What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name one Bolter for each of the Tri-Nations Squads

Misty Bee

First Grade
Dean Young has more hype around him than the bloody Queen at the moment. It's the most certain thing that he'll tour with about 7 other Dragons - even if Wests wollop them this weekend.

Bolters - there's a few of 'em. I'd love to see Steve Southern and Paul Stringer go. Eric Grothe is so far in front of the No. 2 winger in the NRL it aint funny. However, the Oz 3/4 line will have 4 centres - pick the jumper for Matt King, Gasnier, Berrigan and Hooper - Tahu to shadow.

Pressed for ONE bolter though-

Oz - Tim Smith
NZ - Nathan Cayless
Poms - Ian Hindmarsh

Scott

Bench
Berrigan isn't even in the train on squad!

Nathan Cayless has said he is unavailable for the tour because his partner is due. He is available for the Oct 15 and 22nd games though.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
the Oz 3/4 line will have 4 centres - pick the jumper for Matt King, Gasnier, Berrigan and Hooper - Tahu to shadow.

Pressed for ONE bolter though-

Oz - Tim Smith
NZ - Nathan Cayless
Poms - Ian Hindmarsh

berrigan is not going to england
Cayless isnt really a bolter.

Mr Saab

Referee
The Colonel said:
I
Some of Bennett's selections this year have been interesting to say the least.

they have been. Thats why i want bellamy to coach the team if he was available to.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Charlie Saab said:
true, but remember he is just 19.
he might be a bust, he might not. But he has many yrs to try and get a maroon jersey.

So even IF hunt was at his best, would you select him? I tell you one thing, I'd still select Bowen or Slater!

Mr Saab

Referee
lockyno1 said:
So even IF hunt was at his best, would you select him? I tell you one thing, I'd still select Bowen or Slater!

we have not seen hunt at his best so i cant answer that question...no one can. We shall see how he is going in 2007/8. Personally i think he would make a better lock. He is too big for fullback.
Remember this is just his 2nd season and he is only 19.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Charlie Saab said:
we have not seen hunt at his best so i cant answer that question...no one can. We shall see how he is going in 2007/8. Personally i think he would make a better lock. He is too big for fullback.
Remember this is just his 2nd season and he is only 19.

Lock? You are kidding right? He can't defend, how many times has someone beaten him one-on-one! Now I don't expect him to come up with every one, as I is difficult but jeez even Bowen is better defensively! He won't be lock at the broncos anyway, there are too many good ones, as you should know!

Mr Saab

Referee
just because he misses tackles at the back when players have room to move, doesnt mean he would miss them in the middle of the ruck playing in tight. He has the size to play in tight...more so than play at the back where he isnt so quick.
Where are all these great Bronco locks? TC is coming to an end. Costigan is raw and mistake riddled. Stagg can play 2nd row.
Hunt is not a fullback in terms of physique, but we shall see where he ends up. I dont expect him to be a fullback for the next 12 yrs thats for sure.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Charlie Saab said:
just because he misses tackles at the back when players have room to move, doesnt mean he would miss them in the middle of the ruck playing in tight. He has the size to play in tight...more so than play at the back where he isnt so quick.
Where are all these great Bronco locks? TC is coming to an end. Costigan is raw and mistake riddled. Stagg can play 2nd row.
Hunt is not a fullback in terms of physique, but we shall see where he ends up. I dont expect him to be a fullback for the next 12 yrs thats for sure.

Who is the lock for the Clysdales! He is pretty good from what I have seen. I see Thaiday as a lock as well. Stagg can play 2nd row, but is probally better suited to lock. I just can't see him being better than any of those at club level let alone being able to crack the Origin side!

Mr Saab

Referee
thaiday a lock????? no way. He will make his mark in the front row.
I am not saying that WILL play Lock anytime soon. I dont know whay wayne is doing there. I just think he will make a better Lock than fullback.
how many players played for Brisbane this yr that were rookies? The starting pack on sudnay had an avg age of over 30! That doesnt cut it in the NRL.
As for origin, who knows. As i said, he is only 19 and has played 50 games of league.
He might never make it as a fullback...there is also Greg Inglis who is on the scene. I rate him highly.

Kiwi

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Who is the lock for the Clysdales! He is pretty good from what I have seen. I see Thaiday as a lock as well. Stagg can play 2nd row, but is probally better suited to lock. I just can't see him being better than any of those at club level let alone being able to crack the Origin side!

Thaiday a lock...do you have rocks in your head? Lock for the Broncos needs to be a play maker/strong runner ect type lock.

Hunt hasn't had the best year, but then he hasn't had the support at the back either. Sure guys like Bowen ect pull off good tackles every now and again, but they know they have guys like Sing and Williams backing them up in attack and defense. Hunt has Minto and Bott, two nuffies who can't tackle period, are crap under the high ball, never seem to help bring the ball back and it all pretty much gets left to Hunt. As soon as we fix our winger problem we'll see what Hunt can really do.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Charlie Saab said:
thaiday a lock????? no way. He will make his mark in the front row.
I am not saying that WILL play Lock anytime soon. I dont know whay wayne is doing there. I just think he will make a better Lock than fullback.
how many players played for Brisbane this yr that were rookies? The starting pack on sudnay had an avg age of over 30! That doesnt cut it in the NRL.
As for origin, who knows. As i said, he is only 19 and has played 50 games of league.
He might never make it as a fullback...there is also Greg Inglis who is on the scene. I rate him highly.

Ok fair enough. All I was saying is that there are at LEAST 3 better locks than him, and they are not old! Inglis I agree with you!

roopy

Referee
Aus - Kurt Gidley

He got MOTM in the recent game in PNG and was 18th man in SOO last season because he is being groomed for rep honours. He has had a horror year with injuries, but is finally fit now.

Kurt can cover every position from 1 to 7 at a pinch - which makes him an ideal utility back for the squad.

lockyno1

Post Whore
roopy said:
Aus - Kurt Gidley

He got MOTM in the recent game in PNG and was 18th man in SOO last season because he is being groomed for rep honours. He has had a horror year with injuries, but is finally fit now.

Kurt can cover every position from 1 to 7 at a pinch - which makes him an ideal utility back for the squad.

They couldn't possibly be that stupid! OMG Wing covers the same number of positions plus hooker!

roopy

Referee
lockyno1 said:
They couldn't possibly be that stupid! OMG Wing covers the same number of positions plus hooker!
I can't remember where I read it, but the guys who played in PNG were told that they would be looked at for possible inclusion in the tour (an incentive to get them to go). Kurt played great, and his only other rep game (for country last year) he also had a blinder.

I doubt they will pick him, but the selectors will discuss him for sure - and he could be a bolter.

ozbash

Referee
carbuncle is a traitorous bastard and bennett is welcome to him.

aussie- brett hodgeson ?
nz-alex chan
gb-ali lauiititi

winnyason

Juniors
well it may not be a bolter the way 6 is looking for nz in the first two tri nations games, depinding how bradford go in playoffs ie robbie paul, we could see mt albert's & cut parra 5/8 bernie peranara at 6 until robbis is avail, the reality is benji is not playing.

Latest posts