What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My thoughts on the Melbourne Storm salary cap scandal

Fangs

Coach
I've seen far worthier threads get caved quicker.

Usually anti-Storm sentiment is dealt with more swiftly as well.

I think you're shooting at the NRL for the wrong reasons. I don't think the NRL was in on it at all. But there has to be something to the Storm not being punished more than they were.

The players had to know what they did. There should have been long suspensions for players and agents. They get to go around now throwing out how they still claim their premierships. f**k them.

Vee

First Grade
Had to click when I saw the title. Thought there was a new Storm scandal.

If it's trolling, it's wc bait.

Diesel

Referee
Nothing changed, the same for the bulldogs. Both hit with a fine, loss of points but both were back within 2 years lifting the trophy. Sure they shed some pkayers which were overpaid and underperforming but it was beneficial for both sides to be caught, because they won the comps in a short period of time

This Year?

Immortal
Congrats on getting your first pube
Did somebody say pube?
atkinsg-referees-2023_nrl_0125-body-shot.png

mozza91

Coach
Well said. I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make if any. Also it’s in no way too late or anything. 2010 was essentially yesterday.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Ugh, this photo f**ks me off. Pulling the siege mentality as a bunch of cheats, and my side (the Warriors) got absolutely poleaxed the next week as the Storm played for no points and carried that BS 'we're hard done by and we're going to kill you' mentality for a couple of weeks.

So much to unpack there - Craig 'I knew nothing, yet as the coach I like to know everything' Bellamy, GI walking along thinking about the speedboat in his driveway, Cam Smith who manages himself and undoubtedly had a few paper bags flung his way, and at least two other known criminals in that group as well (Tandy and Finch).

Perth Red

Post Whore
At least storm and sharks cheated the cap and won titles, eels cheated and were still sht lol

Milhouse2020

Juniors
I think you're shooting at the NRL for the wrong reasons. I don't think the NRL was in on it at all. But there has to be something to the Storm not being punished more than they were.

The players had to know what they did. There should have been long suspensions for players and agents. They get to go around now throwing out how they still claim their premierships. f**k them.

Of course the players knew what was happening. The NRL didn't punish them because there would have been a lot of singing about the true scale of the salary cap rorts that it would've made affected a lot more people.

The more you know.

Latest posts