What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naiqama and McManus first Priorities

MSKnight

Juniors
On the NRL Summertime interviews they both stated they both want to play centres this year.

McManus has played most of his juniors there, could you see them taking the 3 and 4?

Gidley
Vuna/Uate?
McManus
Naiqama
Mad Dog?

Bicey_18

Bench
Adam and Wes will be the centres..... that has been pretty well stated im sure.

I do think Luke and James will be on the wings

Ben

Bench
I still think Vuna deserves a wing spot. I really dont see Mad Dog doing much this year to be honest.

Spitty

Juniors
I think after a sensational performance in the last round last year Vuna has earnt the right to start the season on the wing. But I think Smithy has a lot of respect for Mad Dog and if Mad dog has any influence over Smithy then the Mcdougall's will control one side of the field.

perverse

Referee
Johns Magic said:
1. Kidley
2. L MacDougall
3. Naiqama
4. McManus
5. Vuna

with Uate to come in at some stage
spot on the money, that's EXACTLY how i'd play it this year too.. i really hope that's the way it goes. as much as i love the mad dog.. i think his time has come.

keeney

First Grade
I doubt it will go that way, but that is probably the best backline we can field for now.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think either Uate or Vuna would provide some much needed speed in the backs and provide an extra dimension. Also very keen to see mad pup go round, I said at the beginning of last season we should have signed him instead of adam, he's got a pretty impressive try scoring record and should be coming into his prime right about now

keeney

First Grade
Luke has had a lot of time to prove himself without his brother, and really hasn't, he's 25, been at 3 clubs? Yet to establish himself.

Bicey_18

Bench
Your not serious are you?

When Adam was injured at souths and Luke was on the wing he was killing it!

McDougall would have a position cemented for sure, his experience in defence is well needed, after a pretty disastorous season from Newcastle, It will benefit Naiqama in defence too, he has pretty average defence at best.

NthKnight

Rabbitohs2005 said:
McDougall would have a position cemented for sure, his experience in defence is well needed, after a pretty disastorous season from Newcastle, It will benefit Naiqama in defence too, he has pretty average defence at best.

You love pushing the MacDougall wheel barrow dont ya

I dont give a rats what his defence was like at the Bunnies cause some of his defencive reads for Newcastle last season were nothing short of aweful. There are serious ?? over the likelyhood of him getting a start in the centres considering the competition for spots this season.

NthKnight said:
You love pushing the MacDougall wheel barrow dont ya

I dont give a rats what his defence was like at the Bunnies cause some of his defencive reads for Newcastle last season were nothing short of aweful. There are serious ?? over the likelyhood of him getting a start in the centres considering the competition for spots this season.

and he happens to be the best defensive player in the Knights backline. Naiqama will be lost in defence, if he doesnt have an experienced partner.

Johns Magic

Referee
Rabbitohs2005 said:
and he happens to be the best defensive player in the Knights backline. Naiqama will be lost in defence, if he doesnt have an experienced partner.

Stop talking about what you don't understand.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
Rabbitohs2005 said:
and you got no good reply, so stop contradicting someone else.

He looked rather shakey last year. In fact rushed up out of the line and happend to cost us a game against the rabbits then did it again vs roosters. He fired in only a few games last year, I respect how mad dog has played but he is past it we have better people for our back line.

Johns Magic

Referee
Rabbitohs2005 said:
and you got no good reply, so stop contradicting someone else.

MacDougall's defensive weaknesses have already been covered by everyone else.

You clearly didn't watch him last year.

macavity

Referee
Johns Magic said:
MacDougall's defensive weaknesses have already been covered by everyone else.

You clearly didn't watch him last year.

he is looking very lean and absolutely cut - best shape ive ever seen him in.

having said that he would appear the odd man out - especially given his at times woeful defence last year.

IMO Naiqama is first 3/4 picked, McManus 2nd - and I think by the end of the year 2 of little Doogs, Uate and Vuna will fill the spots.

Johns Magic

Referee
macavity said:
he is looking very lean and absolutely cut - best shape ive ever seen him in.

having said that he would appear the odd man out - especially given his at times woeful defence last year.

IMO Naiqama is first 3/4 picked, McManus 2nd - and I think by the end of the year 2 of little Doogs, Uate and Vuna will fill the spots.

I'll miss the bloke a lot when he's gone, but I really think his time's winding down