba who actually goes forward.

On another thread Jodeci said that Mateo had done his shoulder.

I would get back in Cordoba quick smart off the bench...the kid is tough!!

Jodeci

Bench
He done his shoulder late in the 1st half against The Magpies and didn't return.

He came back out onto the bench after having a shower and looked sore.
He threw a 20 metre cut out pass to set one of 2 tries for the eels in that half.

This kid is something special.

eelz47

Coach
peek had a shocking 1st half against wests on friday night, but he did turn it around in the 2nd half

Pazza

First Grade
Jodeci said:
He threw a 20 metre cut out pass to set one of 2 tries for the eels in that half.

Morris did the same thing, does anyone give a sh*t? NO

I got nothing against Mateo but he is going to have to do his time comming off the bench and performing well.

Form is tempory, class is perminate. Thats why i feel that by the time in counts (Finals) Morris will be firing

Jodeci

Bench
Pazza Morris threw a cut out pass when we had three blokes on one.

It was man on man defence when Mateo threw his pass.

lucablight

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
That's how Vella's making everybody's "team for next week". He didn't make any hard metres either. But replacing either of them with Peek? No thanks, he only ever plays well against teams that are useless (ie. great against Manly in the finals, absolutely hopeless against North QLD).

Cayless doesn't do his job, he needs to be stripped of the captaincy and dropped to wake him up, then when he returns he shouldn't get the captaincy back - ever. Piggy's a better leader than him, and Tim is showing he has what it takes to do the job one day. I'd give Riddell the captaincy for now though.

Thank god someone finally understands

lucablight

First Grade
True EEL said:
how does Robinson get a start from so many people....what has he doen this year?

<UPtheEELS> said:

I've been saying this all along but some people have the crazy fantasy that his defence is very important to the team.

Pazza

First Grade
lucablight said:
I've been saying this all along but some people have the crazy fantasy that his defence is very important to the team.

Maybe you've never played a game of football before but i know when i played the Tough defencive players were looked highly apon by team mates. While the supporters loved the centres, 5/8 so on. You might not like chad but i think the other 16 players out there love him.

lucablight

First Grade
Pazza said:
Maybe you've never played a game of football before but i know when i played the Tough defencive players were looked highly apon by team mates. While the supporters loved the centres, 5/8 so on. You might not like chad but i think the other 16 players out there love him.

Where are you getting this from? I have nothing personal against Chad. I'm just expressing my views for in the best interest of the team and I just don't believe Chad is a very good player. What tough defence are you talking about? Also as a backrower you would expect him to be making alot more metres than he is but he's just a passenger. As an Eels supporter I want to see the team do well including Chad but at the moment he is just not good enough and I don't know if he ever will be.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I just feel that Luke O'Dwyer has that something extra we need in the backrow and should be the starting lock, I don't have a massive problem with Chad it's just that he doesn't have that flare in attack to go with his great defence.

I wouldn't have a problem about giving him a bench spot though.

Latest posts