What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown gone

yobbo84

First Grade
You know I only just realised you were reciting your own clubs recent history and not ours. If you take out the bit about getting kicked out of the competition it feels all too familiar.
Hahaha yes. My point was your club is far from rock bottom - I've been there. In fact O'Brien could do for you what Madge did for us: take a middling team to the next level.

Generalzod

Immortal
So all the playing group was ok to see Ramian go and praised Brown for getting rid of him, so now the same playing group back stabbed their coach....great bunch of people

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Why the f**k does O'Brien wanna go there anyway?

Do your cushy 3 years at the chooks as an assistant, possibly win 3 titles, then go back to the Storm and take over from Bellamy so he can retire on the Gold Coast with his family.

As if he wouldn't be coveting the storm job?

Last edited:
If I had to hypothesise (and this is a big leap, especially when there's so much gone on behind the scenes we don't know yet), it could have played out like this:

- Knights get blown out by the Titans, at this point news leaks about the Knights "party boy" culture, and I have no doubt Brown put a few players (e.g Pearce, Ponga) on notice.

- Pearce rises to the challenge, leads the team on their winning streak before getting the Origin call up. NSW win Game 3, before the Knights players back up 48 hours later for the loss against the Bulldogs.

- The old habits begin to seep in again and the run of losses starts again

- Brown puts a rocket up the team and Pearce objects to this.

- Pearce (and Ponga) go on having a good old time and this rift between Pearce and Brown disrupts the rest of the team, as Pearce turns other team-mates against Brown

- Brown makes his comment last week about the "horrible" culture he inherited at Newcastle, with a specific reference to a certain establishment that is a regular haunt of Pearce, and anybody in the know would've recognised straight away as a thinly-veiled swipe at Pearce

- With Brown announcing his departure, the majority of the team see no more reason to pretend they care about playing for the coach.

Which leads us to this mess.

Or.....not. The only people who really know what happened are the coach and players.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Trying to deflect doesn't change what happened with the "8th Immortal". It's written in stone whether you like it or not. He acted like a peanut cause he knew he was untouchable and the Knights proved him 100% right, and if Newy are not careful, Pearce will turn Ponga into the exact same thing.

ram raid

Bench
Why the f**k does O'Brien wanna go there anyway?

Do your cushy 3 years at the chooks as an assistant, possibly win 3 titles, then go back to the Storm and take over from Bellamy so he can retire on the Gold Coast with his family.

As if he wouldn't be coveting the storm job?

It seems like ok gig to me. It's not like the roster sucks.

Canard

Immortal
Knights fans should be reassured that the CEO has a colour coded spreadsheet to assist in all recruitment matters.