What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Fien joins Dragons mid-season

mainlander 09

Juniors
Godz illa people have been asking alot of questions over here as to why Cleary has got rid of Fien , Ravelli and Witt and put all of his eggs in one basket with Jones.
The first couple of games when Fien started and Jones came off the bench it seemed to work well and since then they have gone downhill.
Michael Witt actually makes his debut for Otago this week in a pre season rugby game. He wasn't even given a chance this year and i thought he played well last year.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Bennett used him off the bench when he successfully returned as Qld Origin coach in 2001 for one game. I suspect that troops would have been thin at the time as Fein was just 21 but obviously the coach has kept an eye on him and knows what he has to offer.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Godz illa people have been asking alot of questions over here as to why Cleary has got rid of Fien , Ravelli and Witt and put all of his eggs in one basket with Jones.
The first couple of games when Fien started and Jones came off the bench it seemed to work well and since then they have gone downhill.
Michael Witt actually makes his debut for Otago this week in a pre season rugby game. He wasn't even given a chance this year and i thought he played well last year.

Really? I thought the Warriors had sold Witt at the end of last year, not dropped him. If he's been there and Cleary has simply been refusing to select him, that proves he is a top shelf idiot.

As for Fien coming, that is a very good depth signing. Young, Priddis, Head, Fien - somehow that group has to mix down to one half-decent hooker. :) Hopefully he provides that bit of extra spark we've been missing. I agree with those that have said Young should still start - we've had some fast starts this year with Young at 9, so there's no reason to panic, and we benefit in defense in the early stages. Then we bring Fien on after 20-30 minutes, and he can take advantage of some tiring defense.

Fein is the final piece in the puzzle.

Getting him here early - it looks like Wayne is having a real crack at winning the comp this year.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
That will surely be the end of Matty Head you would think. Damn shame as I thought he was doing well this season.

Fein is a great pick up by the Saints. Will come in handy in the back end of the season.

Was Priddis signed for 1 season or 2?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Well he did bring Priddis to the club who is now on the outer halfway through the season.

I think he banked on Priddis to show a bit more in a fitness and health point of view. Not to mention the experience.

Priddis looks to have just not been able to keep up with the training, nor the intensity and his defence has slipped significantly.

Priddis was the same type of signing as Woolford - A chance throw that if it came up 7 then it would have been a brilliant purchase. Sadly, he's come up with snake eyes.

I actually feel more for Priddis. Being unable to physically match the requirements your coach needs you to be performing at would be disheartening, to say the least.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I saw Priddis celebrating in the box on Friday night, he seemed very happy.
You would think that with Bennett's open and frank relationship with players that he would have been aware of the situation and perhaps may even be happy to be used on the coaching staff at some point.

Barry's Beath

Juniors
Approaching 200 games! I didnt realise that he had that much experience. You dont play that many games if you cant play the game.

Godz Illa

Coach
After seeing his tattoo, I think I already regret this signing. Awful

nathan_fien.jpg

Dea

Juniors
Priddis contract ends 09
Head contract ends '09
Thanks for the memories but bye bye boys. Feins the new 9 coming off the bench to relieve Young. That is, until he plays up to his "Bennet" potential and pushes Young out permanently.

Nugby

Juniors
After seeing his tattoo, I think I already regret this signing. Awful

nathan_fien.jpg

Can't see it bothering me as much as the bloody star thing on Jeremy Smith's elbow though. I can't help but look at it and wonder if it's the Polynesian version of a tramp stamp.