What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown gone

t-ba

Post Whore
Has anyone from this playing group that yielded Mary, Zoolander and Brown actually done anything?

Seems like their coaching records match their playing records. Crushing disappointment.

perverse

Referee
Has anyone from this playing group that yielded Mary, Zoolander and Brown actually done anything?

Seems like their coaching records match their playing records. Crushing disappointment.
I'd say Anthony Mundine did pretty well for himself, if that counts? lol.

perverse

Referee
Now for the club to let all the good players go, hire has-beens, run themselves into a financial basket case for 10 years, get kicked out of the competition, come back in, continue to run yourselves like a basket case, then get taken over by millionaires - and still be sh*t for another 5 years. A long way to go young padawan.
We were supposed to produce the next immortal before that loop started again. I guess we thought it was more efficient to skip that bit.

King hit

Coach
Dissapointing Brown's tenure ends like this. He has done a good job of building a team for the Knights

perverse

Referee
Now for the club to let all the good players go, hire has-beens, run themselves into a financial basket case for 10 years, get kicked out of the competition, come back in, continue to run yourselves like a basket case, then get taken over by millionaires - and still be sh*t for another 5 years. A long way to go young padawan.
We were supposed to produce the next immortal before that loop started again. I guess we thought it was more efficient to skip that bit.
You know I only just realised you were reciting your own clubs recent history and not ours. If you take out the bit about getting kicked out of the competition it feels all too familiar.

ram raid

Bench
I'd love to know what Brown did to offside the players. It has to be more than a 'lack of confidence' in his coaching. There was definite spite and gloating in the way Ponga and Pearce spoke about it.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Hate Bennett back giving him shit was a bad call
Brown is an idiot
Trying too hard to be like freddy joey and the like

The media f**kwits jumping out of the ground to defend him makes him look like an even bigger f**kwit

Smack

Coach

mary was a hog when he played, browny was half decent

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I tell you what, with the pasting the playing group is getting in the media this week, may the footy gods be with the Titties anus because they're gonna want to respond. If they don't, Adam O'Brian may flee the country before ever walking into the joint.

giggity giggity

Juniors
Brown tried to reign in pearce and his drinking and partying ways(which ponga was enjoying too much) and pearce didn't like it and ended up turning 3/4's of the team against him,this is from a player in the 17.

perverse

Referee
I tell you what, with the pasting the playing group is getting in the media this week, may the footy gods be with the Titties anus because they're gonna want to respond. If they don't, Adam O'Brian may flee the country before ever walking into the joint.
It will be a remarkable show of weak character if they can't come out and have a dig this weekend. You're right, they're getting absolutely flogged. Rightly so, too. It's Old Boys day. They've just embarrassed themselves and the fans entirely last week. Any team with any modicum of self respect would come out with a point to prove.

Reflector

Juniors
Brown tried to reign in pearce and his drinking and partying ways(which ponga was enjoying too much) and pearce didn't like it and ended up turning 3/4's of the team against him,this is from a player in the 17.

If I had to hypothesise (and this is a big leap, especially when there's so much gone on behind the scenes we don't know yet), it could have played out like this:

- Knights get blown out by the Titans, at this point news leaks about the Knights "party boy" culture, and I have no doubt Brown put a few players (e.g Pearce, Ponga) on notice.

- Pearce rises to the challenge, leads the team on their winning streak before getting the Origin call up. NSW win Game 3, before the Knights players back up 48 hours later for the loss against the Bulldogs.

- The old habits begin to seep in again and the run of losses starts again

- Brown puts a rocket up the team and Pearce objects to this.

- Pearce (and Ponga) go on having a good old time and this rift between Pearce and Brown disrupts the rest of the team, as Pearce turns other team-mates against Brown

- Brown makes his comment last week about the "horrible" culture he inherited at Newcastle, with a specific reference to a certain establishment that is a regular haunt of Pearce, and anybody in the know would've recognised straight away as a thinly-veiled swipe at Pearce

- With Brown announcing his departure, the majority of the team see no more reason to pretend they care about playing for the coach.

Which leads us to this mess.