What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Fien joins Dragons mid-season

Doug2234

First Grade
See here

Fein Tattoo. Second pic after McKinnon - its on both arms!

Nathan Fien (halfback)
The Mt Isa-born Kiwi probably has the most geographical area covered of any Warrior. His entire right arm is devoted to an Eastern theme and half of his left to the American West.

"They are just checkpoints of where I have come from and who I am."

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
it could always be worse..

00000073-image.jpg

I thought smiths wasan iron cross,
i dunno but ask ray he has the same thing on his elbow.
dont have a problem with fiens ink, to each his own he can get whatever he wants tattooed on his body.
nothing wrong with some needlework

Godz Illa

Coach
I wonder where Fien will rate among our recent mid-season signings...

2003 - Quentin Pongia
2005 - Chris Sheppard, Shane Marteene
2007 - Jamie Soward, Michael Lett
2008 - Wendell Sailor

Godz Illa

Coach
Nah he was signed mid-05. Head re-injured himself, then the next week Hornby was injured so we signed Sheppard to play halfback. He played one game, then Hornby's injury turned out not so bad and he returned. Sheppard stuck around for 06 and played another couple of games though

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
he was... but we'll never speak of him again....

speaking of ben rogers and tattoos in the same thread, fein's tattoos could be no worse than rogers tramp stamp on his lower back...

watatank

Coach
I don't fear Fien challenge: Dean Young

After spending the past couple of seasons developing his skills as a hooker, Dean Young doesn't feel threatened by the imminent arrival of Kiwi international utility Nathan Fien.
Young is still expecting to spend some time at dummy-half, even if Fien is thrust into the Dragons line-up next weekend, but admitted it could be the catalyst to spending more time at lock, where he has played most of his career.

As St George Illawarra close in on a guaranteed finals berth, the 25-year-old said he was yet to have an in-depth discussion with coach Wayne Bennett about how Fien's introduction would affect the rest of his season.

Full coverage of The St George Illawarra Dragons
"He'll come here and do a bit of training and I'm sure he'll fit in well with our structure and how our team is doing and that's a decision for Wayne," Young said.

"I don't think my role will change; I think Wayne will continue to start me at hooker and at stages put me back to lock.

"I'm enjoying that role and I'm sure Fien, when he comes, will be a great addition.

"I think with Fien, Matty Head has been doing a great job as well, and we've got Luke Priddis there too, and the more those blokes play hooker, the more I can go in the back-row and I enjoy that role."

Fien will meet the Dragons players on Sunday before having his first training session with the squad at WIN Stadium on Monday morning.

For now, though, Young's focus is firmly fixed upon tonight's match against the Roosters at WIN Jubilee Oval and overcoming the Roosters, who showed improved form in disposing of the Sharks last weekend.

The Roosters will be fired up for the clash after the 29-0 hiding they copped from a Jamie Soward-inspired St George Illawarra on Anzac Day.

With NSW State of Origin prop Michael Weyman sidelined for six weeks with an ankle injury, Young admits it will be a big test for the Dragons forward pack against big-name Roosters such as Willie Mason, Nate Myles and Craig Fitzgibbon.

Prop Jon Green has been brought into the starting line-up in Weyman's place, with talented National Youth Cup front-rower Trent Merrin on the bench.

"He's a good kid (Merrin); he's only had one (NRL) game this year, so he'll be ready to go, jumping out of his skin," Young said.

"And it's good to have that enthusiasm.

"(The Roosters have) got some big boppers - Willie Mason and Fitzy - so it'll be a good test for him."