What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Fien joins Dragons mid-season

Godz Illa

Coach
The link appeared then disappeared from the Saints website... but it appears to be legit. Fien is set to start his Dragons career in 09

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
From Dragons Website:

Former Warriors utility Nathan Fein has joined the St George Bank Dragons ahead of schedule. Fein was able to secure a release from his club prior to the June 30 deadline, and the Dragons are happy to have him on board. To free up funds under the 2009 salary cap, the Dragons have released forward Jeremy Smith.

kidding!!!

Doug2234

First Grade
Warriors Website confirms it!! Link here!

Fien granted request for release
Nathan Fien has requested and been granted a release from his NRL contract by the Vodafone Warriors.

Fien (29) approached the club through his manager Jim Banaghan late today, seeking a release from the last four months of his current contract.
Vodafone Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah said Fien’s request had been looked upon favourably, allowing him to leave immediately to take up a contract with St George Illawarra.
“We were committed to Nathan staying at the club for the rest of the season,” said Scurrah.
“But given that he asked for a release and that he hasn’t been playing for the Vodafone Warriors in recent weeks, it was only reasonable to allow him to take up this offer.
“Nathan has served us well since arriving for the 2005 season.
“He has gone on to play 100 NRL games for the Vodafone Warriors, he was part of the Kiwis’ World Cup victory last year and he has also contributed well to our community programmes.
“We thank him for his efforts and we wish him and his family all the best for the future.”
Fien said he was looking forward to the next phase of his career after almost five years in Auckland.
“I was committed to seeing out my contract,” he said.
“But with the offer coming from St George Illawarra, I had to make a decision by the deadline (June 30) about my plans.
“While I’m excited about the challenge ahead, it’s sad to leave this club. I’ve had a great time with the Vodafone Warriors, playing with the boys here. I want to thank everyone for the way they’ve supported me and my family.”
Fien finishes his Vodafone Warriors career with 105 matches and 17 tries from 2005-2009. He arrived at the club after making 91 appearances for North Queensland.

Godz Illa

Coach
And accordingly, it's back on ours...

http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=17909

NATHAN FIEN JOINS DRAGONS MID-SEASON

Tuesday, June 30, 2009
The St George Illawarra Dragons have today agreed to terms with Nathan Fien for the balance of this season following his release from the New Zealand Warriors.
Fien, 29, signed a three year deal in May to join the Dragons from the 2010 season but the Warriors have today released him from the remainder of his 2009 contract.
The Mt Isa junior has played nine NRL games this season with his last being in round 10 and will join the Dragons squad next Monday, July 6.
“The circumstance arose for Nathan to join our Club early, following an amicable discussions with the Warriors and his experience will add depth to our squad for the remainder of this year,” said Dragons Head Coach Wayne Bennett.
“Nathan is a versatile player and I am sure he will fit in well with our Club, players and the style of football we like to play”.

xofstgeorge

Juniors
OH f**k YEAH!!!!! 2009 looking even better... young to 2nd row, service from dummy half to benefit instantly