What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name your 5 Hardest players of all time and 5 overated

NPK

Bench
I guess there is more media hype these days so there is more chance of a current player to be perceived as overrated...

stevo04

Juniors
Sir Don said:
Ever seem to notice Easts wankers when a penrith player is mentioned they are either cats or cant play they still cant get over being SMASHED in last years GF can they[/quote

If you want to put dirt on other teams you should at least have the guts to mention which team you support.
My guess is you know nothing about league and you support a lowly ranked team and have massive jealousy towards the BENCHMARK team.

What supporter would not want their team in the GF for 3 out of 4 years,I am very happy with their performance and believe we will go one better this year.

Sydney Roosters ,the Broncos of the 2000,s every ones jealous. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh by the way here are my 5:

Hardest-1Dean Pay
2Cement Gillespie
3Adrian Morley
4Ruben Wiki
5Kevin Hastings

Overated-1Braith Anasta
2Willie Mason
3Reece Wesser
4-Brent Tate
5-Mat Gidley

Southernsaint

Staff member
stevo04 said:
If you want to put dirt on other teams you should at least have the guts to mention which team you support.
My guess is you know nothing about league and you support a lowly ranked team and have massive jealousy towards the BENCHMARK team.

What supporter would not want their team in the GF for 3 out of 4 years,I am very happy with their performance and believe we will go one better this year.

Sydney Roosters ,the Broncos of the 2000,s every ones jealous. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Benchmark team?? They weren't the most consistent last year, that was Penrith. They didn't win the Grand Final last year, that was Penrith too. Some benchmark.

It's a bit early to be calling Easts the Brisbane of the 2000's. One Premiership doesn't make a dynasty...

Cheers,
Ben S.

stevo04

Juniors
when I said Broncs of the 2000,s I meant with peoples jealousy towards them,comments like salary cap rorters,overated etc.
Oh I am only repeating what critics are saying Benchmark ,I hear it every second day "still the bench mark this year".
Whilst penrith won the minor and major prizes the dogs and roosters still finished ahead both in attack and defence respectively.

And around and around and around we go
Sure-they can say they are the benchmark as such but they stumbled at the end

Back to topic-What about Webecke for toughness or Campion-Now there are some modern day warriors.

Johns Magic

Referee
Overrated:

Buderus
Gidley
Tahu

What the?
Tahu sh!ts on both hegarty and walker as a winger and player, not to mention byrne. Hegarty's 'excellent' dummy half runs are average, and he cant create tries. Walker couldnt tackle to save his life- all he has is speed, and no idea defensively. Byrne is just a slow, talentless hack who gets chased down by ageing back rowers when in the clear. :lol:
Tahu has speed, a step, is a great athlete, and is sound defensively. Sure, he had a short three game slump at the beginning of 2003, but everyone has form slumps (just ask Brett Finch) :oops: .

Gidley was never that poor in defence, but he has improved ten-fold in the last couple of years. Hodges is a top-class centre, better than Gidley in my opinion, but Cross :roll: He has no combination with his winger (which is actually one of Gidsley's strengths- he creates things), although he is quite solid defensively. I am amazed by people who claim that he should play state, when players such as Hodges, Gidley, Lewis, Girdler, Macdougall, Cooper, Gasnier, Lyon( [-o<) ,and young talents such as Harris are all ahead of him.
I'd pick Gidley over Cross anyday.

I'm hoping that when you said Buderus, it was out of jealousy due to him being in front of Wing on a representative level( who is also an excellent player), simply because only an idiot with no idea about league whatsoever would make such a comment, but its understandable, because you're one of those rooster bandwagon fans :lol:

I don't have any thing against most rooster fans, just the d!ckheads like you, who frequent this forum just to give their sunsilk boys a rap.

Hardest:
M. Lang (he just keeps going and going)
J. Sattler (Playing with a broken jaw, what else do you need?),
Wiki ( just watch a Raiders match),
Kennedy( Plays injured frequently, and still tops the tackle count)
Campion (this guy is a machine)
Honourable Mention:
Johns ( tackles opposition forwards and comes off best e.g. Steve Price in 2003)
MG( Very intimidating),
Nutley( gives his all),
Webcke( he is a beast),
O'Meley (plays well above his weight)
Over rated:
Hegarty,
C.Walker,
Parsons( for such a big guy, he runs like a girl),
Devere( slow, not skillful, poor in attack- good kicker though),
Tallis( Has been poor ever since his neck-injury, which is sad, because he was a devestating player)
Honourable Mentions:
Mark Hughes (great guy, disappointing player- too slow, small and uncreative),
P. Bailey ( lucky to make NSW),
Finch ( No explanation needed),
Menzies ( Past it),
Meyers( just plain crap)
Slater( great in attack, but needs work defensively and under the high ball)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns is a pussy
as for ian roberts, he was definatly one of the toughest barstards to play the game, definatly one gay bloke i wouldnt crack a joke at :lol:

stevo04

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
Overrated:

Buderus
Gidley
Tahu

What the?
Tahu sh!ts on both hegarty and walker as a winger and player, not to mention byrne. Hegarty's 'excellent' dummy half runs are average, and he cant create tries. Walker couldnt tackle to save his life- all he has is speed, and no idea defensively. Byrne is just a slow, talentless hack who gets chased down by ageing back rowers when in the clear. :lol:
Tahu has speed, a step, is a great athlete, and is sound defensively. Sure, he had a short three game slump at the beginning of 2003, but everyone has form slumps (just ask Brett Finch) :oops: .

