What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name three that will have a massive year?

Dutchy

Immortal
Anthony Watmough
Brett Stewart
Jamie Lyon

dont really pay attn to other clubs players

Disco

Bench
Sonny Fai (Warriors) - Breakout year

Manese Manafokoa (Souths) - learn plenty from Asotasi, Kidwell etc come on in leaps and bounds

Anthony Watmough (Manly) - Step up in BK'S absence to return to 05 form

kooriguy

Juniors
preston campbell - super consistent and loves new challenges
greg inglis - will be a revalation at 5/8 watch out locky
frank pritchard - was just starting to come into career form at end of last year and will use his brother as motivation for a big year

mattyg

Bench
Daniel Holdsworth
Jarrod Hickey
Robbie Farah
Anfomy watm00

couldn't split the 4 down to 3, so i went with 4

mxlegend99

Referee
IMO:

Greg Inglis.... an obvious choice, but he will definitely be a contender for 5/8 of the year.

Anthony Minichello.... this guy would have missed playing League so badly. He will be giving 110% to get an AUstralian jersey, and shouldn't have any issues claiming a NSW jersey. Hodgson did nothing to risk him losing it.

Darren Lockyer... he won't top last year. But he has had a lot of pressure lifted from him with QLD winning, Australia winning, Broncos winning. If he lost all 3 this year, he wouldn't be the one in the firing line as in the past. He can just relax and enjoy his footy. And probably win for QLD and Australia with ease.

Now for the biased picks:
Brett Firman... playing for a contract. Was a massive talent way back when, and i think that he has the motivation to get back to his best form.

Peewee Moke... Centre, 5/8 and Lock. Big, fast, powerful. If he keeps injury free this year, he will be an insane bench player, with a lot of versatility.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Ben Ross (After his injury last year he should be ready to lead the sharks pack with a big year).
Michael Gordon (great for us last year, should be able to have an even better 07).
John Sutton (I think JT will get this guy to play to his potential).

langpark

First Grade
Friend - Finally at a club where he can be the top #9, hopefully he recovers from injury quick.
Kahler - He should make the top 17 at Titans most weeks and i think this will be his year.
Walker - i think he'll do a 'Hodges' this year. (which means he'll stop being a prick and play some good footy)

I also think Mark Minichello too. all Coast players i know, hope we see it happen.

yobbo84

Coach
Besides the obvious guys like Inglis and co:

Nathan Merritt (Rabbitohs) - Playing outside Widders, Sutton and Vagana I can see another year of 20+ tries coming for Max. Could potentially squeeze his way into City v Country.

Anthony Tupou (Roosters) - This guy has loads of talent. His natural ability seemed to be countered by Stuart's one-dimensional tactics. Under a new coach he could become the impact player of the competition. Well that's what Roosters fans will be hoping. Man I miss watching Palea'aesina.

Richard Williams (Dragons) - Loads of talent, loads of potential, loads of issues. Head down bum up and this guy could be the Rookie of 2007.

Others to watch: Feleti Mateo (Eels), Dave Taylor (Broncos), Michael Jennings (Panthers).

Latest posts