What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery new club in bid for Tuqiri

jed

First Grade
simon says said:
Read on mate...he wants to go into politics.......:lol:
Where other than mark123's post does it say that Tuquiri is headed to politics in Canberra?

Perhaps I should suggest Tuquiri's AFL-bound so that he can be on Dancing With The Stars, holds as much credibility as the Canberra rumour

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Ziggy the God said:
Do you realise that a big chunk of that is third party payments, meaning Souths didn't give it to him, thus not coming under the Salary Cap?

I'm no accountant so can someone please explain these third party deals and how it doesn't contravene the salary cap?

murraymob

Coach
Inferno said:
My guess is the Panthers;-)
Penrith are cashed up and will be signing at least 2 high profile players one a front rower . But the club has plenty of wingers we do not need any more

gunnamatta bay said:
I'm no accountant so can someone please explain these third party deals and how it doesn't contravene the salary cap?

under the new cap teams are allowed up to two players to receive an extra $50,000 a year from third party sponsons and it isnt inclued in the cap.

i think you can use the whole $100k on 1 player if you like too.

murraymob said:
Penrith are cashed up and will be signing at least 2 high profile players one a front rower . But the club has plenty of wingers we do not need any more

i very much doubt its the panthers but Luke Rooney is off contract so we only could sign 2 players if we let him go IMO.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
herbert henry1908 said:
under the new cap teams are allowed up to two players to receive an extra $50,000 a year from third party sponsons and it isnt inclued in the cap.

I believe that any other sponsors that the player gets, that are not sponsors of the club, also fall outside the cap. Yes, you can now drive a truck through it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
murraymob said:

Tahu would defintely be one of those players.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
herbert henry1908 said:

Is there a link somewhere to this information? Not doubting you just want to check out the official policy.

simon says

First Grade
mark123 said:
thats right.

tuqiri is going to canberra where he hopes to rub shoulders with parlimentarians.

he will pursue a career in politics

Lookie lookie....

Suely Raider fans can see he is taking the piss.....I know some are little challenged....:lol:

Spike

First Grade
Perhaps whichever club/code finally ends up overpaying for Lote's signature, he'll manager to break a line. That being the line at the bank to cash his first cheque

Stagger eel

Staff member
Spike said:
Perhaps whichever club/code finally ends up overpaying for Lote's signature, he'll manager to break a line. That being the line at the bank to cash his first cheque

he may drop it though like he did with the ball last night :lol:

Mal Meninga

Bench
Lote has been playing well below his best for quite some time now. Looks like he's lost abit of quickness and general attacking ability from being starved of the ball so much.
He's comparable to the Volcano right now, and Vainokolo isn't worth 800k per season.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mal Meninga said:
Lote has been playing well below his best for quite some time now. Looks like he's lost abit of quickness and general attacking ability from being starved of the ball so much.
He's comparable to the Volcano right now, and Vainokolo isn't worth 800k per season.

well that's what that game does to you..

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
ive read some sh*t about 3rd party payments on here. This 'loophole' simply means that if the player is able to attract sponsorship dollars that doesnt relate him as a Souths player or associate him with the NRL (like they could say RL player, but not NRL player) then those payments are not counted within the cap. What holmes a court refers to when he is talking about Lote's marketablity, is RL's superior fanbase to RU, which means sponsors are likely to pay Lote more if he was with RL than if he was with RU.

Latest posts