Gidley was never that poor in defence, but he has improved ten-fold in the last couple of years. Hodges is a top-class centre, better than Gidley in my opinion, but Cross :roll: He has no combination with his winger (which is actually one of Gidsley's strengths- he creates things), although he is quite solid defensively. I am amazed by people who claim that he should play state, when players such as Hodges, Gidley, Lewis, Girdler, Macdougall, Cooper, Gasnier, Lyon( [-o&lt, post: ,and youg talents such as Harris are all ahead of him.
I'd pick Gidley over Cross anyday.

I'm hoping that when you said Buderus, it was out of jealousy due to him being in front of Wing on a representative level( who is also an excellent player), simply because only an idiot with no idea about league whatsoever would make such a comment, but its understandable, because you're one of those rooster bandwagon fans :lol:

I don't have any thing against most rooster fans, just the d!ckheads like you, who frequent this forum just to give their sunsilk boys a rap.

Hardest:
Nutley ( Gives his all),
J. Sattler (Playing with a broken jaw, what else do you need?),
Johns( you should see the tackles he makes on big forwards),
MG(Intimidation factor),
Kennedy( Plays injured frequently, and still tops the tackle count)

Over rated:
Hegarty,
C.Walker,
Tallis( Has been poor ever since his neck-injury, which is sad, because he was a devestating player)[/quote"]

I agree with you on some points ,Hegarty is more winger than centre and Byrne is slow ,whilst walker can be devastating in attack you will find his defence will improve being next to Hodges.
As for Buderas I think he is the best hooker going around as is Wing,whilst Tahu has had major cases of dropsises over the last 2 years but can be good whilst Gidley as I have said he is overated because of his defence,hence the knickname turnstyles also his flick pass is too predictable these days.

What is a Rooster bandwagon fan?

Johns Magic

Referee
Johns is a pussy

What is your reasoning? Have you watched him play in an defence? He is a gun tackler.

Don't have a go at Johns' tackling when Mclinden misses plenty- no offence meant

Raider_69

Post Whore
im not having a go at his tackling
i just dont think he is hard at all, he is a pussy and despite what many media outlets would have you believe he isnt the best player to ever play the game and he is no where near the top 2000 hardest players ever

Tommy Smith

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Overrated:

Buderus
Gidley
Tahu

Over rated:
Hegarty,
C.Walker,
Tallis( Has been poor ever since his neck-injury, which is sad, because he was a devestating player)
:blahb: :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= There's always one.

You need to relax abit. Maybe you should try taking yoga classes...

I name five overrated players, as was asked, of which three happened to be Knights players and it leads to a very emotional Knights fan pouring his heart out on why im wrong. Fair enough if you disagree and just want to give an opinion...but calling me a dickhead is goin abit far...i mean that's just hurting my feelings.

Incase you didn't notice, no-one else has whinged like a little bitch when a player from their club has been named as overrated so stop whining. You called Hegarty and Walker overrated and thats fine by me...i wont cry about it.

Johns Magic

Referee
What is a Rooster bandwagon fan?

One of the many Roosters 'fans' who only support them when they're winning.

Hegarty is more winger than centre

Thats what I said
Gidley as I have said he is overated because of his defence,hence the knickname turnstyles also his flick pass is too predictable these days.

while I can see where you're coming from, his defence has improved alot since 2002, and while he is still not a great defender, he is quite solid. Also, I do agree on the flick-pass thing, but its still effective

whilst Tahu has had major cases of dropsises over the last 2 years

It was more a three game slump than anything else, although he is still not 1st class handling-wise

darb

Juniors
Hardest Toughest Meanest

Terry Randall
Dallas Donnelly
Johnny Sattler
Tommy Raudonikas
Bubba Gearin

oh well 4 outta 5 ain't bad :D

Hardest gee the bulldogs were all hard at Coffs harbour....LOL
Hardest
Morely -by a long mile -ever
Terry Randall-he hurt
Gillespie-and still hurting beer bottles these days
The rest dont rate

Overated
Barret
Mason
Kimmorely
wayne Bennet
Peter frilingos

JJ

Immortal
Roosters Grim Reaper said:
Hardest gee the bulldogs were all hard at Coffs harbour....LOL
Hardest
Morely -by a long mile -ever
Terry Randall-he hurt
Gillespie-and still hurting beer bottles these days
The rest dont rate

Overated
Barret
Mason
Kimmorely
wayne Bennet
Peter frilingos

Morely, why do you Roosters fans have such an obsession with Morely, he's not hard.

People like Sattler, Broadhurst, Gillespie, Pay, Webcke, Bella, Chris Mortimer - they are/were hard! Broadhurst would destroy Morley.

As for cowardly thugs like Boyd, when was he ever hard?? What he did to Brohman was hard?? My arse

BAY72

Juniors
OVERRATED:

Mason
Finch
Walker
Mundine
Kimmorely

HARDEST:

Wiki
Kennedy
Webcke
Crocker
Lang

innsaneink

Referee
Holla if ya hear me said:
Hardest-
Terry Randall
Ray Higgs
Les Boyd
John Sattler
Geoff Robinson

Overated-
Minichello
ricketson
Rod howe
Kimmorley
Steve Price

Bloody close to one of the hardest, IMO

TommySmith said:
Toughest:

Terry Randall
Vince Karalius
Luke Phillips
Peter Kelly
Noel Kelly
Ned Kelly!
I wish I could see some film of this bloke....although poms have been known to exxagerate....I've heard blokes like Kelly etc mention him.

Pigskin said:
Hardest

1. Les Davidson
2. Trevor Gillmeister
3. Wally Fullerton-Smith
4. Mark Carroll
5. David Gillespie
Marshmallow :lol:

Meth

Staff member
A couple of hard Kiwis

Mark Graham