What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name three that will have a massive year?

Geohood

Bench
From Roosters:
- Iosia Soliola
- Anthony Minichiello
- Anthony Tupou/Amos Roberts
Wildcard: Braith Anasta

Beaver Menzies (mainly because he needs to, If many want to replace bK he is the man to take his game up another notch)

Dean Collis (With Marshall their for the full year he will flourish)

Iosia Soliola (Along with Collis these 2 are the best 2 up and coming centers going around by a fairly decent way, Soli now rates ahead of Collis for mine due to his Tri Nations last year, and I can sense that he will build on that with a big year, and push for another Kiwi center birth when they have their full compliment of players there)

smokey-Brett Finch (he will only kick it out on the full 5 times a game with the fear that Tim Smith will yell back at him)

miccle

Bench
Dean Young - Already imo one of the best backrower utilities going around. He will really step up for the Dragons, I fear, and will be the driving force behind their premiership push in the absence of their departed senior players.

Anthony Minichiello - This bloke is dynamic enough at the best of times, but a year on the sidelines seeing great competition get his rep jerseys will have him firing. I don't really know how the Roosters will go this year, but I'm pretty certain Mini will do everything he can to reclaim his mantle.

Preston Campbell - He's really ready to stamp his authority in the game IMO, and a season where NSW has big question marks over the 6 and 7 sky blue jersey will present a perfect opportunity for Campbell. He'll relish taking on a senior role at a new club.

There we go - 3 and not one Bronco! As unbiased as you like, without even trying.

Jono078

Referee
Danny Buderus - I been saying it for a while but I think he is set for a huge year, it's been his first real off season in something like 5 years, will be fresh and firing.

2 others I see having a big year are Simon Mannering and Micheal Ennis.

Charlie124

First Grade
From Cowboys.

Matt Bowen
Jonathon Thurston
Aaron Payne

All other clubs.

Mini
Chris Walker
Peachey

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Inglis - will just continue to show what utter class he has.
Peachey - Another season of quality
Hilder - will prove to be an awesome signing for the titans.

Inferno

Coach
Mr Angry said:
Inglis - will just continue to show what utter class he has.
Peachey - Another season of quality
Hilder - will prove to be an awesome signing for the titans.

Nice picks Mr Angry.

Only person I'd add to the list is Mick Crocker, he missed a fair bit of last year through injury and suspension, so I'd expect him to be champing at the bit to stamp his authority on the field for the Storm, the Maroons and possibly Australia.

Big Mick

Referee
Matt Hilder - Always an under-rated player and will always go hard. I rate him, think he'll have a great year.

Jack Afamasanga - I think a change of club will help him alot. I rate his abilities as a versitile prop for some time. I think he'll go good at Manly.

Joe Williams - My wildcard choice. I think under Jason Taylor he may mature as a young halfback. He will become a leader at Souths, improve his defence, take the line on more and be the halfback South's need him to be. Well here's hoping.

simon says

First Grade
I pick Michaels and Eastwood for the Broncos.....I rate both very highly and I expect them to get a really good chance in firsts this year.

Sugar

Bench
Ryan Hoffman to have a big year and grab an origin jersey
Matt Bowen to Score a heap of tries
John Sutton to regain 2005 form at 5/8

Big Mick

Referee
I also think Wade McKinnon will have a massive year. I think he is a tremendously under-rated fullback...and I think he is tremendously difficult player to tackle. Will be an asset to the Warriors both in attack and defence.

Big Mick © said:
I also think Wade McKinnon will have a massive year. I think he is a tremendously under-rated fullback...and I think he is tremendously difficult player to tackle. Will be an asset to the Warriors both in attack and defence.

Bingo!!! I totally forgot about him....Early contender for buy of the year.