What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name the new SCG granstand

How did Keith Miller not make the team of the century? He'd be a shoe in.

maybe the criteria was they had to start with NSW or at least come from NSW?

otherwise i agree , strange he's not there.

Although in saying that i dont think he would be an appropriate choice for the new stand.

I'm going against the trend a little on this.I don't see why it has to be called ".... stand" so I'm voting it be called the "Waugh Zone" after Steve and Mark.Apart from both cricketers deserving the recognition it sounds pretty cool as well.

Timbo

Staff member
I'm going against the trend a little on this.I don't see why it has to be called ".... stand" so I'm voting it be called the "Waugh Zone" after Steve and Mark.Apart from both cricketers deserving the recognition it sounds pretty cool as well.

Tommy Smith

Referee
What's wrong with that suggestion?

Nothing...apart from the fact that it would be inappropriate to name a stand of Sydney's most traditional home of sport, where great social times and family fun have been had for over a century, a 'Waugh Zone' because it sounds like 'War Zone'.

It's important to remember that although it sounds 'cool', a war zone isn't actually a cool thing at all. And considering the SCG is an Aussie icon that has come to symbolise 'good times' over the last 100 years i would think it abit odd to give one of it's new stands a name that brings to mind two of the worst events of that same century - namely WWI and WWII.

Timbo

Staff member
What's wrong with that suggestion?

Nothing...apart from the fact that it would be inappropriate to name a stand of Sydney's most traditional home of sport, where great social times and family fun have been had for over a century, a 'Waugh Zone' because it sounds like 'War Zone'.

It's important to remember that although it sounds 'cool', a war zone isn't actually a cool thing at all. And considering the SCG is an Aussie icon that has come to symbolise 'good times' over the last 100 years i would think it abit odd to give one of it's new stands a name that brings to mind two of the worst events of that same century - namely WWI and WWII.

Yep, that's largely what I was shooting for.

JJ

Immortal
never happen, but Allan Davidson was a champion in every sense...

Ray Lindwall? Tiger??