What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My theory on why Parramatta haven't won a Premiership since 1986

Maybe it's because we couldn't burn the new Stadium down in 1986 after winning (like we did in 1981), because it's made of concrete?

But then that shouldn't have been a problem after they knocked that new Stadium down to build another new Stadium on top of it for 2019....

Milhouse2020

Juniors
I can add to that. In the 1980's grand finals , we had a long eel on wheels that was 20m long and and round as a VW beetle. It had a wire frame and was covered in cloth. Along side the eel, we had white teenagers in budgie smugglers, blackfaced from head to toe carrying spears.

If there is a curse, then that's where it started.

Here's another possibility to put on the table. Can anyone provide further insight into this?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So why did Parra choke in that Grand Final? Asking for a friend.
Over 20+ regular season games they overachieved, mostly due to Smith’s tactical brilliance. Then on grand final day, against a team of champions, the ref let them hold us down in the ruck (in the first half anyway) and we got frustrated and kept turning the ball over.

T-Boon

Coach
They scored 3 tries in 20 mins. We where stunned.
The final 20 mins was 24-6 to the Eels. I dont even think we needed 10mins more to win it. We where coming home thwt fast id say 6 or 7 mins would have done it.
Andrew johns made some totally BS play (can’t remember it except like a bad dream you can’t remember properly) that but for that fluke we probably win as well.

Latest posts