What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name Your Best World 17 When All Players Are Fit

nickdraperfto

Juniors
Kris_man said:
nickdraperfto said:
OzBoy,
Our top players now match yours and in some cases are better! I agree we have only 5-6 real quality players but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have at least 4 or 5 in a world team....fielden,senior, faz, morley...cunningham is a certainty if he was fit.

TBH...the aussie team no longer looks bullet proof and the tri nations could prove and should prove this. I think GB will go alright for once.

The english players who could play rep standard in oz are:
Fielden - best in the world
Senior - Exceptional centre
Faz - Now a fantastic prop!
Morley - Excellent
Cunningham - If fit, no one gets ner him!!!!!!!!!!
Mcguire - looks good

Maybe paul sculphorpe but not convinced he would be a massive success like the others.

However, ive heard other names mention who would not get near to being a sucess:
Danny Sculphorpe - :lol: not mobile and makes loads of mistakes!!! Makes good passes but such a liability
Radlinski - not the player he was. Not as solid anymore and gets stepped all the time
Deacon - :lol: can only kick...no where near international class
McDermott - he was excellent in 1994 (ask siro) but an average squad player now
Robbie Paul - are you serious? he looks like the bulls worst player, he's a weak link.
Terry O'connor - only played rep cos our props were poor for years...not good enough for wigan.

first of all, i think that's a very fair post. its good to have someone commenting on the English players who actually knows what they're talking about. but i am gonna carve it up a bit, just for a bit of fun:

"Fielden - best in the world" - best Pommy player in the world, maybe. best player in the world, nup.
"Senior - Exceptional centre" - so are Tonga and Berrigan
"Faz - Now a fantastic prop!" - don't even know who this guy is, and i'm sure after the tri-series nothing will change :lol:
"Morley - Excellent" excellent at the old stiff arm to the head, yes.
"Cunningham - If fit, no one gets ner him!!!!!!!!!!" - i think you're getting him mixed up with Andrew Johns
"Mcguire - looks good" - so does Craig Wing.

Thats ok :D I'm still right though :lol:

OK so i was a bit vague with Fielden, i meant best prop :D
Have to agree there are other centres up with senior including those mentioned and poss martin glesson...my argument was that it was suggested that no english player was anywhere near good enough.
Faz is Andy Farrell whom is our lastest man of steel...has been awesome all year!...but hasn't cut it against the aussies or NZ...he's got one last chance to prove his class.

So you reckon craig Wing looks a bit of alright then! :D You aussies want everything...you wanna be the best players and now you wanna be the best looksers :evil: Now if Sean Long was a betting man i reckon he'd put a fiver on andy farrell being the best looking RL player, i mean the guy has had plastic surgery to improve his looks(nose)!

Ultimately, the GB players now have to reinforce what i am saying by performing in the tri-nations. Then, maybe our players deserve recognition. From an aussie prospective i agree they havn't produced world class performances consistantly...that time is coming!

In-goal

Bench
Danny McGuire is the best prospect i have seen in the game since Lockyer, who i rate as better than Fat arse.

Laugh now but wait until you see him in action, quite an extrodinary talent.

nickdraperfto

Juniors
Yeah gotta agree hes got the lot. So quick with good foot work too, i'd hate to play against him in the same way i'd hate to play Jason Robinson. Then Add McGuires other skills and he could be or already is exceptional. He looks good :D