What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cleary

OldPanther

Coach
He’s not far away from getting it right I think.

Honestly I think it's a coaching + experience thing. It's why I want him in origin. I don't care if Panthers players are in origin I just want him spending time with Joey/Freddie.

Fangs

Coach
Those inside balls from Cleary are remarkably similar to what Gower was doing 05-07 in attack. Its real rubbish stuff and frustrating to watch from the pisshead South hill I must say.

OldPanther

Coach
Also have to remember he will be our 7 for the next 10 year most likely with Maloney leaving next year. This stuff should be spoken about as Luai won't do what Maloney does as far as organising and carrying the team.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Also have to remember he will be our 7 for the next 10 year most likely with Maloney leaving next year. This stuff should be spoken about as Luai won't do what Maloney does as far as organising and carrying the team.
This is was a rare game for Jimmy. Been a flop overall

OldPanther

Coach
Clearly its not what matters for a 7 in the end but just watching those 2 try savers tonight from Nathan....quitting on a kid who gives everything like that every week this early? f**k no

Definitely not quitting on him. I want him there. He is such a competitor and will be our Cronk in time.

This is was a rare game for Jimmy. Been a flop overall

Yeah decided he wants to play origin.

Interesting that they've all been better since DWZ left :thinking:

OldPanther

Coach
Watxhing again straight away and Something he is getting better at is straightening up and engaging his defender.

Marky Mark

Juniors
I wonder if it's because he bulked up a lot in the off season, doesn't seem to have the pace or agility like when he first started playing NRL. Way too predictable & structured as well, not much vision which was mentioned earlier - robot like. Works like a mad man for the team though. Not sure Ivan is the right coach for him. If he learns to control a game like BBQ then maybe Clez & the dancing Luai will be a good combo in the future.

The other Mark would have some ideas about this.

OldPanther

Coach
You'd think Brandy & his Daddy would have it sorted - plus when you're on a million a season you should really be up to speed anyway.

Have to remember he is only early in his career but I don't think Brandy or Ivan are right for him. His game isn't improving outside his outstanding effort and defence. If anything his kicking/passing are worse now.

Marky Mark

Juniors
Have to remember he is only early in his career but I don't think Brandy or Ivan are right for him. His game isn't improving outside his outstanding effort and defence. If anything his kicking/passing are worse now.
So his contract was way too much, we needed to clear the decks to keep him & he needs intensive mentoring? Didn't learn anything in Origin camp?

Latest posts