What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Friend

JAG

Juniors
"It is better to watch stuff than to do stuff" - Homer J Simpson

Sorry, it was the only one I could think of :D

hitman82

Bench
Conan, courtesy of Genghis Khan:
Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

...that's pretty much rugby league.

Meth

Staff member
The gospel parallels are ironically startling.

Rev, you are 'wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.' But you don't realize it. You think you're an adequate poster. So you continue to post. But the more you post, the more your wretchedness, pitifulness, poverty, blindness and nakedness is obvious. You need a savior. Somebody else to be crucified in your place. Somebody more inept that you- maybe the return of Dirty Hoe?

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
The gospel parallels are ironically startling.

Rev, you are 'wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.' But you don't realize it. You think you're an adequate poster. So you continue to post. But the more you post, the more your wretchedness, pitifulness, poverty, blindness and nakedness is obvious. You need a savior. Somebody else to be crucified in your place. Somebody more inept that you- maybe the return of Dirty Hoe?

:pray:

I realize it

Martli

Coach
Considering this thread is in regards to Nathan Friend, I think a piece from Nietzche's writings on the 'Superman' from 'Assorted Essays end Maxims' is more apt than any Zarathustrian excerpt:

"'Will a self.' - Active, successful natures act, not according to the dictum 'know thyself,' but as if there hovered before them the commandment: will a self and thou shalt become a self."

So basically what Nietzche is saying is that Ivan Cleary is a genius, and Nathan Friend is going to rip it for us next year - premiership garuanteed if you ask me.

Conan, courtesy of Genghis Khan:
Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

...that's pretty much rugby league.

Bravo good sirs.

MKEB...

Staff member
Considering this thread is in regards to Nathan Friend, I think a piece from Nietzche's writings on the 'Superman' from 'Assorted Essays end Maxims' is more apt than any Zarathustrian excerpt:

"'Will a self.' - Active, successful natures act, not according to the dictum 'know thyself,' but as if there hovered before them the commandment: will a self and thou shalt become a self."

So basically what Nietzche is saying is that Ivan Cleary is a genius, and Nathan Friend is going to rip it for us next year - premiership garuanteed if you ask me.

Zarathustrian Or Zoroastrian

"let us be such as help the life of the future"... the club perhaps?

devoid

Juniors
Zarathustrian Or Zoroastrian

"let us be such as help the life of the future"... the club perhaps?

I think in terms of Nietzche, the former; if you are significantly older and considering religious scriptures, the latter; in terms of league, there is only one Superman: MANU! This is way too wank for a league forum...

Meth

Staff member
It's pretty much this way with any signing mate, particularly with an Aussie import. Warriors' fans are frustrated. Performance on the park will satisfy the critics.

Skinner

Coach
It's pretty much this way with any signing mate, particularly with an Aussie import. Warriors' fans are frustrated. Performance on the park will satisfy the critics.

I think his comment may be regarding the quotations.

Latest posts