What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cleary

Fangs

Coach
That was my thinking at the time, Had some great halves in the club but no hookers

You don't need a big organiser at 7 with Cleary in the 9 either. He would have played it the way Cameron Smith did for Melbourne all those years.

Munky

Coach
You don't need a big organiser at 7 with Cleary in the 9 either. He would have played it the way Cameron Smith did for Melbourne all those years.

While I think Cameron Smith is probably the best player to lace up a boot he didn't do the organising by himself.

His entire career to 2017 he had two Dally M halfbacks help calling the shots.

2018 and 2019 less so and then Hughes emerged as a gun half.

The other members of the spine were Slater, Paps, Scott Hill, Inglis, Widdop and Munster.

Plus Brett Finch (yuk).

Every player bar Paps played a ton of Origin/internationals. Paps only has a Clive Churchill medal.

It's insane the standard of player Smith spent 400 club games playing alongside.

At rep level he had Lockyer and Thurston.

Fangs

Coach
While I think Cameron Smith is probably the best player to lace up a boot he didn't do the organising by himself.

His entire career to 2017 he had two Dally M halfbacks help calling the shots.

2018 and 2019 less so and then Hughes emerged as a gun half.

The other members of the spine were Slater, Paps, Scott Hill, Inglis, Widdop and Munster.

Plus Brett Finch (yuk).

Every player bar Paps played a ton of Origin/internationals. Paps only has a Clive Churchill medal.

It's insane the standard of player Smith spent 400 club games playing alongside.

At rep level he had Lockyer and Thurston.

He had help as all the best teams/players do but I suppose the point is the Smith was the one in control. Very rare for a 9

Anyone who didn't listen (Croft) got the arse.

Latest posts