What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cayless

thatsold

Juniors
Too bad he only does this for the international games. Maybe all the puffing and wheezing he does when hes giving his usual mediocre performance in club games is just an act.

True EEL

Bench
thatsold said:
Too bad he only does this for the international games. Maybe all the puffing and wheezing he does when hes giving his usual mediocre performance in club games is just an act.

i hope this is a poor joke or an attempt at sarcasm, because if you're being serious you're way out of touch with the game and Cayless' form.....

Hellsy

Immortal
Nathan puffs and huffs because he has asthma, it astounds me how he can play such a physical game week in and week out the way he does and as a fellow asthma sufferer I stand and applaud him :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

caylo

Bench
Cayless is one of the fittest props in the game, he would challange Bailey in fitness. If you guys dont remember when he was moved in2 the backrow, he was playing 70min a game, and often plays 60mins a game at prop which is amazing for such a high preasured role

Stagger eel

Staff member
True EEL said:
i hope this is a poor joke or an attempt at sarcasm, because if you're being serious you're way out of touch with the game and Cayless' form.....

I wouldn't worry about him...he's just a 2 post old cowboy out to make an early impression.

thatsold

Juniors
True EEL said:
What form? He has no impact in club games in terms of attack, he hardly makes any metres/hitup and yet against Australia, against the best players of the nrl hes outstanding. The only explanation is that hes bludging at club level and all that puffing and wheezing is act. Theres no comparison between the international Cayless and the club Cayless.

Hellsy

Immortal
U try living with asthma mate.
He puffs just as much at International level as what he does at club level.
Maybe you notice it more cause he plays more minutes with the club than with NZ

Stagger eel

Staff member
thatsold said:
What form? He has no impact in club games in terms of attack, he hardly makes any metres/hitup and yet against Australia, against the best players of the nrl hes outstanding. The only explanation is that hes bludging at club level and all that puffing and wheezing is act. Theres no comparison between the international Cayless and the club Cayless.

there would be plenty of people with more knowledge in football than what you'll ever have disagree with you..plenty...I'll put my house on it.

cardinal

Juniors
thatsold said:

Caylo is more often than not second in hitups and tackles behind Hindy, guess the only explanation is that you have no idea. Go onto the nrl forum there is a poster called skeppe that I think you would get along great with.

thatsold

Juniors
eelavation said:
there would be plenty of people with more knowledge in football than what you'll ever have disagree with you..plenty...I'll put my house on it.

Everyone thinks hes this good normally? If hes good enough to inspire such praise playing amongst and against the best the nrl has to offer, surely his amazing performances must stand out even more in club games.
So i guess you have these threads where everyone praises his performances after every club game huh?

Im new see, so I wouldnt have seen those.

thatsold

Juniors
cardinal said:
Caylo is more often than not second in hitups

Its quality not quantity.
He makes so little ground when he takes hitups its not funny. In club level anyway. For NZ when hes really trying he makes it look easy.

thatsold said:
Everyone thinks hes this good normally? If hes good enough to inspire such praise playing amongst and against the best the nrl has to offer, surely his amazing performances must stand out even more in club games.
So i guess you have these threads where everyone praises his performances after every club game huh?

Im new see, so I wouldnt have seen those.

I agree with you. If Cayless plays the way for Parra like the way he plays for NZ. He would be dynamite at club level. I haven't seen cayless run this hard for 4 years. It's not too say that he has been playing poor. It's just he has reached a level in these last few games that I've never thought i'd see from him again.

Parra Guru

Coach
thatsold, you have to be on something???

Cayless is much better for Parra than NZ. And he is a good captain and clubman who has had a really sh*t run of injuries.

Like every Parra player, he has been criticised from time to time, but as for that puffing and wheezing comment, you are really scraping the barrell for some ammo.

strider

Post Whore
Caylo was playing good footy down the backend of this season - AND with all our injuries and small pack he was carrying a huge load ..... a bit different to coming off the bench for a NZ team with a pack of giants

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hellsy said:
Nathan puffs and huffs because he has asthma, it astounds me how he can play such a physical game week in and week out the way he does and as a fellow asthma sufferer I stand and applaud him :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hear you, Hellsy.

And what really pleases me about Caylo is that he is SUCH a good guy, too. Such a nice guy.

He's a true champ.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'll also add this:

When he plays for NZ, he has the luxury of playing alongside guys like Wiki, Jay Cay, Asotasi...Forwards who go forward.

At the Eels...Well, half our forwards make 30-odd tackles eveyr game, but their attack is...Sub-par...

Just wait - see a starting front row of Moimoi and Cayless and you'll see that same form at a club level.

Throwing Mateo in at lock wouldn't hurt, either...

Hellsy

Immortal
Precisely Eele!
He has to do more work at Parra as we do not have the Kiwi International pack

Eelementary

Post Whore
Give Nathan Cayless some other forwards who actually go forward at a club level, and watch him shine. ;-)

True EEL

Bench
thatsold said:

well i won't be wasting any more oxygen replying to any of your posts again...

and for those who wish to claim "he is useless" at club level, try watching the game with your eyes open, it might help